Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jags still 'love' T.J. Yeldon despite healthy scratches

Jags still 'love' T.J. Yeldon despite healthy scratches

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-scratches

T.J. Yeldon has slid down the Jaguars' running back depth chart because of the way Leonard Fournette and Chris Ivory have played. But coach Doug Marrone said Jacksonville "still loves" the RB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

..as trade bait.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(09-28-2017, 10:36 AM)Kotite Wrote: ..as trade bait.

i'll would take a 7th for him, then have his sitting on the sidelines every game
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Injuries happen in this league...often. He's only a play away if Ivory, Fournette, or Grant go down.

(09-28-2017, 11:36 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

i'll would take a 7th for him, then have his sitting on the sidelines every game

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Yeldon is more valuable than a 6th or 7th rounder

He's just a guy. I love him for having to endure being on his team when we were pathetic. But I think it's evident what average RB play has gotten us. Bad pick up for a 2nd round pick. Kareem Hunt and Tarek Cohen were both 3rd rounders. Time to move on. He's worth a 7th round pick and a ham sandwich.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 05:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-28-2017, 05:34 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: He's just a guy.  I love him for having to endure being on his team when we were pathetic. But I think it's evident what average RB play has gotten us. Bad pick up for a 2nd round pick. Kareem Hunt and Tarek Cohen were both 3rd rounders.  Time to move on. He's worth a 7th round pick and a ham sandwich.

I'd settle for the ham sandwich if that's all we were offered, but it would have to be on a fresh ciabatta bun with some aged Swiss cheese and a spot of horseradish.

(09-28-2017, 03:06 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Injuries happen in this league...often.  He's only a play away if Ivory, Fournette, or Grant go down.

Bingo. Remember all those people who wanted to trade Hurns away because we were so "deep" at WR? How'd that work out?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Most of the folks writing off this young RB (who is owed very little money next season to remain a Jag) were also ready to move on from Ivory until recently. That would have been stupid.

For the life of me - I don't know what's wrong with going into camp next year with Yeldon as your #4 back. If he's beaten out of the spot in camp, fine. But "moving on" prematurely is just foolish.

(09-28-2017, 06:02 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 03:06 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Injuries happen in this league...often.  He's only a play away if Ivory, Fournette, or Grant go down.

Bingo. Remember all those people who wanted to trade Hurns away because we were so "deep" at WR? How'd that work out?

By the same token, many of those same people thought that we should have "given Brandon Allen a shot" because supposedly we had no choice.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Apparently they don't love him quite as much as Fournette, Ivory, or Grant
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Yeldon at this point is a backup and a very good one at that.

As far as a trade for him, I doubt that many teams are going to be willing to give up a draft pick for pretty much an average RB.  RB's are pretty much "a dime a dozen".

I'm not saying that he is a bad player, but the only way that a team might consider a trade is if they were desperate.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-28-2017, 08:57 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Apparently they don't love him quite as much as Fournette, Ivory, or Grant

I'm confident that it's more along the lines of, Yeldon was hurt and needed to sit and heal up.

Fournette, Ivory and Grant trio isn't broke, so why try and fix it?

Hammy injuries will linger if you don't just shut it down. This honestly couldn't be any better for the long term this season. One rolled ankle and any of them can be sidelined for at least 4 weeks.

Yeldon gets a lot of flack around here, but he's a solid all around RB and I wasn't even a fan of the pick when we drafted him.

Well somebody has to be on the cut or trading blocks, otherwise the PC GMs are unhappy

(09-28-2017, 11:36 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

You're nuts.

(09-28-2017, 03:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 11:36 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: i'll would take a 7th for him, then have his sitting on the sidelines every game

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

You're nuts.

(09-28-2017, 05:23 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Yeldon is more valuable than a 6th or 7th rounder

You get it.

To everyone wanting to dump Yeldon, let's say the team trades Yeldon away in exchange for a seventh-round pick. Fournette gets injured and misses significant time. Now we've got Chris Ivory and Corey Grant as the only running backs on the team. Does that seem like a recipe for success to you guys?

A run-heavy team like the Jaguars needs three backs who could shoulder the load at least somewhat effectively. Fournette can do so with ease. Ivory can do it, but he'd need to be spelled by Grant. Grant's come a long way, but he can't carry the load as a lead back. Yeldon has in the past and could again with some degree of competency if necessary. Hell, if Yeldon had special teams ability, I think he'd be active over Grant. If we do trade Yeldon for a seven, we're basically trading him for a guy we're going to cut in camp next year. Why not let Yeldon be the guy who either gets cut in camp next year or does enough to stick as the third or fourth back again?