Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles the worst pick in franchise history?

He is only the worst pick on even numbered weeks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Any patriots QB. Is a product of that system. Move them to another team. The results are not the same. Not even close.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(10-02-2017, 03:27 PM)rufftime Wrote: He is only the worst pick on even numbered weeks.

He is the most unnatural thrower of the football I have ever seen. Dave drafted him knowing this and solely on the assumption if he went back to UCF, he would be the best QB in the following draft. Whatever Blake had in his first preseason, he lost it.

The kid can't even throw the most simple of passes without "guiding" it in there. Hard to watch. They need to bench him right now so they aren't on the hook for his salary next year if he gets hurt.

(10-02-2017, 03:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 03:27 PM)rufftime Wrote: He is only the worst pick on even numbered weeks.

He is the most unnatural thrower of the football I have ever seen. Dave drafted him knowing this and solely on the assumption if he went back to UCF, he would be the best QB in the following draft. Whatever Blake had in his first preseason, he lost it.

The kid can't even throw the most simple of passes without "guiding" it in there. Hard to watch. They need to bench him right now so they aren't on the hook for his salary next year if he gets hurt.

Even in at least part of Blake Bortles 2nd pre-season,  I thought he had the look of a big time NFL QB.  

My two cents is the Jaguars will continue to start the QB that the team brass believes gives them the best chance of winning unless the team falls out of the playoff race.   If the latter happens,  I think at that time Bortles won't be used because of the 2018 salary situation.

The Gabbert pick set us back further than the rest.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-02-2017, 05:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: The Gabbert pick set us back further than the rest.

That's my take because of the Jaguars need to address the QB position during the Dave Caldwell-Gus Bradley regime.  Which led to lost opportunity cost in the 2014 Draft.

(10-02-2017, 05:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: The Gabbert pick set us back further than the rest.

Set us back in that he cost an extra 2nd rounder? Cause as mentioned previously Gabbert only set us back for 3 years before he was sent packing, whereas Bortles is well on his way to setting us back for a 4th.

I guess it comes down to whether an extra year or a 2nd rounder sets a franchise back farther. Legitimate argument for both sides.

(10-02-2017, 03:30 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Any patriots QB. Is a product of that system.  Move them to another team.  The results are not the same.  Not even close.

Brisset is playing pretty good for the colts being he just got there.