Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we take a moment to appreciate AR-15?

Arob gets "NFL open" plenty too, I remember NYCs pictures from last year. Unfortunately our QB doesn't have anticipation so he has to see him open first, then take his sweet time with those mechanics, and finally deliver an average velocity and likely wobbly ball. By time all of that has happened he's not open anymore.

I bet he would look open all the time if someone with a little anticipation like Mariota and his lightning quick release were his QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 03:36 PM by TheAll22.)

I'm honestly embarrassed by the lack of football understanding and inability to evaluate talent in this thread. First off, just look at his physical stature, he's a lengthy and smooth runner with an elastic frame that is the base for his skill set. Robinson has incredibly long arms and his shoulders are loose which creates a massive catch radius that you see on some of those wild throws. Robinson has saved Bortles week to week throughout his career because he doesn't need his QB to be very accurate. I could only imagine what he could do in Oakland, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta or several other towns that would appreciate his gifts. You can give arguments about his ability to be tough, his route running his motivation at times, and he will allow a physical corner have their way..

There are clear flaws with his game - He's had bad games, he can be emotionally driven (wouldn't you be with this circus-show) but to say he's a possession receiver, call him a diva, or he's not a number one or some of the cliche things I've read here and in past threads drive me nuts. This is clear evidence to me that you either aren't watching, don't know what you are looking at or are desensitized by pro athletes to a point where nothing excites you anymore and you probably live a sad and hopeless life that consists of eating the same ham & cheese sandwich with mustard every day for lunch in a cubicle, and the ham is probably a few days past its eaten by date but you figured what the heck.

Robinson has put this team on his back and dominated at times and he plays with passion and heart through some garbage years of play with this team. The first thing teams did when they prepare for the Jags, it game-plan for Allen Robinson. Robinson is an incredible athlete, in fact, he's somewhere in the top quarter of his position in overall athleticism. This is a heartbreaking blow to the team, because he may never be the same. I really thought fans might realize how important he has been since being drafted, but again I'm kind of amazed here.

(09-20-2017, 03:31 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: I'm honestly embarrassed by the lack of football understanding and inability to evaluate talent in this thread. First off, just look at his physical stature, he's a lengthy and smooth runner with an elastic frame that is the base for his skill set. Robinson has incredibly long arms and his shoulders are loose which creates a massive catch radius that you see on some of those wild throws. Robinson has saved Bortles week to week throughout his career because he doesn't need his QB to be very accurate. I could only imagine what he could do in Oakland, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta or several other towns that would appreciate his gifts. You can give arguments about his ability to be tough, his route running his motivation at times, and he will allow a physical corner have their way..

There are clear flaws with his game - He's had bad games, he can be emotionally driven (wouldn't you be with this circus-show) but to say he's a possession receiver, call him a diva, or he's not a number one or some of the cliche things I've read here and in past threads drive me nuts. This is clear evidence to me that you either aren't watching, don't know what you are looking at or are desensitized by pro athletes to a point where nothing excites you anymore and you probably live a sad and hopeless life that consists of eating the same ham & cheese sandwich with mustard every day for lunch in a cubicle, and the hame is probably a few days past its eaten by date but you figured what the heck.

Robinson has put this team on his back and dominated at times and he plays with passion and heart through some garbage years of play with this team. The first thing teams did when they prepare for the Jags, it game-plan for Allen Robinson. Robinson is an incredible athlete, in fact, he's at the top of his position This is a heartbreaking blow to the team, because he may never be the same and if the team

Aside from the bad ham sandwich in a cubicle rant (funny BTW) I tend to agree with your points here.  And many fans are indeed desensitized and expect circus catches to be the norm.  

I often imagine how productive A-Rob and Lee could be with other teams and it makes me sad we don't have a QB capable of really taking advantage of their talents.

To those talking about separation, 15, 11 and 88 get separation pretty consistently.  The ball is often getting there late and/or off-target and these receivers have to adjust routes into the coverage to attempt the catch way too often. 

Are there routes and plays when these guys get blanketed?  Sure.  But I see plenty of separation coming out of their breaks and the ball just isn't getting to the spot on time - or it's going to the wrong spot.

He's definitely our best receiver and we'll miss him being out this year. My only minor issue with him is that he is pretty inefficient. He has a bad catch to target ratio. It can somewhat be blamed on QB play though.

(09-20-2017, 09:51 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 11:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Just curious but what makes you say he wants to be here? I was under the opposite impression.

He publicly asked for an extension back in July/August.

There was an article in the offseason where he was quoted as saying that he wanted a contract extension and thought he'd deserved/earned one with his play thus far, but said he'd let his agent handle that and his focus was just on getting wins until the deal can get done.

Every player in any sport in the world would give that answer in that situation. I'm not sure if I'm buying it.

(09-19-2017, 07:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 07:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: AR15 is a good possession receiver, but unfortunately not a #1.

He was a Pro Bowl snub in 2015. Remember when a lot of people - not just Jaguars fans - said he should have been selected over Calvin Johnson?

Allen Robinson has been the team's #1 WR when healthy since he was drafted. Nobody is trying to say he is a poor man's Odell Beckham, but his ability to make tricky 50-50 catches in tight coverage is unmatched on this team. Marqise Lee is terrible at it. Allen Hurns has a different skill set. It is just not the same without Robinson.

If ya had the choice of AR15 or Calvin Johnson both in prime?  How many select Ar15?  Hardly any.  So I will disagree.  No one I know said he was better then a healthy CJ.  And until AR15 can have 4 guys on him all game long and make plays consistently he is not close.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

No doubt we're a better team with ARob than without. It comes down to how big of a contract he'll want. I believe the ideal sitaution and best case outcome is that the ACL helps to compel ARob to sign the exact same deal that Hurns signed... no ands, ifs or buts. By "exact" I merely mean the same amounts and percentages per year, such as a 5-year deal for $50 mil with $20 mil guaranteed.
'02

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 08:52 AM by MoJagFan.)

Because of our QB situation, I wouldn't resign with this team.  Take lesser money and go play with someone that can get you the ball.

We have a chicken or the egg problem here.  How much can we really gauge these WRs with the inconsistent and poor QB play we have seen.  The only reason garbage time is used to death is that is the only thing that gets BB5 settled.  Guy is tough and has taken a beaten but he doesn't play well until the game is out of reach.

EDIT:

Just thinking further, yes I can think of some games where BB5 was serviceable before the game was out of reach but it is few and far between.  Prior coaching staff, front office over drafting him, etc.  hindsight really shows we screwed up with the whole Henne will start deal that thrust him into starting.

Honestly couldn't we have come up with another way to spend to the cap then keep Henne on the roster?  Man our QB situation has been dread awful.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-21-2017, 07:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote: No doubt we're a better team with ARob than without. It comes down to how big of a contract he'll want. I believe the ideal sitaution and best case outcome is that the ACL helps to compel ARob to sign the exact same deal that Hurns signed... no ands, ifs or buts. By "exact" I merely mean the same amounts and percentages per year, such as a 5-year deal for $50 mil with $20 mil guaranteed.
Guessing he'll want more than 10 million a year even with the ACL tear.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 09:01 PM by Upper.)

Hopkins just got 16.2 mil annually with no other teams being able to bid. Even with the ACL tear Arob I think could command 15+ mil as a 24 year old UFA with good production and 31 other teams that can attain him. We better at least franchise him if we can't strike a long term deal.

(09-21-2017, 02:01 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 07:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: He was a Pro Bowl snub in 2015. Remember when a lot of people - not just Jaguars fans - said he should have been selected over Calvin Johnson?

Allen Robinson has been the team's #1 WR when healthy since he was drafted. Nobody is trying to say he is a poor man's Odell Beckham, but his ability to make tricky 50-50 catches in tight coverage is unmatched on this team. Marqise Lee is terrible at it. Allen Hurns has a different skill set. It is just not the same without Robinson.

If ya had the choice of AR15 or Calvin Johnson both in prime?  How many select Ar15?  Hardly any.  So I will disagree.  No one I know said he was better then a healthy CJ.  And until AR15 can have 4 guys on him all game long and make plays consistently he is not close.
I think you need to re-read that post. He said nothing about Robinson over an "in his prime" Calvin Johnson.

Sent from my RCT6203W46 using Tapatalk
Signature goes here.

(09-21-2017, 08:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Because of our QB situation, I wouldn't resign with this team.  Take lesser money and go play with someone that can get you the ball.

We have a chicken or the egg problem here.  How much can we really gauge these WRs with the inconsistent and poor QB play we have seen.  The only reason garbage time is used to death is that is the only thing that gets BB5 settled.  Guy is tough and has taken a beaten but he doesn't play well until the game is out of reach.

EDIT:

Just thinking further, yes I can think of some games where BB5 was serviceable before the game was out of reach but it is few and far between.  Prior coaching staff, front office over drafting him, etc.  hindsight really shows we screwed up with the whole Henne will start deal that thrust him into starting.

Honestly couldn't we have come up with another way to spend to the cap then keep Henne on the roster?  Man our QB situation has been dread awful.

It's a bit of both to be honest. The QB has missed plenty of open Receivers, but even when he drops a dime and hits the Receiver straight in his chest, they have dropped it way too much.

They have a knack for making the easiest catches look hard, just like Bortles has a knack for making the easiest passes look hard.

(09-21-2017, 08:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Hopkins just got 16.2 mil annually with no other teams being able to bid. Even with the ACL tear Arob I think could command 15+ mil as a 24 year old UFA with good production and 31 other teams that can attain him. We better at least franchise him if we can't strike a long term deal.
The team has needs at QB, possibly two starting offensive linemen, and TE. This doesn't take into consideration the teams own UFA's. Is ARob really worth what Brown and Jones are getting? I wanted Vernon as much as anyone but I'm glad DC didn't go crazy for him.

(09-22-2017, 01:49 AM)wg171 Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 08:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Hopkins just got 16.2 mil annually with no other teams being able to bid. Even with the ACL tear Arob I think could command 15+ mil as a 24 year old UFA with good production and 31 other teams that can attain him. We better at least franchise him if we can't strike a long term deal.
The team has needs at QB, possibly two starting offensive linemen, and TE. This doesn't take into consideration the teams own UFA's. Is ARob really worth what Brown and Jones are getting? I wanted Vernon as much as anyone but I'm glad DC didn't go crazy for him.

What you're forgetting is that each year players are getting paid more and more because the salary cap keeps increasing. What players got paid last year, or the year before is literally useless.

It doesn't matter what you think anybody is worth. The fact of the matter is, contracts keep getting higher every season, regardless of worth or not.

(09-22-2017, 01:49 AM)wg171 Wrote: The team has needs at QB, possibly two starting offensive linemen, and TE. This doesn't take into consideration the teams own UFA's. Is ARob really worth what Brown and Jones are getting? I wanted Vernon as much as anyone but I'm glad DC didn't go crazy for him.

If we don't pay him someone will, I vote we keep our own. Dave has drafted what 3 blue chip players from his first 3 drafts? I'm happy that we locked up Linder now we need to find a way to keep Arob and Telvin or else our already abysmal drafting will only look worse. We can't keep looking to top dollar FA to fill our holes.

(09-22-2017, 02:36 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 01:49 AM)wg171 Wrote: The team has needs at QB, possibly two starting offensive linemen, and TE. This doesn't take into consideration the teams own UFA's. Is ARob really worth what Brown and Jones are getting? I wanted Vernon as much as anyone but I'm glad DC didn't go crazy for him.

If we don't pay him someone will, I vote we keep our own. Dave has drafted what 3 blue chip players from his first 3 drafts? I'm happy that we locked up Linder now we need to find a way to keep Arob and Telvin or else our already abysmal drafting will only look worse. We can't keep looking to top dollar FA to fill our holes.

Abysmal drafting? LOL!

If any GM hits on 3 blue chip players in his first 3 drafts, there's nothing abysmal about it...

That's not even mentioning the solid picks he's hit over that time, besides the blue chip players.

(09-22-2017, 02:50 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Abysmal drafting? LOL!

If any GM hits on 3 blue chip players in his first 3 drafts, there's nothing abysmal about it...

That's not even mentioning the solid picks he's hit over that time, besides the blue chip players.

Sorry but not considering all were top 5 pick drafts, and none of them were the 1st rounders. The 2013 and 2015 drafts have zero solid picks, so Marqise is the next closest thing and that's not great. After that you're looking at players like Cann/Yeldon/Colvin...yikes.

I say with complete sincerity that a blindfolded monkey throwing darts at any random draftniks "best available" list each time would have produced better results. Easily.

(09-22-2017, 03:06 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 02:50 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Abysmal drafting? LOL!

Sorry but not considering all were top 5 pick drafts, and none of them were the 1st rounders. The 2013 and 2015 drafts have zero solid picks, so Marqise is the next closest thing and that's not great. After that you're looking at players like Cann/Yeldon/Colvin...yikes.

I say with complete sincerity that a blindfolded monkey throwing darts at any random draftniks "best available" list each time would have produced better results. Easily.

and i say with complete sincerity, you're clueless.

Very convincing retort. I guess since I'm bored I'll write out my lengthy sketchwork. I'll do Dave's pick compared to who went in the next ~5-6 picks that could somewhat simulate a best available board, though obviously not perfectly. Here goes...hopefully it's not too hard to follow since I tried to use as much shorthand as possible.

2013:
Joeckel - other options Lane Johnson, Dion Jordan, Mingo, Jon Cooper, Tavon Austin. Worse monkey pick options, zero. Better monkey pick, Austin. Far better monkey picks, Johnson and Ansah. Much better odds for monkey than Dave.
Cyprien - Justin Hunter, Zach Ertz, Darius Slay, Gio Bernard, Manti T'eo. Worse pick, Hunter. Equivalent pick, T'eo. Better pick, Bernard. Far better picks, Ertz and Slay. Again much better odds for monkey than Dave.
Gratz - Larry Warford, Sio Moore, Benny Logan, Leon McFadden, Tyrann Mattieu. Worse pick, none. Far better picks, Warford and Honey Badger. Much better odds for monkey than Dave.
I'll go ahead and end it here since Dave busted every pick and the monkey likely would too. Monkey 3 - Dave 0.

2014:
Bortles - Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Justin Gilbert, Anthony Barr. Worse pick, Gilbert, Far better picks, LOL everyone else. Much better odds for the monkey.
Marqise - Kyle Van Noy, Lamarcus Joyner, Jordan Matthews, Weston Richburg, Cyrus Kouandijo. Worse picks, Van Noy and Kouandijo. Equivalent pick, Joyner. Better pick, Matthews. Far better pick, Richburg. First pick where the monkey has equal chances to be better and worse than Dave!
Arob - Jimmy G, Jarvis Landry, Justin Britt, CJ Fiedorowitz, Morgan Moses. Worse pick, CJ Fed. Equivalent picks, the rest (Jimmy G question mark). As much as I love Arob the rest are tier 2-3 at their roles too. Odds are monkey ties.
Linder - Don't need to mention anyone here. First time Dave decisively beats the monkey!
Aaron Colvin - Shaq Evans, Keith McGill, Ka'deem Carey, Martavis Bryant, Anthony Hitchens. Worse picks, Evans McGill and Carey. Better picks, Bryant and Hitchens. Odds are again for a tie.
Telvin - Same with Linder. Dave wins!
We'll cut it off here cause Dave and the monkey both miss from here out. Dave 2, tie 2, monkey 1.

2015:
Fowler - Amari Cooper, Brandon Scherff, Leonard Williams, Kevin White, Vic Beasley. Monkey wins huge again.
TJ Yeldon - Devin Smith, Preston Smith, Eddie Goldman, DGB, Devin Funchess. Worse picks, Devin Smith and DGB. Better pick, Funchess. Much better picks, Preston Smith and Goldman. Odds go to monkey by a bit.
AJ Cann - Clive Walford, Tyler Lockett, Jaelen Strong, Hroniss Grasu, Jamon Brown. Worse, none. Better, Walford and Lockett. Monkey wins but mostly just because Cann is a negative.
Sample - Jamison Crowder, Jeremy Langford, Justin Hardy, Jalston Fowler, Clayton Geathers. Worse picks, none. Much better picks, Crowder Fowler and Geathers. Monkey wins big.
We'll end here. Monkey 4, Dave 0.

Total. Monkey 8, Dave 2...and the biggest wins go to the monkey with Dave somehow missing on almost can't miss all pro studs with his top 5 pick in both 2014 and 2015.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 04:33 AM by Eric1.)

(09-22-2017, 04:09 AM)Upper Wrote: Very convincing retort. I guess since I'm bored I'll write out my lengthy sketchwork. I'll do Dave's pick compared to who went in the next ~5-6 picks that could somewhat simulate a best available board, though obviously not perfectly. Here goes...hopefully it's not too hard to follow since I tried to use as much shorthand as possible.

2013:
Joeckel - other options Lane Johnson, Dion Jordan, Mingo, Jon Cooper, Tavon Austin. Worse monkey pick options, zero. Better monkey pick, Austin. Far better monkey picks, Johnson and Ansah. Much better odds for monkey than Dave.
Cyprien - Justin Hunter, Zach Ertz, Darius Slay, Gio Bernard, Manti T'eo. Worse pick, Hunter. Equivalent pick, T'eo. Better pick, Bernard. Far better picks, Ertz and Slay. Again much better odds for monkey than Dave.
Gratz - Larry Warford, Sio Moore, Benny Logan, Leon McFadden, Tyrann Mattieu. Worse pick, none. Far better picks, Warford and Honey Badger. Much better odds for monkey than Dave.
I'll go ahead and end it here since Dave busted every pick and the monkey likely would too. Monkey 3 - Dave 0.

2014:
Bortles - Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Justin Gilbert, Anthony Barr. Worse pick, Gilbert, Far better picks, LOL everyone else. Much better odds for the monkey.
Marqise - Kyle Van Noy, Lamarcus Joyner, Jordan Matthews, Weston Richburg, Cyrus Kouandijo. Worse picks, Van Noy and Kouandijo. Equivalent pick, Joyner. Better pick, Matthews. Far better pick, Richburg. First pick where the monkey has equal chances to be better and worse than Dave!
Arob - Jimmy G, Jarvis Landry, Justin Britt, CJ Fiedorowitz, Morgan Moses. Worse pick, CJ Fed. Equivalent picks, the rest (Jimmy G question mark). As much as I love Arob the rest are tier 2-3 at their roles too. Odds are monkey ties.
Linder - Don't need to mention anyone here. First time Dave decisively beats the monkey!
Aaron Colvin - Shaq Evans, Keith McGill, Ka'deem Carey, Martavis Bryant, Anthony Hitchens. Worse picks, Evans McGill and Carey. Better picks, Bryant and Hitchens. Odds are again for a tie.
Telvin - Same with Linder. Dave wins!
We'll cut it off here cause Dave and the monkey both miss from here out. Dave 2, tie 2, monkey 1.

2015:
Fowler - Amari Cooper, Brandon Scherff, Leonard Williams, Kevin White, Vic Beasley. Monkey wins huge again.
TJ Yeldon - Devin Smith, Preston Smith, Eddie Goldman, DGB, Devin Funchess. Worse picks, Devin Smith and DGB. Better pick, Funchess. Much better picks, Preston Smith and Goldman. Odds go to monkey by a bit.
AJ Cann - Clive Walford, Tyler Lockett, Jaelen Strong, Hroniss Grasu, Jamon Brown. Worse, none. Better, Walford and Lockett. Monkey wins but mostly just because Cann is a negative.
Sample - Jamison Crowder, Jeremy Langford, Justin Hardy, Jalston Fowler, Clayton Geathers. Worse picks, none. Much better picks, Crowder Fowler and Geathers. Monkey wins big.
We'll end here. Monkey 4, Dave 0.

Total. Monkey 8, Dave 2...and the biggest wins go to the monkey with Dave somehow missing on almost can't miss all pro studs with his top 5 pick in both 2014 and 2015.

You thinking Austin was a better pick than awful Joeckel is enough for me to stop reading right there. Both of them are awful, but Austin has never had more than 500 yards in a single season as a top pick.. I'm not going to bother reading the rest of your drivel.