Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump - Schumer

Love this, on many levels...

[Image: 170906161517-schumer-trump-0906-crop-exlarge-169.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2017, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 11:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I saw someone else say this but the DACA Dreamers situation is kind of like Disney World.

If a parent snuck (sneaked?) their kid into Disney World, would you be angry at Disney World for kicking them out or the parents for sneaking them in?

We can't just allow them in here because they grew up here. At some point, we have to stop illegal immigration. They need to go back to their countries and rebuild them with the skills they learned here. We're shouldn't be the world's police, and we shouldn't be their parents, either.

Are you seriously comparing a parent attempting to get out of poverty to provide a better life for their next generation to a family sneaking their kid into Disney World?

Georgia? Figures --- you need to get out of South GA so you can get a better perspective of the world.
Using my home State as an insult? How old are you? I'd put money on me having been to more countries than you have, but try to stay on point.
I knew you'd respond with that. The reality is that the parent committed a crime, and the child has to suffer because of it. That isn't Trump's fault because he wont allow them to take advantage of the situation. Otherwise, all you'd need for citizenship or some sort of psuedo-citizenship is to come over with a kid. You know, because the bleeding hearts will be too sad to deport a child. 
But yeah, maybe respond to one of my points next time?

(09-14-2017, 11:54 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Are you seriously comparing a parent attempting to get out of poverty to provide a better life for their next generation to a family sneaking their kid into Disney World?

Georgia? Figures --- you need to get out of South GA so you can get a better perspective of the world.
Using my home State as an insult? How old are you? I'd put money on me having been to more countries than you have, but try to stay on point.
I knew you'd respond with that. The reality is that the parent committed a crime, and the child has to suffer because of it. That isn't Trump's fault because he wont allow them to take advantage of the situation. Otherwise, all you'd need for citizenship or some sort of psuedo-citizenship is to come over with a kid. You know, because the bleeding hearts will be too sad to deport a child. 
But yeah, maybe respond to one of my points next time?

Yes, because when a mother brings their kid across the border from Ciudad Juarez to El Paso for an opportunity, that equates (in your eyes) to getting your kid into Disney World for free.  [BLEEP]  --- that is one of the most ignorant analogies I've ever seen on this board.

(09-14-2017, 12:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yes, because when a mother brings their kid across the border from Ciudad Juarez to El Paso for an opportunity

So, if I kidnap a child from a poor (maybe even homeless) family and give it more opportunities than it otherwise would have had, what is the statute of limitations in your mind for when my original crime can be ignored and the child becomes legally mine? I mean, I did it to give the child an opportunity and that is all that matters, laws should just be ignored in cases like that... right?

(09-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 12:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yes, because when a mother brings their kid across the border from Ciudad Juarez to El Paso for an opportunity

So, if I kidnap a child from a poor (maybe even homeless) family and give it more opportunities than it otherwise would have had, what is the statute of limitations in your mind for when my original crime can be ignored and the child becomes legally mine?    I mean, I did it to give the child an opportunity and that is all that matters, laws should just be ignored in cases like that... right?

OMG .... did I miss the free dumb pills that were being handed out this morning?

Mother bringing child to US is keeping family together.  You kidnapping a child breaks up the family.  Regarding a homeless child, yes it would be very noble of you to adopt a child through the foster system or via international adoption agencies and give that child an opportunity to strive in the US.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 02:58 PM by Perkolater.)

(09-14-2017, 02:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Perkolater Wrote: So, if I kidnap a child from a poor (maybe even homeless) family and give it more opportunities than it otherwise would have had, what is the statute of limitations in your mind for when my original crime can be ignored and the child becomes legally mine?    I mean, I did it to give the child an opportunity and that is all that matters, laws should just be ignored in cases like that... right?

OMG .... did I miss the free dumb pills that were being handed out this morning?

Lead with a personal attack... LOL. You got nothing.

Boils down to if you break the law to gain an "opportunity" you (and those who also benefit from your illegal activity) have to suffer the consequences. We don't get to pick and choose which laws we want to break or enforce because it feels good.

(09-14-2017, 02:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Perkolater Wrote: So, if I kidnap a child from a poor (maybe even homeless) family and give it more opportunities than it otherwise would have had, what is the statute of limitations in your mind for when my original crime can be ignored and the child becomes legally mine?    I mean, I did it to give the child an opportunity and that is all that matters, laws should just be ignored in cases like that... right?

Mother bringing child to US is keeping family together.  You kidnapping a child breaks up the family.  Regarding a homeless child, yes it would be very noble of you to adopt a child through the foster system or via international adoption agencies and give that child an opportunity to strive in the US.

(09-14-2017, 02:56 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 02:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OMG .... did I miss the free dumb pills that were being handed out this morning?

Lead with a personal attack... LOL.  You got nothing.  

Fixed

LOL! Yeah, that makes all the difference.

(09-14-2017, 03:06 PM)Perkolater Wrote: LOL!  Yeah, that makes all the difference.

.... yeh, my bad on the original post Smile

(09-14-2017, 03:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: .... yeh, my bad on the original post Smile

Well, seeing as you fixed it and all.. LOL. Smile

No worries, but we're never going to see eye to eye on this one, so I'm going to just drop it.

I picked a heck of a day to quit drinking.

The trump Schumer Pelosi thing is fake news.

I hope this makes Mitch and Paul seethe. It's time to vote them out. They've been held down so long that they don't know how to lead.

No ones deporting dreamers imagine a million elio Gonzalez pictures as federal agents raided and removed children. Not gonna happen. Make a path for them to earn citizenship be it paying taxes serving in the miltary whatever.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-14-2017, 09:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The trump Schumer Pelosi thing is fake news.

*Grabs a bourbon and PAX, sits on the couch and waits to read more about this one*
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-14-2017, 10:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hope this makes Mitch and Paul seethe. It's time to vote them out. They've been held down so long that they don't know how to lead.

This sounds like Sean Hannity - which is never a good thing.

I've heard this feeling expressed a lot, but I don't get it. What issue that Trump supports has the House objected to and not passed? What would you have had Paul Ryan do that he hasn't done?

And let's say Senator Billy Yahoo is now Senate Majority leader. How would he have  made someone like John McCain vote the way Trump wants? What "leadership" would Senator Yahoo provide that is new or different?

If Trump wants his agenda passed he needs to get off his butt and start working at it. I know Donald would rather lead via twitter and then blame Ryan and McConnell, but that's not how you get things done. But Trump knows that he'll never be blamed by his hardcore base. They'll always be someone else to take the fall.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(09-15-2017, 09:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 10:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hope this makes Mitch and Paul seethe. It's time to vote them out. They've been held down so long that they don't know how to lead.

This sounds like Sean Hannity - which is never a good thing.

I've heard this feeling expressed a lot, but I don't get it. What issue that Trump supports has the House objected to and not passed? What would you have had Paul Ryan do that he hasn't done?

And let's say Senator Billy Yahoo is now Senate Majority leader. How would he have  made someone like John McCain vote the way Trump wants? What "leadership" would Senator Yahoo provide that is new or different?

If Trump wants his agenda passed he needs to get off his butt and start working at it. I know Donald would rather lead via twitter and then blame Ryan and McConnell, but that's not how you get things done. But Trump knows that he'll never be blamed by his hardcore base. They'll always be someone else to take the fall.

It means all the other Squishes, including Maverick, Murkowski, the Demipendents, and the rest of the RINOs need to get primaried by Real Conservatives who will quit acting like they're the Minority when they have control.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 07:48 AM by The Real Marty.)

If you compare Chuck Schumer to Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, it's pretty obvious Schumer has a lot more personality than those other two. Those other two guys are a couple of cold fish. So it's no wonder Trump likes Schumer more than those other two.

It's going to be interesting to see whether Trump's supporters will continue to support him regardless of what he actually does.

(09-16-2017, 06:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 09:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: This sounds like Sean Hannity - which is never a good thing.

It means all the other Squishes, including Maverick, Murkowski, the Demipendents, and the rest of the RINOs need to get primaried by Real Conservatives who will quit acting like they're the Minority when they have control.

Real Conservatives? lol ... How is that going to help when you have about the farthest thing from a real conservative in the White House?

You mean Real Opportunists, don't you.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 10:12 AM by homebiscuit.)

I have no problem with Trump working with Schumer or Pelosi. He's playing with snakes, but that's the position he's been put in by the supposed leaders of his own party. Ryan and McConnell are the ones who should be in the snake pit but they're so focused on being obstructionists with the Democrats AND mean old Trump that they've emasculated themselves. They're feckless fools who serve no purpose but their own cloudy agendas. Both have spent so much effort shielding themselves from a hostile press that they have no idea how to lead, or even function as lawmakers, when handed an historic opportunity.
The MSM has been fully exposed as a political arm and no longer need to be feared, but like dogs who have been whipped too much, Ryan and McConnell simply keep their tails tucked and snarl at anyone who approaches. It's time for them to go and to get some fresh thinking into politics. Deals can be hashed out and real progress made in this country if it weren't for these petulant children.