Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will not support the NFL any longer

(09-27-2017, 09:58 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 05:06 PM)uthill Wrote: People are burning their NFL stuff too.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but this is an alternative for anyone considering burning clothing.

http://www.purpleheartpickup.org/
100% agree.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2017, 09:58 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 09:52 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: I hate to bring this up but this is what you are defending. This is what you are turning your tickets in for. 

Pay good attention to stanza 3. 

O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

[i]On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
[/i]
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,

In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,

’Tis the star-spangled banner—O long may it wave
[i]O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave![/i]

[i][i]And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
[/i]
[/i]
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion

A home and a Country should leave us no more?

Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
[i][i]And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
[/i]
[/i]

[i][i][i]O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
[/i]
[/i]
[/i]
Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!

Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land

Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto – “In God is our trust,”

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
[i][i][i]O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.[/i][/i][/i]

Wait, I thought the guys were taking a knee because of police brutality towards black people.  The third stanza of the national anthem that nobody knows about nor cares about and was written by a guy that owns slaves is all the sudden important now?  Nobody owns slaves, and a large portion of the world is trying to move on from it.  They want peace and for everyone to get along.  This is only brought up to bring divisiveness.  This is only brought up now because it fits the narrative.

If you believe that there is police brutality and profiling towards black people fine, but don't start bringing things up to fit the narrative after the fact.  Kaepernick and other football players are not taking a knee because of that third stanza.  That's crap.

Thats not what I'm saying. 

1. The players and owners Sunday only took a knee or locked arms because dum dum poked the bear. And no one talks about the NFL. If he would have never said those comments, everything would have remained the same. 

2. CK was kneeling because of racial injustice and police brutality. His protest is quickly being lost in all of this

The reason i posted those lyrics are because all of a sudden, people want to get butt hurt over the national anthem. We dont even sing the whole thing. We sing the "heroic" part and leave out everything else. To say you are going to burn jerseys and turn in tickets means you support this bigotry and foolishness in stanza 3.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Here is the screw job of the "protest", I rarely watch ESPN anymore because they don't care about sports. I tuned in because I missed some of the Jaguars plays due to buffering and poor internet connections. The only coverage of the game was the anthem stuff. What the heck?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-27-2017, 10:05 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 09:58 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been posted, but this is an alternative for anyone considering burning clothing.

http://www.purpleheartpickup.org/
100% agree.

Good idea.

Although I've enjoyed watching the rednecks coming close to lighting themselves on fire.

(09-27-2017, 10:07 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Here is the screw job of the "protest", I rarely watch ESPN anymore because they don't care about sports.  I tuned in because I missed some of the Jaguars plays due to buffering and poor internet connections.  The only coverage of the game was the anthem stuff.  What the heck?

I feel you. You tube give highlights of every NFL game each Sunday. The Jags games are still there. I watch the games, and then watch YouTube for the highlights.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(09-27-2017, 09:52 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 05:56 PM)jnasrall Wrote: Maybe you missed my second post, genius. Spoke with Jags office today. Anyone who brings their unused tix to Everbank or mails them in will be refunded in full.
Didn't say they didn't have the RIGHT to do it. Said I disagree. That's all.

I hate to bring this up but this is what you are defending. This is what you are turning your tickets in for. 

Pay good attention to stanza 3. 

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner, O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

What does stanza 3 have anything to do with the situation? Nice try, but you understand that stanza is referring to the individuals on the other side we were fighting to gain independence from? The country the introduced slavery to the Americas and created inequality. You know, the same country all these players stood for on their soil, after kneeling during our anthem. Talk about gobsmacked.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 10:08 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:05 AM)Frailbones Wrote: 100% agree.

Good idea.

Although I've enjoyed watching the rednecks coming close to lighting themselves on fire.

OMG .... quote of the day !!!

Have you wondered why the NFL has an issue with cops and the American Flag? NFL players have been arrested 855 times since 2000. That includes 215 DUI charges, 99 drug charges, 96 domestic violence cases and 71 assaults. It even includes two murders.

16 unarmed black men killed by cops per year. 
2400 black men killed by other black men per year.
49.6 cops are killed by criminals a year.
Anyone gonna #TakeAKnee over that?

(09-27-2017, 08:50 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Umm that's great. Bravo.

I never said I questioned it but other people do because you're extremely negative towards everything Jacksonville does. Now before you say "I just call it like I see it. The Jags have been bad." Yes. They have been very bad.

I bet he made 10 posts about the opening kickoff going out of bounds but was quiet thereafter.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(09-27-2017, 10:32 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 08:50 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Umm that's great. Bravo.

I never said I questioned it but other people do because you're extremely negative towards everything Jacksonville does. Now before you say "I just call it like I see it. The Jags have been bad." Yes. They have been very bad.

I bet he made 10 posts about the opening kickoff going out of bounds but was quiet thereafter.

Go look pin head. I'm not on the board during the games. I'm too busy watching them.

(09-27-2017, 10:06 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Thats not what I'm saying. 

1. The players and owners Sunday only took a knee or locked arms because dum dum poked the bear. And no one talks about the NFL. If he would have never said those comments, everything would have remained the same. 

2. CK was kneeling because of racial injustice and police brutality. His protest is quickly being lost in all of this

The reason i posted those lyrics are because all of a sudden, people want to get butt hurt over the national anthem. We dont even sing the whole thing. We sing the "heroic" part and leave out everything else. To say you are going to burn jerseys and turn in tickets means you support this bigotry and foolishness in stanza 3.

This.

Also what is going on is the people who are "boycotting" their NFL teams are sending dog whistles to black people by saying we have no right to protest. There are some who have intentionally changed the topic or reasoning behind Kaepernick kneeling in the first place.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Everyone should read this great article.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/to-kneel-o...le/2009819

(09-27-2017, 10:37 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:32 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: I bet he made 10 posts about the opening kickoff going out of bounds but was quiet thereafter.

Go look pin head. I'm not on the board during the games. I'm too busy watching them.

When we win you wont type, if its a blowout there is nothing to watch during the 4th qtr, so that gives you incentive to post on here while Blake piles up garbage stats right?

(09-27-2017, 10:06 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [quote pid='1034874' dateline='1506520698']

[/quote]

We don't sing the third stanza because we don't believe in the bigotry that it contains. The Flag and the National Anthem are symbols, and the significance and meaning associated with symbols evolve over time. To say that "you support this bigotry and foolishness in stanza 3" just because someone would burn jerseys and turn in tickets is akin to saying that someone hates veterans just because they kneel during the National Anthem.

(09-27-2017, 10:41 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:37 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Go look pin head. I'm not on the board during the games. I'm too busy watching them.

When we win you wont type, if its a blowout there is nothing to watch during the 4th qtr, so that gives you incentive to post on here while Blake piles up garbage stats right?

Lol, when we win I post threads praising the team. What are you talking about? Stop pushing an agenda.

Just want to say that I know many people in the military who don't think it's disrespectful toward them at all. In fact, Colin Kaepernick originally just sat for the anthem. Then a military vet asked him to kneel instead to show his protest. So what did he do? He listened, and decided to kneel instead. If people take that as a 'screw you to the military', well that's their prerogative. But Kaepernick actually took the advice of a veteran, which to me looks more like he's trying to be respectful.

People love to say they support our vets. Then we do absolutely nothing for them when it comes to actually helping them out. It's nice virtue signaling to say "STAND FOR THE FLAG OR GET OUT!", but it does nothing for the many veterans in need. If you want to help your veterans, donate to charities like Fisher House (Which has an A+ charity rating btw). Of course there's many other great charities out there that support our veterans too.

If you want to quit watching football, that's your decision. I don't really care one way or another. But if you care about the vets at all, at least try to help them out. If you get a refund on your tickets, maybe you should donate it to one of those great charities? If it's really about the veterans, then helping them out is the best thing you can do.

(09-27-2017, 11:13 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Just want to say that I know many people in the military who don't think it's disrespectful toward them at all.  In fact, Colin Kaepernick originally just sat for the anthem.  Then a military vet asked him to kneel instead to show his protest.  So what did he do?  He listened, and decided to kneel instead.  If people take that as a 'screw you to the military', well that's their prerogative.  But Kaepernick actually took the advice of a veteran, which to me looks more like he's trying to be respectful.  

People love to say they support our vets.  Then we do absolutely nothing for them when it comes to actually helping them out.  It's nice virtue signaling to say "STAND FOR THE FLAG OR GET OUT!", but it does nothing for the many veterans in need.  If you want to help your veterans, donate to charities like Fisher House (Which has an A+ charity rating btw).  Of course there's many other great charities out there that support our veterans too.

If you want to quit watching football, that's your decision.  I don't really care one way or another.  But if you care about the vets at all, at least try to help them out.  If you get a refund on your tickets, maybe you should donate it to one of those great charities?  If it's really about the veterans, then helping them out is the best thing you can do.

Excellent point. will those who are going not going to the games anymore will give their tix to veterans?

(09-27-2017, 11:13 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Just want to say that I know many people in the military who don't think it's disrespectful toward them at all. In fact, Colin Kaepernick originally just sat for the anthem. Then a military vet asked him to kneel instead to show his protest. So what did he do? He listened, and decided to kneel instead. If people take that as a 'screw you to the military', well that's their prerogative. But Kaepernick actually took the advice of a veteran, which to me looks more like he's trying to be respectful.

People love to say they support our vets. Then we do absolutely nothing for them when it comes to actually helping them out. It's nice virtue signaling to say "STAND FOR THE FLAG OR GET OUT!", but it does nothing for the many veterans in need. If you want to help your veterans, donate to charities like Fisher House (Which has an A+ charity rating btw). Of course there's many other great charities out there that support our veterans too.

If you want to quit watching football, that's your decision. I don't really care one way or another. But if you care about the vets at all, at least try to help them out. If you get a refund on your tickets, maybe you should donate it to one of those great charities? If it's really about the veterans, then helping them out is the best thing you can do.

The military is a microcosm of society and will have the same differences of opinion and viewpoints as a regular society. Having one or a few vets support the narrative doesn't eliminate the other voices of which are many. And did this vet, Nate Boyer kneel? Meh, don't matter. The issue is not a military service issue at this point.

The protest timing during the anthem is divisive and ill-timed to get the most uproar. Always has been. This was never about fixing a perceived issue. Now an entertainment corporation has stepped up and basically said we are too big to fail and we'll make more noise because of a few words they didn't like. Yet again, more noise and no solution. The big issue now is you have taken a silent protest and made your hypocrisy loud and clear. In fact, you did this on another countries soil for the international embarrassment effect. You've essentially let a multi-billion dollar corporation further divide a nation. I know quite a few long time jags fans and ticket holders that are disgusted. These same people have some clout in the area so you may see sponsorship issues as well. I know USAA (not local) and EverBank are feeling the pressure as I type this. The NFL made a poor judgment call in my opinion and it will have consequences. May not be immediately strong, but the trickle-down effect will be painful.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-26-2017, 04:04 PM)jnasrall Wrote: We have been season ticket holder since Day 1 when we were first awarded a team back in 1993. Been to very game since 1995. Never imagined we would not attend every Jags game until we died.
We will be cancelling our season tickets tomorrow. We will not allow our American anthem and flag to be disrespected and support the effort in any way. There were millions of ways the players could have voiced their unrest and asked for a forum. But they chose to spit in our face. I could never face another military veteran again if I continued to support such a farce.
Jags - We will miss you. Good luck.

Thanks for stopping by.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-27-2017, 11:13 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Just want to say that I know many people in the military who don't think it's disrespectful toward them at all.  In fact, Colin Kaepernick originally just sat for the anthem.  Then a military vet asked him to kneel instead to show his protest.  So what did he do?  He listened, and decided to kneel instead.  If people take that as a 'screw you to the military', well that's their prerogative.  But Kaepernick actually took the advice of a veteran, which to me looks more like he's trying to be respectful.  

People love to say they support our vets.  Then we do absolutely nothing for them when it comes to actually helping them out.  It's nice virtue signaling to say "STAND FOR THE FLAG OR GET OUT!", but it does nothing for the many veterans in need.  If you want to help your veterans, donate to charities like Fisher House (Which has an A+ charity rating btw).  Of course there's many other great charities out there that support our veterans too.

If you want to quit watching football, that's your decision.  I don't really care one way or another.  But if you care about the vets at all, at least try to help them out.  If you get a refund on your tickets, maybe you should donate it to one of those great charities?  If it's really about the veterans, then helping them out is the best thing you can do.

While people love to point out how little is done for the military, do people know how many things are actually done for our military?  The numbers are crazy.  So its kind of like calling out like calling out the negative that's done by NFL players, you miss the good things that are done.

By the way, over 40,000 military charities that raise over 2.5 billion dollars.  Somehow people keep saying nothing is done to help them out....