Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Notes and observations: Signs of maturity

Notes and observations: Signs of maturity

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...7e39a4921d

QB Blake Bortles on improved decision-making in the team’s recent victory over Baltimore: “That’s something that’s come along with maturing, I guess, as a football

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I see small signs of maturity from Blake in the better decisions and throw aways.

I'd like to see fewer penalties from the team overall, however. We've had too many in every game thus far. That will hurt badly in the close ones.

(09-27-2017, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see small signs of maturity from Blake in the better decisions and throw aways.

I'd like to see fewer penalties from the team overall, however.  We've had too many in every game thus far. That will hurt badly in the close ones.

i agree. We do need to cut the penalties. But in comparison to last year this is a totally different team. Some of the ones from week two were absolutely absurd.

(09-27-2017, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see small signs of maturity from Blake in the better decisions and throw aways.

I'd like to see fewer penalties from the team overall, however.  We've had too many in every game thus far. That will hurt badly in the close ones.

Very much agree with both of your points.

Blake looked pretty good last game and wasn't trying to force anything.  Part of that could be maturity and part of that could be not playing from behind.

As far as penalties, that is the biggest issue right now.  I can remember off the top of my head where Leonard Fournette had a couple of nice runs for 10+ yards that would have gone for first downs had there not been a flag for holding or something.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 01:55 AM by jrvegeeta.)

This. Good to see Bortles playing more consistently. However, the penalties have to come down. We can't expect Bortles, or any QB, to be able to constantly get us out of 1st & 20, 1st & 25, 2nd & 19, etc. It only makes Blake's job far harder than it needs to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!