Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
North Korea says strike on US is 'inevitable' as Pentagon flies bombers off coast

(09-26-2017, 02:25 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 01:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't believe North Korea would've sent those missiles over our allies, if Trump wouldn't have aggravated the situation with his tweets. That little maniac does something stupid every time Trump tweets about North Korea. Trump should stop poking the bear and I believe the situation will resolve itself. Like I said, I believe Kim Jong Un is all bark and no bite. He has too much to lose if he strikes first. As crazy as he is, I don't believe he's that stupid.

They've been testing missiles for years, but Kim Jong Un picked it up in 2014. Obama practiced "strategic patience" with them for years. It wasn't until 2014 that he hinted at military force as a consequence for their continued development of nuclear weapons. Kim Jung Un went from 6 missile tests in 2013 to 19 in 2014. Do you believe Obama is to blame?

Trump had nothing to do with it. They have been threatening the US with nuclear destruction long before Trump was President. Trump just isn't the pushover that Obama was with them.

You're not understanding what i'm saying. I knew North Korea has been amping up their nuclear weapons testing for a long time, but until Trump's tweets, they've shot them into the ocean or underground. It was only after Trump decided to poke the bear, that they started blasting missles directly over our allies. Again, I doubt he has the fire power to reach the U.S. and if he does, he's not gonna use it unless we strike first. He has too much to lose. He's just flapping his gums like one of those yap yap dogs, who believe they're bigger than what they are. Threats are nothing. It's just a peeing contest. How long has Iran been threatening to blow Israel off the face of the Earth? They probably have a much more sophisticated nuclear program than North Korea and nobody takes their threats seriously.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2017, 03:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 02:25 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They've been testing missiles for years, but Kim Jong Un picked it up in 2014. Obama practiced "strategic patience" with them for years. It wasn't until 2014 that he hinted at military force as a consequence for their continued development of nuclear weapons. Kim Jung Un went from 6 missile tests in 2013 to 19 in 2014. Do you believe Obama is to blame?

Trump had nothing to do with it. They have been threatening the US with nuclear destruction long before Trump was President. Trump just isn't the pushover that Obama was with them.

You're not understanding what i'm saying. I knew North Korea has been amping up their nuclear weapons testing for a long time, but until Trump's tweets, they've shot them into the ocean or underground. It was only after Trump decided to poke the bear, that they started blasting missles directly over our allies. Again, I doubt he has the fire power to reach the U.S. and if he does, he's not gonna use it unless we strike first. He has too much to lose. He's just flapping his gums like one of those yap yap dogs, who believe they're bigger than what they are. Threats are nothing. It's just a peeing contest. How long has Iran been threatening to blow Israel off the face of the Earth? They probably have a much more sophisticated nuclear program than North Korea and nobody takes their threats seriously.

Where Nk tests and shoots their missiles are part of the natural weapons progression and has nothing to do with Trump. Come on. This is why you now hear about shooting a live one into the Pacific. That is the last piece needed to know they have a viable capability. Distance, accuracy, warhead reentry, detonation.

As far as Iran goes...they go as Nk goes. The two programs are like Siamese twins as they share technology and parts. Notice how both programs ramped up after Iran deal? Not a coincidence.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-26-2017, 03:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 02:25 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They've been testing missiles for years, but Kim Jong Un picked it up in 2014. Obama practiced "strategic patience" with them for years. It wasn't until 2014 that he hinted at military force as a consequence for their continued development of nuclear weapons. Kim Jung Un went from 6 missile tests in 2013 to 19 in 2014. Do you believe Obama is to blame?

I understand your point. 

My point was that the missile testing and nuclear weapons go together. The missile testing was about the delivery system. They've been trying to increase how far they travel for years. It was only recently that they were capable of sending them over other countries. Trump being President is only a coincidence.

You guys are freaking out over nothing. I personally don't care if North Korea has nukes. As long as they are on China's leash, they aren't gonna use them. China doesn't want them starting a war any more than we do. If they use any weapons against us, Guam, North Korea or Japan, China will have to to use force against North Korea and Kim Jong Un knows this. Lots of nations have nukes that we probably don't know about or that we know and haven't made public. It's inevitable. Someday, every major nation will have them.

(09-26-2017, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You guys are freaking out over nothing. I personally don't care if North Korea has nukes. As long as they are on China's leash, they aren't gonna use them. China doesn't want them starting a war any more than we do. If they use any weapons against us, Guam, North Korea or Japan, China will have to to use force against North Korea and Kim Jong Un knows this. Lots of nations have nukes that we probably don't know about or that we know and haven't made public. It's inevitable. Someday, every major nation will have them.

How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

(09-26-2017, 07:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You guys are freaking out over nothing. I personally don't care if North Korea has nukes. As long as they are on China's leash, they aren't gonna use them. China doesn't want them starting a war any more than we do. If they use any weapons against us, Guam, North Korea or Japan, China will have to to use force against North Korea and Kim Jong Un knows this. Lots of nations have nukes that we probably don't know about or that we know and haven't made public. It's inevitable. Someday, every major nation will have them.

How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

46, I'm old. I was born in 1971 and my dad is a Viet Nam war veteran. I've been around long enough to know that these things will eventually die down. I remember the Cold War. When I was a kid, we had drills at school where we would hide under our desk, in case of a nuclear attack by the Russians, (like that would've kept us from getting evaporated.) Then, there was a minor scare in the 90's that we'd get attacked by the 1.5 billion Communist Chinese. Finally there was 9/11, after that, we thought another massive attack via a nuclear weapon was imminent. I know there are a lot of crazy leaders in this world, (we have one of our own), but I refuse to believe anybody is crazy enough to start WW3 with nuclear weapons. Especially, when you are a rogue nation with very little resources, on a short leash of the only nation that will associate with you (China.)

(09-25-2017, 02:26 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 01:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can you imagine the repercussions if fat boy tries to shoot one of our bombers out of the sky?

I doubt there would be nuclear weapons involved on our part because of the dangerous can of worms it would open, and because we can take down Cartman Jong Un without dipping into the nuclear arsenal. Hell, I'd prefer the first shot be taken at a bomber. It's a lot easier to contain things before the enemy starts lobbing nukes at you.

Man has never made a weapon he hasn't used. I wouldn't count on NK not using a nuke, or us not responding in kind. The US has long had a policy that we aren't going to be the loser who plays fair.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-27-2017, 01:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 07:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

46, I'm old. I was born in 1971 and my dad is a Viet Nam war veteran. I've been around long enough to know that these things will eventually die down. I remember the Cold War. When I was a kid, we had drills at school where we would hide under our desk, in case of a nuclear attack by the Russians, (like that would've kept us from getting evaporated.) Then, there was a minor scare in the 90's that we'd get attacked by the 1.5 billion Communist Chinese. Finally there was 9/11, after that, we thought another massive attack via a nuclear weapon was imminent. I know there are a lot of crazy leaders in this world, (we have one of our own), but I refuse to believe anybody is crazy enough to start WW3 with nuclear weapons. Especially, when you are a rogue nation with very little resources, on a short leash of the only nation that will associate with you (China.)

The Chinese leash isn't as sturdy as you think. If China really had that tight a grip on Cartman Jong Un, the nuclear tests and missile firings would have ended already. I don't think Cartman has any illusion of winning, and frankly I don't think he cares. I think his real target is South Korea, and the ICBMs are a deterrent to the US more than anything Cartman actually intends to fire at us.

(09-27-2017, 12:23 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 01:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 46, I'm old. I was born in 1971 and my dad is a Viet Nam war veteran. I've been around long enough to know that these things will eventually die down. I remember the Cold War. When I was a kid, we had drills at school where we would hide under our desk, in case of a nuclear attack by the Russians, (like that would've kept us from getting evaporated.) Then, there was a minor scare in the 90's that we'd get attacked by the 1.5 billion Communist Chinese. Finally there was 9/11, after that, we thought another massive attack via a nuclear weapon was imminent. I know there are a lot of crazy leaders in this world, (we have one of our own), but I refuse to believe anybody is crazy enough to start WW3 with nuclear weapons. Especially, when you are a rogue nation with very little resources, on a short leash of the only nation that will associate with you (China.)

The Chinese leash isn't as sturdy as you think. If China really had that tight a grip on Cartman Jong Un, the nuclear tests and missile firings would have ended already. I don't think Cartman has any illusion of winning, and frankly I don't think he cares. I think his real target is South Korea, and the ICBMs are a deterrent to the US more than anything Cartman actually intends to fire at us.

True.

China doesn't want them behaving this way, and if China actually trusted them to do the right thing, they would be sharing most of their technology with them. China only supports them because they want to have an ally on their border.

China's relationship with Nk is strictly strategic in nature. What financial interests they do have is peanuts compared to their global trade. China has to strike a balance between being too hard or being too soft. They certainly do not want regime change the puts U.S. interests on their doorstep, nor do they want Nk refugees clogging up China's social order. Nk having a nuclear capability in such close proximity may make China more nervous than all of the above!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Millions join NK army in fight against US.

What they likely aren't telling you is that they are just trying to get fed.

(09-29-2017, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Millions join NK army in fight against US.

They way his people are starving, you're probably right
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(09-29-2017, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Millions join NK army in fight against US.

And if invading South Korea gets them fed, they'll do it. I'm not writing anything off from NK until they're de-nuked.

(09-29-2017, 10:22 AM)TJBender Wrote:

And if invading South Korea gets them fed, they'll do it. I'm not writing anything off from NK until they're de-nuked.

If they invade South Korea, the North Korean soldiers will immediately put down their weapons and defect in masses. They will see everything that South Korea has and that no one there is starving and they will realize that their "Great Leader" has been lying to them and holding them down, their entire lives.

(09-29-2017, 02:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 10:22 AM)TJBender Wrote: And if invading South Korea gets them fed, they'll do it. I'm not writing anything off from NK until they're de-nuked.

If they invade South Korea, the North Korean soldiers will immediately put down their weapons and defect in masses. They will see everything that South Korea has and that no one there is starving and they will realize that their "Great Leader" has been lying to them and holding them down, their entire lives.

This...