Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Complaints about the handling of Westbrook injury

Every time I read one of KJD's drama queen posts, this is pretty much what I envision:

[Image: leave-britney-alone-o.gif]
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This sounds like they'd rather give him time to heal and get back Week 9 than further aggravate the issue. He was clearly ready to play in that preseason game, and my guess is he could have played to start the season. They signed an OL and safety whcih also could have played a factor.

(09-08-2017, 05:49 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is there any proof that playing him despite the injury is the reason why he's on IR, and had he been rested instead, it wouldn't require a longer recovery?

... or is this one of Krayz's annual strokes?

Annual?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Loved Pryor in the draft, my Jets friend said he plays kinda like Bob Sanders.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

He was a guy that was probably going to get 5-10 offensives snaps per game (maybe)  and likely some looks at PR duty.

It sucks to lose a player with his speed and big-play ability. I hope he's ready to play mid-season.

Having Lee and Cole on the roster makes it sting less, but he's a rookie that could have made some impact IMO.

I think they played him too long in that 3rd 4th  week of pre-season. I'd have given him 2-3 series and yanked him. He played well into the third quarter:/
Of course that may not have had much or any impact on the injury --- but it seems unwise.

(09-08-2017, 05:49 PM)FBT Wrote: Every time I read one of KJD's drama queen posts, this is pretty much what I envision:

[Image: leave-britney-alone-o.gif]

I vaguely remember that guys videos were pretty funny before the whole Britney things.

Season is surely lost now. This. THIS is what did it.

Bortles would have missed if he threw it to him anyway.
Here we go again

Yeah this doesn't look good at all for the team. You can't say for certain that playing in the last game affected him, but any smart person can connect the dots. Still, oh well. Screw it.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(09-08-2017, 05:16 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 04:59 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Dede Westbrook - WR - Jaguars
Jaguars placed Dede Westbrook (core) on injured reserve.
It's an unexpected development after the Jaguars let Westbrook play in their preseason finale. Westbrook was healthy enough to get in limited practice this week, but must have suffered a setback. He'll miss at least the first six weeks, but is a candidate to return from IR. Westbrook's injury locks Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, and Allen Hurns into three-wide sets.

He suffered the setback during practice this week, so you should really just have a meltdown over how clueless the coaching staff is for practicing.  Your crown is secure your majesty.

A solid preseason and a pro final against Atlanta, terrible that an injury occurred

I was amazed to see duplicate post, ringing tabloids
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

We still have Bortles as our starting QB. So it really doesn't matter. However, it was plumb stupid to play a big time player in the 4th preseason game. It was meaningless.

He has the same skill set as Odel Beckham Jr. He's twitchy and can run. And has great hamds. Something Lee doesn't really have.

West brook will get a real shot next year with a real QB. The man lucked out.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I still don't get the problem with playing him in the last preseason game. If he hadn't played, not only would he likely have ended up on IR anyway, but some of the same people saying he shouldn't have played wouldn't care due to not seeing him play that game in the first place.

Where is NYC4jags thread policing when the mouth piece makes fun of people.

No where to be found.

Scared [BLEEP]

(09-08-2017, 11:08 PM)trunt87 Wrote: Where is NYC4jags thread policing when the mouth piece makes fun of people.

No where to be found.

Scared [BLEEP]

What the hell are you blathering about now?  

Talk football, or move along.

He will be back week 8
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-08-2017, 08:07 PM)Preach Wrote: Bortles would have missed if he threw it to him anyway.

The post, the avatar - perfect representation of the frustration of a Jags fan.

I agree with krayz. This injury is a clear indication that the front offices and coaching staff of teams with injuries in the preseason like the jaguars and the Patriots are just completely clueless....
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

eh, I get the feeling this was as much of a roster move as an injury move.

I can see this going down like this:
1.) The team doesn't currently feel a pressing need for another good WR and in their minds he was 3rd-5th on their depth chart.
2.) He has a documented injury that might at some point be aggravated if not treated.
3.) They chose to let him have whatever procedure he needs now and start the recovery process now rather than wait for the offseason.
4.) They get to use that roster spot for more glaring needs like FS and OL.
5.) Dede is obviously in their future plans and potentially could return this season if the situation changes like one or more of our other WRs is injured.

I really don't think this has anything to do with them wearing him out in a preseason game.

(09-09-2017, 07:26 AM)Takedakai Wrote: eh, I get the feeling this was as much of a roster move as an injury move.

I can see this going down like this:
1.) The team doesn't currently feel a pressing need for another good WR and in their minds he was 3rd-5th on their depth chart.
2.) He has a documented injury that might at some point be aggravated if not treated.  
3.) They chose to let him have whatever procedure he needs now and start the recovery process now rather than wait for the offseason.
4.) They get to use that roster spot for more glaring needs like FS and OL.
5.) Dede is obviously in their future plans and potentially could return this season if the situation changes like one or more of our other WRs is injured.

I really don't think this has anything to do with them wearing him out in a preseason game.

I'm thinking much the same way as you are.  We are deep at WR.  This allows us to use a roster spot elsewhere for the first part of the season at least if not the entire season.  I'd add that there may still be a slight chance that a trade of one of our WRs might still occur before the trade deadline and if so Dede could be brought back and would likely get the bulk of those targets.  If Hurns is showcased the first few games you'd have to consider the possibility that it's to show a potential trade partner that he's healthy, productive and ready to go.