Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alejandro Villanveua

(09-25-2017, 07:07 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 06:09 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Villanueva now regrets his decision. He actually says he feels embarrassed every time he sees the picture.

Dude is being forced ton and you know it.
Is he?

Weird. They didn’t force him to back into the locker room but now they’re forcing him to speak? Got it.
Whatever works for you bud.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Couldn't he just respect the flag/anthem in the locker room? Instead he made it all about him which is why he probably regrets it now

A lot of those people who bought his jersey are probably trying to return it.

He seems like a good dude though. Supportive of his teammates and they support him.

(09-25-2017, 07:34 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Couldn't he just respect the flag/anthem in the locker room? Instead he made it all about him which is why he probably regrets it now

Why? Couldn't Kap protest a different way. Double standard.

(09-25-2017, 07:56 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 07:34 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Couldn't he just respect the flag/anthem in the locker room? Instead he made it all about him which is why he probably regrets it now

Why? Couldn't Kap protest a different way. Double standard.

Actually it's the opposite. Kap stayed with his teammates.

So, it's okay for some to stand, or kneel in this case, for what they believe in, but not okay for others to do the same just because you don't agree with it? That's not how freedom works. People need to stop being all up in their own business and realize everyone has rights. They are not less just because you don't agree with them.

(09-25-2017, 09:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, it's okay for some to stand, or kneel in this case, for what they believe in, but not okay for others to do the same just because you don't agree with it? That's not how freedom works. People need to stop being all up in their own business and realize everyone has rights. They are not less just because you don't agree with them.

Well that's how the liberal left thinks. There way is the only way and if you disagree, your racist.

So, now it's selfish for someone to stand for the anthem / flag if your team decided against it? Would it be selfish for those that kneel to continue kneeling if his team voted against it?

I don't care if they want to protest for a non-issue. I don't care what the players believe in. I just don't want to be subjected to it while watching a game. While owners like Arthur Blank (and others) show support for the protests, I wonder if they allow these protests from employees at their other businesses like Home Depot? The NFL didn't allow J. Jones to honor the fallen Dallas police officers, but they're OK with this protest? This level of hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

The Steelers players were not in the locker room. The were in the tunnel behind him.

Turning this into some patriotism war has gotten old fast.

(09-25-2017, 09:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: So, now it's selfish for someone to stand for the anthem / flag if your team decided against it? Would it be selfish for those that kneel to continue kneeling if his team voted against it?

I don't care if they want to protest for a non-issue. I don't care what the players believe in. I just don't want to be subjected to it while watching a game. While owners like Arthur Blank (and others) show support for the protests, I wonder if they allow these protests from employees at their other businesses like Home Depot? The NFL didn't allow J. Jones to honor the fallen Dallas police officers, but they're OK with this protest? This level of hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

technically their representatives voted against it when the rule about participation during the anthem went into affect in 2009.

(09-25-2017, 07:07 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 06:09 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Villanueva now regrets his decision. He actually says he feels embarrassed every time he sees the picture.

Dude is being forced ton and you know it.

It's called thinking about a decision you made and having the guts to admit you made a mistake.  

As opposed to escalating the idiocy that comes from the idiot in chief who says the players should take the protest to the police on the field.  

I bet this all stems from trump being butt hurt after not having the cash to buy the bills, coupled with his not wanting to admit he drove the USFL into the ground and the NFL owned him in Court.

Oh wait, he did win..........$3.

(09-25-2017, 09:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, it's okay for some to stand, or kneel in this case, for what they believe in, but not okay for others to do the same just because you don't agree with it? That's not how freedom works. People need to stop being all up in their own business and realize everyone has rights. They are not less just because you don't agree with them.

Exactly maybe you should tell the president

(09-25-2017, 06:49 PM)realtorpat Wrote: He did the right thing, he stood for something he believes in and has fought for.  It is pretty easy to see people are not happy with the country and are showing that by sitting out of the national anthem, it is clearly important to him.  Everyone has the right to do what they believe on this issue and this goes to show it is not a simple problem but a complicated one.  The thing is he stood for respect to his fallen comrades and those that have fallen before him, and they sit because many feel they are second class citizens and not getting the respect the country says is for all.  You can be for both actions.

This is no longer a debate to me.  All lives matter, we need reform in law enforcement, we need more opportunities for an oppressed class, we need responsibility from that same class and the law enforcement giving them issues.  We need to look within our broken communities and find a way to fix them.  We need to make the nation worthy enough for all citizens to stand and appreciate.  Its not about patriotism its about wanting a better world for all.

Admins, please give Pat 2 extra rep for me.

(09-25-2017, 09:30 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: The Steelers players were not in the locker room. The were in the tunnel behind him.

Turning this into some patriotism war has gotten old fast.

Agreed. I'm so ready to move on. This wouldn't have even been a big issue if Trump wouldn't have chimed in. He made the issue much more divisive than it was. We likely won't see what we saw this past weekend, on such a grand scale. It's time to move on and find something else to argue about.

(09-25-2017, 11:59 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Wow, I'm so proud of this guy. He did the right thing. I can't believe the slack this guy is getting, from some teammates and the media. The left is so far out there. They are all for freedom of speech until it doesn't fit there narrative. 

Mike Tomlin should be ashamed to expect a veteran who served 3 tours to not attend the National Anthem. He was the real hero yesterday.

Perhaps you should emulate him and "do the right thing" rather than encourage a Facebook boycott (which will do pretty much nothing).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-25-2017, 10:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

Exactly maybe you should tell the president

I'm talking to the people here who seem not to be able to understand it.

(09-25-2017, 03:00 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I may catch heat for this but I don't think Trump is as ignorant in this situation as most would believe. I see this a pretty strategic in that he forced the ball into the NFL's court so to speak. How long has this kneeling been going on with zero action except more and more people being divided because they may not necessarily agree with another opinion? This is now a put up or shut-up situation. The NFL has to address the issue head-on one way or another. If not, all credibility is lost. Not only that, it draws attention to what individual players are or are not doing.  In addition, this also forces sponsors to take action or get on the sideline. If anything, Trump just helped gain more traction to actually address the social issues at the cause of the kneeling, fist-raising, or sitting. Whatever your preferred silent protest method.

The only strategy involved was Trump rallying his base. He went off script, heard the cheers, saw his base express undying love and devotion and then doubled down.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-25-2017, 05:04 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Oh, the irony of protesting the anthem of a country that worked to establish independence and abolished slavery, then you stand respectfully during the anthem of a former ruling country that introduced it to the Americas. How twisted.

America endorsed slavery and used slaves from its inception.  England didn't.

England abolished slavery before America did.

Even after slavery, it was another 100 years before black Americans had equal rights.

It's literally been a single generation since African Americans were granted equal rights.  Black communities still suffer the after effects of being forced to live in poverty by oppressive policies.  The idea from many seems to be "Yeah, we enslaved you, but we also set you free.  You should be thankful and stop talking about it so much!"  It's a little bit more difficult to get over than that.

There are deep issues still at the heart of what's going on in America, and peaceful protests of millionaire athletes are now creating more dialogue about that than ever.  They have every right to protest.  Yes, exercising your freedom of speech at work carries consequences, but it's clear their employers are supportive of their actions.

I respect Villaneuva's right to do the opposite just as much as I respect the rights of all the players to protest.  That's what's so great about this country--that nobody can silence you.

I wish Tebow was still on a team. I would of liked to see what he would do.

(09-28-2017, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wish Tebow was still on a team.  I would of liked to see what he would do.

Connect on 46% of his passes and throw three interceptions.