Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald Trump promise tracker

Quote:I believe that's actually Miss Grown.

Classy.

Unprovoked attack.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Classy.

Unprovoked attack.

An "attack"?  I've always thought that you were female.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

26 billion for the wall. I can't even

Quote:26 billion for the wall. I can't even
If your personal taxes don't go up. Does it matter?

Serious question.

The government takes 3k+ a year from me. I get very little back. As of now some of that money goes to everything the government does. (Mostly pay back debt after accumulating more)

Some of it goes to fund wars I don't agree with, welfare programs I don't agree with, etc.

If the money gets shifted to the wall. I'm good with it. If my taxes go up (which Trump has said they won't) I'll be pretty pissed.

Don't act like you have any idea where your tax money actually goes on the federal level. And without an increase in how much they take, it doesn't matter if the wall costs 80 billion.

Maybe you get all of your tax money back? It's so nice to get those big refunds that pay more than they took, amirite????

In which case... you get 0 right to complain, since NONE of your money is going to the wall.

Crazy how that works...

you would be amazed at how much more the government can spend within our own borders if they stop sending billions to these other random countries for basically no reason

Quote:26 billion for the wall. I can't even

Are you literally shaking?

Quote:you would be amazed at how much more the government can spend within our own borders if they stop sending billions to these other random countries for basically no reason

Like Israel? Or Saudi Arabia?

At least we aren't pretending Mexico is going to pay for it anymore

Quote:Like Israel? Or Saudi Arabia?

At least we aren't pretending Mexico is going to pay for it anymore

yes... exactly

what this supposed to be a "gotcha" moment for you or something?

Quote:At least we aren't pretending Mexico is going to pay for it anymore
Oh but they will. Taxes, tariffs.

Just wait...

Quote:Oh but they will. Taxes, tariffs.

Just wait...

Lol k

Quote:yes... exactly

what this supposed to be a "gotcha" moment for you or something?

I'm sorry, do you think Trump is actually going to do that?

Quote:Lol k
The response of someone who clearly knows when they've been beat.

I accept your surrender. 

Quote:I'm sorry, do you think Trump is actually going to do that?
Stop sending foreign aid to our allies?

Nope.

He probably should though.

And any other country.

Quote:Oh but they will. Taxes, tariffs.

Just wait...

Yeah, except those just fall back on the American consumer, since a large amount of our produce comes from Mexico. Hooray!

Quote:I'm sorry, do you think Trump is actually going to do that?

How should I know? But not sending Palestine 200 mil in a day would be a good start.

Quote:How should I know? But not sending Palestine 200 mil in a day would be a good start.

Not sending laundered money to a country that sponsors terrorism is another good start.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Yeah, except those just fall back on the American consumer, since a large amount of our produce comes from Mexico. Hooray!
Haha..

OK.

Stop giving them aid then?

n 2013, the United States gave Mexico $51.5 million in foreign aid. Of that amount, $24.8 million, the largest segment, was designated for democracy, human rights and governance. The next largest amount, $10.9 million, was designated for the environment, and $8.4 million was designated for economic development.

The bolded text shows that they have been failing in using the money properly as their governance is awful.

Suppose we could stop sending them so much cash and use that money instead?

Also... like I said in a previous post... If your taxes don't go up... you won't notice anyway.

And you don't know where all your tax dollars go.

And if you get a full return (or more than you pay in)... your money isn't going to the wall.

If produce prices increase because of taxes levied on Mexico.. maybe grow more fresh produce stateside instead of paying farmers to not farm

Another "environmental" regulation that makes almost no sense.

Quote:Not sending laundered money to a country that sponsors terrorism is another good start.
I'd be OK with not sending money to ANY country.

Every hour, federal taxpayers in United States paid 
$2.93 million toward Foreign Aid in 2016.

Why are we in the business of nation building?

Silly.

Something is wrong with this...

[Image: discretionary_spending_pie%2C_2015_enacted.png]

The DOW is up yet again today ~102...Thanks President Trump!!

Have you seen my baseball?

So...

Yea

Bout that