Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags need roll back playbook vs Jets - loss acceptable

[Image: indian-man-funny-face.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Gotta love the Omahas. 1&2.

Especially with the uninitiated just clueless.
Signature goes here.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Not sure what's more funny. The post or some of the comments from those who just don't get it.

(09-26-2017, 12:55 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: As we saw on a beautiful afternoon in London on Sunday, the Jags benefited immensely from scaling back the playbook against Tennessee the previous week.  With vastly superior talent, the Jags would have rolled the Titans with the normal beautiful symphony that offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett composes, however giving our last fourteen opponents video tape of our full offense would have been a mistake (I have it on good information that opposing teams have access to all of our game tapes!)

We now face another vastly inferior opponent this week in the NY Jets.  Now, traditionalists would say the Jags should throw everything they have at the Jets surely crushing them by 4 or 5 touchdowns.  However, I contend that this is short-sighted.  I would line up in Wildcat for every offensive snap and run off tackle left and off tackle right repeatedly.  Another option would be to pull starters and get some of the hungry younger players some game experience.  A loss is acceptable in as season where there is a significant cushion between the Jags and every other AFC South opponent.  I'm not even sure the Colts will continue to field a team this year.

Its obvious that the floor is AFC Championship and we need to be smart.  If we dominate the NY Wet Paper Airplanes with a full playbook this week and lose to the Steelers, you have your answer on what happened.

I don't disagree with this at all and might take it a step further in stating that maybe we should keep our first string defense back home this week to rest up for the following week. We all know this is a meaningless non divisional game vs. the Jets which for the life of me I can't figure out why they scheduled it on this date in the first place. We've had to do lot of travel the first few weeks and this is not a sprint it's a marathon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The whoosh is strong in this thread, as in most of Omaha's.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]