Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald Trump promise tracker

Quote:I don't know any statistical links between unemployment and crime, but there probably is one. Jobs can make their way back to cities like Chicago, where Trump said thousands of people have been murdered in recent years.
The primary link has always been between crime and poverty. Poverty goes up, crime is sure to follow and vice versa. Unemployment leads to poverty, hence the link with crime. Doesn't matter whether it's black, brown, white, yellow, red or purple with yellow polka dots; poverty and crime go hand in hand. Don't fight crime, fight poverty.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 04:42 PM by badger.)

Quote:He blamed Dems for ruining the inner cities and said he would fix them. Poverty. Crime. Education. Joblessness. "I will fix it. I'll bring jobs. I'll bring great education. I'll bring safe neighborhoods." If you don't add this to the list, you are making an incomplete list. He promised this on the campaign. "A Trump presidency will bring economic prosperity to all our people." Put up or shut up.

Oct 1 Manheim Pennsylvania

poor jobs or the lack thereof is precisely the problem that leads to all these other problems... it's simple. fix the jobs, fix the area.  giving people free welfare is not a fix.  it's a band-aide.

so, no, "make inner cities better" is not making the list, just like "make america great" is not on the list

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 04:52 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:poor jobs or the lack thereof is precisely the problem that leads to all these other problems... it's simple. fix the jobs, fix the area. giving people free welfare is not a fix. it's a band-aide.

so, no, "make inner cities better" is not making the list, just like "make america great" is not on the list
Your exclusion of this is garbage. It was clearly a campaign promise. I even gave you the quote, date and location. Don't be a Pepe. Find it on YouTube.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Your exclusion of this is garbage. It was clearly a campaign promise. I even gave you the quote, date and location. Don't be a Pepe. Find it on YouTube.

na

unless you can tell me specifically how to confirm that promise, im leaving it out.  like with the wall.  there is no "maybe".  he either builds a wall or not.

NAFTA. you either change that [BLEEP] or not.

saying, "make things better".  that cant be confirmed nor denied.

Quote:na

unless you can tell me specifically how to confirm that promise, im leaving it out. like with the wall. there is no "maybe". he either builds a wall or not.

NAFTA. you either change that [BAD WORD REMOVED] or not.

saying, "make things better". that cant be confirmed nor denied.

I really wish I could post the YouTube clip so you could see how full of [BLEEP] you are. He made a campaign promise and probably got votes because of it.
Only a chump boos the home team!

100,000 new enrollees in Obamacare Wednesday!

Quote:If the jobs don't make it back, then the promise isn't kept. Crime is heavily influenced by education and poverty. You can help resolve poverty by providing jobs, which trade re-negotiation, small business creation via tax/regulation cuts, and infrastructure spending *should* do. Also eradicating common core, providing school choice, expanding school-type options, and encouraging vocational training can go a long way in improving education. I am hoping whoever Trump puts in charge of education takes a strong look at Finland's very effective educational system, which is much different than ours.

Also, allowing state police officers to do their jobs without a threatening and abusive DoJ can improve efficiency within policing.

People can't get out of poverty just by getting jobs. During his DNC speech, Bernie Sanders talked about many full-time employees still being in poverty because $7.25 an hour is not enough to cover living costs. He ended that part of his speech with this statement: "We need to make minimum wage living wage." Bringing jobs back to inner cities is step 1, but it is not enough to just make jobs available when poverty is a big problem.

One debate question was about the "stop and frisk" tactic for reducing violent crimes. Donald Trump said he likes the idea because it maintains law and order. Hillary Clinton said it is unconstitutional. What's your opinion?

Misusing the minimum wage argument is to not understand the facts.

The minimum wage is a starting/training wage.  If you are still at that wage after years of work, then you're not making good life choices.  You are not gaining skills and you are not proving yourself worthy of more (absent, tardy, poor performance, you name it.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 05:21 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Misusing the minimum wage argument is to not understand the facts.

The minimum wage is a starting/training wage.  If you are still at that wage after years of work, then you're not making good life choices.  You are not gaining skills and you are not proving yourself worthy of more (absent, tardy, poor performance, you name it.)

You are the most naive voter in America if you honestly believe making bad choices is the only reason people earning minimum wage are in poverty. Most people in poverty are unable to spend money on the wrong stuff and extremely frugal.

Quote:You are the most naive voter in America if you honestly believe making bad choices is the only reason people earning minimum wage are in poverty. Most people in poverty are unable to spend money on the wrong stuff and extremely frugal.

Did you know that raising the minimum wage causes jobs to be cut/lost?  And for those who aren't downsized/rightsized/whateversized, surviving employees' pay can be frozen or squeezed as a result?

You are the most uninformed voter in America.

You're talking to someone born in a trailer put up on their grandparent's farm, who worked himself through an MBA.

What have you ever accomplished in life?  Have you ever had a minimum wage job?

My first job that wasn't mowing grass, paid me $3.35 per hour.  After years of earning increases, they raised the minimum.  Suddenly the scale was squeezed, nullifying all I had worked for by handing nearly the same wage I had worked hard and long to earn to whatever inexperienced person that walked through the door.

If you were part of the workforce and had that experience, you would have been exposed to such things instead of relying on stories.  It's obvious, like with most topics you try to keep up with, you are not informed of the complete story nor do you care enough to look at issues from ALL sides.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:it's so broad and subjective it's not worth noting. even Obama says he "prevented financial crisis" because well... he says he did. so it must be true. my point is, at the end of it all Trump can say "I made America great again" no matter what happens.

It was a joke man.

Pirkster, how old are you? Minimum wage was $4.25 when I got my first job, which paid me $5.00 per hour. I was paid minimum wage at my last job in Ohio when it went up via state constitutional amendment to $6.85 per hour.

Quote:I really wish I could post the YouTube clip so you could see how full of [BAD WORD REMOVED] you are. He made a campaign promise and probably got votes because of it.

Even if he says, "I promise to make inner cities better" that is too broad. I'm more interested in how since that can be confirmed.

Coal.

We were promised coal.

Tax returns.

Didn't he say he'd release his tax returns?

Quote:Tax returns.

Didn't he say he'd release his tax returns?

I thought that was after Hillary released the emails she deleted?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Trump will be earning 400K a year for the next 8 years, but he promised not to take a salary. I'm sure he will release his tax returns for some of you babies.

Added the salary thing

Not adding the bit about the tax returns because that's really just meaningless and was much more forced on him by his enemies. It wasn't really his idea

Quote:Added the salary thing

Not adding the bit about the tax returns because that's really just meaningless and was much more forced on him by his enemies. It wasn't really his idea

America showed just how much they cared about the tax returns, huh? The far left are sub-human.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 04:40 PM by CAPTAIN.)

Quote:I thought that was after Hillary released the emails she deleted?
More along the lines of his accountants advising him not to or some excuse like that.

Edit: after they complete an audit even though that doesn't stop him from releasing it. Transparency is a wonderful thing; I'm not just going to blindly trust him like the lot of youse.