Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Crow thread

(09-24-2017, 03:14 PM)FBT Wrote: Just like the sun rising in the east. 

Bortles had a great game. It’ll silence the critics for a week.  It would be nice to see him do this at home.

More than one week, actually.I will enjoy the win for a while before moving on, but fully expect to see more of the Week 3 Blake Bortles in New Jersey.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2017, 03:03 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm confident that as soon as something bad happens again, bklyn and mvp will be attracted to it like leaches to blood.

So he has one good game and you expect him to be called tom Brady. He had a good game but I want to see him be more consistent before passing judgement.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017, 04:45 PM by RicoTx.)

(09-24-2017, 03:19 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 03:03 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm confident that as soon as something bad happens again, bklyn and mvp will be attracted to it like leaches to blood.

So he has one good game and you expect him to be called tom Brady. He had a good game but I want to see him be more consistent before passing judgement.

So I 'expect him to be Tom Brady'?  I'm very curious how you interpreted that.  Explains a lot.

Before passing judgement?  Good God...that's hilarious.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well he managed week 1, sucked week 2, light up week 3. Sorry, but the law of averages is in his favor so far.

Who would have thought he'd be that good against the Ravens D. All after last week's performance! It doesn't add up.

To me, the game-plan seemed a whole lot different today. Not afraid to take some chances. And the short passes did some damage too. It really baffles me because the Titans secondary isn't that good. Stick with this offensive philosophy, Hackett!

Who is comparing Blake Bortles to Tom Brady?

Ravens fans are comparing his performance today to Peyton Manning, but overall think he is the NFL's worst QB.

BB had an excellent game today.
- He made really good decisions when the play/throw he wanted wasn't there.
- He used his legs effectively when he had to.
- His accuracy today was much better than the norm.
Fantastic game from him.

(the whole team was excellent: Superb Defense,,Efficient Offense,,Excellent Play calling,,FG Kicking PERFECT for the day)

After today's game, on the year Blake has a completion percentage of 58.5%, 6 TD's, 2 INTS, and a passer rating of 92.76%. Blake paid great today. I know I said this earlier in the week, but I think that by opening up the playbook early, it really played to Blake's strength and allowed him to have success early and often. I don't know the stats, but I got the feeling we threw the ball a lot today on 1st down. I hope the play-calling doesn't regress to old habits, we need to keep mixing it up.

(09-24-2017, 05:47 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: After today's game, on the year Blake has a completion percentage of 58.5%, 6 TD's, 2 INTS, and a passer rating of 92.76%.  Blake paid great today.  I know I said this earlier in the week, but I think that by opening up the playbook early, it really played to Blake's strength and allowed him to have success early and often.  I don't know the stats, but I got the feeling we threw the ball a lot today on 1st down.  I hope the play-calling doesn't regress to old habits, we need to keep mixing it up.

20/31 for 244 yards and 4 TDs, no interceptions.

This defense goes into feeding mode when they have a lead. Todd Wash is doing a great job, IMO. They did well last week also but couldn't overcome the inept offense and penalties, plus Tennessee is a quality team, especially in the trenches.

JDub owning BKLYN.

I love it.

BB5 had plenty of time to make the proper decisions. Given time to do so, he's more than adequate to make an difference. As proven today, it takes the play of All eleven starters and substitutes to be successful. NOT Just the QB position. I am truly elated w/the team's body of work today even though 4Nette was robbed of plenty of yardage due to OL penalties.

Good game indeed.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-24-2017, 06:07 PM)Frailbones Wrote: JDub owning BKLYN.

I love it.

That's like one fat guy calling another fat guy "fat"
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I listened to the radio driving away from the game (TalkSPORT 2 broadcasts all of the Jaguars games every Sunday during the season for those of you in the UK).

The co-presenter was so reluctant to give any praise to BB5.. suggesting it was the Ravens' D capitulating that resulted in Blake having a good game. I like that, I'm ok with the bad press, if we fly under the radar and keep progressing, that's ok with me.

Come to think of it, BklynJag you don't present co-present a digital radio show in the UK in a British accent, do you? Just a thought..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I admit I didn't think we'd see this Bortles again. I hope he can consistently play like this. Only time will tell. But I gladly accept my crow. Bortles at this level is way better than kaep. I was wrong with that conclusion and jumped the gun. But until he plays consistent, I can't block my worries. Here's to hoping! But we're 2-1 for the first time in how long? Man it feels good. Smile
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

You constantly put words into people's mouths, dude. You also constantly pre-judge on numerous subjects as well. Nobody mentioned comparing BB5 to TB12 - YOU came up with that.

(09-24-2017, 05:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 05:47 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: After today's game, on the year Blake has a completion percentage of 58.5%, 6 TD's, 2 INTS, and a passer rating of 92.76%.  Blake paid great today.  I know I said this earlier in the week, but I think that by opening up the playbook early, it really played to Blake's strength and allowed him to have success early and often.  I don't know the stats, but I got the feeling we threw the ball a lot today on 1st down.  I hope the play-calling doesn't regress to old habits, we need to keep mixing it up.

20/31 for 244 yards and 4 TDs, no interceptions.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all of Bortles passes/yards/TDs did not come on first down plays.  Might want to actually read the sentence you bolded.

So far this season, Bortles has had one average game, one poor game, one excellent game. So which Bortles will we see next game? I hope that what we saw today can set a trend and we're seeing Bortles finally coming around; but keep in mind that it was just one good game. We need to see some more of this kind of positive play before we can begin to think about forgetting about the years of sub par performance.

Good job today Blake.

and good job to the giraffe; he still runs like a new born giraffe but at least today he hung onto the ball.

(09-24-2017, 01:26 PM)atburg Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 01:23 PM)BklynJag Wrote: One game, relax. I want to see consistency first.

You really have trouble admitting you were wrong. He had a great game, give credit where credit is due! If he threw 4 picks you would've started 6 threads by now. Wallbash

A game does not make him wrong. Bortles has to show what he has not in his career, consistency. When he can put several back to back games together he will gain a semblance of legitimacy. He can do it, he has the time, and the coaches are trying to help by not putting him in bad situations. We will see.

(09-24-2017, 06:53 PM)jseymour Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 01:26 PM)atburg Wrote: You really have trouble admitting you were wrong. He had a great game, give credit where credit is due! If he threw 4 picks you would've started 6 threads by now. Wallbash

A game does not make him wrong. Bortles has to show what he has not in his career, consistency. When he can put several back to back games together he will gain a semblance of legitimacy. He can do it, he has the time, and the coaches are trying to help by not putting him in bad situations. We will see.

It does if you predict a 3 interception game.