Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles the worst pick in franchise history?

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 05:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

GABBERT

the dude just coiled up in a fetus position when the rush came.

Seriously, he and Casey Anthony should be permanently evicted from Florida

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gabbert is, he's last season as our starter dude had 1 td and 7 int, let that sink in, Blake would never suck that bad, plus is Gabbert was a scared lil child
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-19-2017, 08:14 AM)FBT Wrote: You can't set multiple franchise records and be the worst pick ever.

1. One year fluke

2. He made a living out of 50/50 balls that whole year.  Robinson/Hurns saved his butt for most of that year

3. Garbage time stats against prevent defense.

Considering he was drafted 3rd overall as a QB,  yes I will stand by and say he is the WORST!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I would say Gabbert was worse but Bortles isn't far behind him.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

From a Consequential Damages standpoint, one could argue it was selecting Leftwich over Terrell Suggs.

Since we already had our QB, the following year we selected Reggie Williams (WR) over Ben Roethlisberger.

Yes, we could have had Suggs and Big Ben

Gabbert

That is all.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(09-19-2017, 06:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 08:14 AM)FBT Wrote: You can't set multiple franchise records and be the worst pick ever.

1. One year fluke

2. He made a living out of 50/50 balls that whole year.  Robinson/Hurns saved his butt for most of that year

Considering he was drafted 3rd overall as a QB,  yes I will stand by and say he is the WORST!

#3- How many times were you proved incorrect with that on the old boards?  Wallbash

Bortles may not work out here, and that set us back a bit. But to call him the worst pick we've made is a bit naive.

When we traded up all those spaces to get Derrick Harvey ... I think that was the worst move we have ever made as a franchise. That was our worst pick. There were many others as well ... Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Joeckel, Blackmon ... etc.

Giving up so much equity for a turd who would get stoned and make "kung fu" videos ...
You're Welcome.

You are not even close. The Byron Leftwich pick was the singular worst pick in franchise history. Because the franchise overreached on Byron, they then overreached on Reggie (Dance baby Dance) Williams, and Matt "freaking" Jones just to prop up the 2003 pick of Leftwich. It is even worse you when you consider that Garrard, the QB that eventually beat him out and is the 2nd best QB in franchise history was already on the roster.

That singular pick IMO has sent this franchise in the downward spiral that we currently find ourselves in. Overreach after overreach after overreach...
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-19-2017, 08:07 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: Bortles may not work out here, and that set us back a bit. But to call him the worst pick we've made is a bit naive.

When we traded up all those spaces to get Derrick Harvey ... I think that was the worst move we have ever made as a franchise. That was our worst pick. There were many others as well ... Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Joeckel, Blackmon ... etc.

Giving up so much equity for a turd who would get stoned and make "kung fu" videos ...

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Lets not forget it was soul train on the filed every time Reggie Williams made a 2 yard catch.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-19-2017, 08:55 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 08:07 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: Bortles may not work out here, and that set us back a bit. But to call him the worst pick we've made is a bit naive.

What degree black belt is that?

(09-19-2017, 06:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: From a Consequential Damages standpoint, one could argue it was selecting Leftwich over Terrell Suggs.

Since we already had our QB, the following year we selected Reggie Williams (WR) over Ben Roethlisberger.

Yes, we could have had Suggs and Big Ben

And if not Ben in 2004, Aaron Rodgers over Matt Jones the next year.

(09-19-2017, 08:47 PM)copycat Wrote: You are not even close.  The Byron Leftwich pick was the singular worst pick in franchise history.  Because the franchise overreached on Byron, they then overreached on Reggie (Dance baby Dance) Williams, and Matt "freaking" Jones just to prop up the 2003 pick of Leftwich.  It is even worse you when you consider that Garrard, the QB that eventually beat him out and is the 2nd best QB in franchise history was already on the roster.  

That singular pick IMO has sent this franchise in the downward spiral that we currently find ourselves in.  Overreach after overreach after overreach...

Gabbert was the worst. He cost a 1st and 2nd round pick. Even Harvey didn't cost that much. Soward was the most useless, but he was the 29th pick and we didn't miss on any great players.

Leftwich was a good QB and improving until his injury in 2005 ruined his career. That makes him far better than Gabbert, and (unfortunately) probably Bortles.

You can't blame Reggie Williams and Matt Jones on the Leftwich pick. Both may have turned out better had Jimmy Smith not turned them on to cocaine (speculation there, but logical speculation). I was never impressed with Reggie Williams, but Mattloaf showed some real talent at first.

Just because we had a QB doesn't mean that the Jags would have picked Roethlisberger or Rodgers had Leftwich not been here. None of the QB needy teams were willing to trade up for Roethlisberger, and Rodgers was passed over by many teams that needed a QB.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

In Gabbert's defense, he can throw a football, he was just terrified of linemen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(09-19-2017, 06:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

1. One year fluke

Good for you.

In reality, Soward and Gabbert were both worse picks because neither produced ANYTHING at ANY TIME.  You can make an argument that he's the third worst draft pick, but Harvey is another guy who really did nothing here statistically.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 08:42 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-19-2017, 11:08 PM)CSO14 Wrote: In Gabbert's defense, he can throw a football, he was just terrified of linemen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As I've said before, if we could only put Gabbert's arm on Blake's body.

Speaking of, with Palmer looking horribad, how long before Gabbert is starting in Arizona?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I love how people forget just how bad Gabbert was. The guy was literally scared to step onto the football field. A guy would be five yards from him and he would scramble and take cover.

At least Bortles has guts.

(09-18-2017, 11:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 11:16 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Reggie Nelson was pretty awful here. Didn't we trade him for a useless cb?

Yes, and at just the wrong time. Nelson was playing much better and was the Jags leading tackler that preseason. Had the Jags had any decent safety play in 2010 we would have won the division.

If the Jaguars had the current secondary in 2015, they would have won the division with Blake at QB.
'02

(09-20-2017, 09:04 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 11:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Yes, and at just the wrong time. Nelson was playing much better and was the Jags leading tackler that preseason. Had the Jags had any decent safety play in 2010 we would have won the division.

If the Jaguars had the current secondary in 2015, they would have won the division with Blake at QB.

Not with Babich as DC.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"