Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bungles fire OC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-zampese/

Because it is his fault they let their 2 best O-linemen walk and the Red Rocket turned into Blake Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And so the finger pointing begins!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This sums it up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-is-secure
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...of-offense

Marvin Lewis should follow Ken Zampese out the door.

I think Marvin Lewis will finally wind up a free agent. The guy gets them to the post season only to collapse. Now this? The wheels are coming off.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-16-2017, 10:45 AM)FBT Wrote: I think Marvin Lewis will finally wind up a free agent.  The guy gets them to the post season only to collapse.  Now this?  The wheels are coming off.

The wheels came off last year. This is going to be another long season for the Bungles.

What baffles me is Marvin Lewis sticking with Andy Dalton at this point.

They should of tried a diff qb before firing OC Dalton missed so many open throws the other night.
No Fun

(09-16-2017, 01:56 PM)nhiverson Wrote: They should of tried a diff qb before firing OC Dalton missed so many open throws the other night.

It was not all Dalton's fault. I posted links that explain why.

(09-16-2017, 10:59 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 10:45 AM)FBT Wrote: I think Marvin Lewis will finally wind up a free agent.  The guy gets them to the post season only to collapse.  Now this?  The wheels are coming off.

The wheels came off last year. This is going to be another long season for the Bungles.

They're saving McCarron to trade him here.  Haven't you read it on the board?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(09-17-2017, 11:16 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 10:59 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The wheels came off last year. This is going to be another long season for the Bungles.

They're saving McCarron to trade him here. Haven't you read it on the board?

I read all the QB trade rumors in the offseason. The Bungles shot down any suggestions A.J. McCarron will be traded for the same reason the Patriots refused to listen to trade offers for Jimmy Garroppolo: they think the second name on the QB depth chart is priceless .I would bet against the possibility of getting a QB better than Blake Bortles via trade because if one is available, his current team won't want to lose him.

According to one of our armchair GMs, McCarron is an option we should be trading for. Get with the program.

(09-18-2017, 12:30 AM)FBT Wrote: According to one of our armchair GMs, McCarron is an option we should be trading for.  Get with the program.

It depends on whether the Bungles want to prevent him from leaving Cincinnati or not. Based on what I have read in the offseason all signs point away from McCarron leaving Cincy.

If the Bengals are 1-6 or worse and they can get at least a 2nd Round pick for A.J. McCarron, I think they would trade him to a team not in the AFC North.

(09-18-2017, 01:36 AM)D6 Wrote: If the Bengals are 1-6 or worse and they can get at least a 2nd Round pick for A.J. McCarron,   I think they would trade him to a team not in the AFC North.

I was thinking if the Bungles (they don't deserve to be called Bengals right now) are that bad, they should change QBs. Start McCarron and make Dalton a bench warmer.

(09-18-2017, 01:42 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 01:36 AM)D6 Wrote: If the Bengals are 1-6 or worse and they can get at least a 2nd Round pick for A.J. McCarron,   I think they would trade him to a team not in the AFC North.

I was thinking if the Bungles (they don't deserve to be called Bengals right now) are that bad, they should change QBs. Start McCarron and make Dalton a bench warmer.

A.J. McCarron is scheduled to be an UFA in 2018.  Unless the Bengals believe he's a long term solution as a starter,  if they are in essence out of the playoff race and can get at least the equivalent of a 2nd Round pick for him from a team in a different division,  it makes sense to trade him.

(09-18-2017, 01:56 AM)D6 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 01:42 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I was thinking if the Bungles (they don't deserve to be called Bengals right now) are that bad, they should change QBs. Start McCarron and make Dalton a bench warmer.

A.J. McCarron is scheduled to be an UFA in 2018.  Unless the Bengals believe he's a long term solution as a starter, if they are in essence out of the playoff race and can get at least the equivalent of a 2nd Round pick for him from a team in a different division,  it makes sense to trade him.

Would you trade a second round pick for someone who has started only five games in his career? I would not consider it. From what I have read it seems the Bungles want him more than he wants them. They would need something really enticing to trade him during the season. Chances are A.J. McCarron will want to leave next year via free agency if they do not trade him before the deadline. Should Marvin Lewis try to turn the team around by benching Andy Dalton or wait until they are in desperation mode to make a QB switch?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 07:13 PM by D6.)

(09-18-2017, 11:33 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 01:56 AM)D6 Wrote: A.J. McCarron is scheduled to be an UFA in 2018.  Unless the Bengals believe he's a long term solution as a starter, if they are in essence out of the playoff race and can get at least the equivalent of a 2nd Round pick for him from a team in a different division,  it makes sense to trade him.

Would you trade a second round pick for someone who has started only five games in his career? I would not consider it. From what I have read it seems the Bungles want him more than he wants them. They would need something really enticing to trade him during the season. Chances are A.J. McCarron will want to leave next year via free agency if they do not trade him before the deadline. Should Marvin Lewis try to turn the team around by benching Andy Dalton or wait until they are in desperation mode to make a QB switch?

I wouldn't give up a 2nd Round pick for A.J. McCarron.   Yet,  for a team that clearly needs an upgrade but likely won't be picking in the top 5 of the draft,  a 2nd Round pick might be an enticing offer if it's presented.  A team that suffers a QB injury to a quality starter might be willing to pay the price as well.

If the Bengals look like they are out of playoff contention,  they are better off getting a 2nd Round pick from a non division opponent than holding on to McCarron.  The highest Compensatory Pick is in the latter part of Round 3.

The Bengals are already in desperation mode as evidenced by them changing Offensive Coordinators. If Andy Dalton struggles the next couple of games,  then the Bengals have to decide if the season is salvageable with McCarron or whether they should trade him if a good offer presents itself.

(09-20-2017, 07:11 PM)D6 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 11:33 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Would you trade a second round pick for someone who has started only five games in his career? I would not consider it. From what I have read it seems the Bungles want him more than he wants them. They would need something really enticing to trade him during the season. Chances are A.J. McCarron will want to leave next year via free agency if they do not trade him before the deadline. Should Marvin Lewis try to turn the team around by benching Andy Dalton or wait until they are in desperation mode to make a QB switch?

I wouldn't give up a 2nd Round pick for A.J. McCarron. Yet, for a team that clearly needs an upgrade but likely won't be picking in the top 5 of the draft, a 2nd Round pick might be an enticing offer if it's presented. A team that suffers a QB injury to a quality starter might be willing to pay the price as well.

If the Bengals look like they are out of playoff contention, they are better off getting a 2nd Round pick from a non-division opponent than holding on to McCarron. The highest Compensatory Pick is in the latter part of Round 3.

The Bengals are already in desperation mode as evidenced by them changing Offensive Coordinators. If Andy Dalton struggles the next couple of games, then the Bengals have to decide if the season is salvageable with McCarron or whether they should trade him if a good offer presents itself.

My only issue with the second round pick idea is A.J. McCarron's limited playing time (less than six games) reminds me of Brock Oswelier. A team trading a second round pick for him must be a good fit and have the right coaching staff for McCarron to grow and develop into a true starter, not just the best QB in a bad bunch. Christian Hackenberg reportedly has a job only because he is a second-round pick; he would be unemployed if a team had drafted him much later last year. Under the circumstances you described, it could be a bigger win for the Bengals than their trade partner.

We will see how the OC change affects Cincy's offense. If Andy Dalton continues to struggle, benching him in favor of McCarron would be the next logical move.