Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Las Vegas Shooting

(10-05-2017, 02:27 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 02:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh? Do tell...

Well....he didn't use the term "there ought'a be a law....", right?  That's completely different from saying they should all be banned.  I mean, c'mon!  The difference is clear as day, right?

No one could be that dense, could they?

(10-05-2017, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you even insinuate this event was a "false flag" you lose all credibility.

(10-05-2017, 02:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh? Do tell...

Your point? That's two different statements. Huh Fake news!

Wow...FBT is a prophet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 05:58 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-05-2017, 12:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: There's no clear motive in this shooting. The police did not enter the room until 80 minutes after the shooting stopped. The suspect was dead when they entered. A lot of modification of the crime scene can take place in 80 minutes. Until this makes sense I think all possibilities should be considered, including false flag. That doesn't mean the prevailing story is wrong, but the prevailing story doesn't make sense without a whole lot of other information pointing to the suspect, including a plausible motive.

The shooting started at 10:05, the security guard finds the room at 10:15, the police arrived at the room at 10:17. If anyone modified the room, it would have been done before the police got there. The police didn't give up their spots at the door, so the shooter(s) couldn't leave. I don't know about the security guard, however, so I can't say if someone could have left the room within those 2 minutes but it's doubtful.

(10-05-2017, 01:06 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 12:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: There's no clear motive in this shooting. The police did not enter the room until 80 minutes after the shooting stopped. The suspect was dead when they entered. A lot of modification of the crime scene can take place in 80 minutes. Until this makes sense I think all possibilities should be considered, including false flag. That doesn't mean the prevailing story is wrong, but the prevailing story doesn't make sense without a whole lot of other information pointing to the suspect, including a plausible motive.
And yet Trump said the police were so fast......

It took 11-12 minutes. That's actually very good considering everything going on.

Y'all keep making references to this guy's actions like he was sane. Number and type of weapons and motive and such are not relevant when talking about a person deranged enough to do something like this. Stop thinking he was a rational person making rational decisions. I know it's human nature to try and figure out the 'why' of a thing, but when it comes to seriously mental folks there is no figuring it out.

Why did Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and David Berkowitz kill all those people? Why did Timothy McVeigh blow up a building? Why do any of these horrific things happen? Because these folks are mentally screwed up in ways that are not understandable to the general population of the world and to try to figure it out or make sense of it is beyond our capabilities.

(10-05-2017, 04:26 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Man, do I have you fooled. If you only knew...... Message boards are not the place to say what you own or don't own though, so I'll leave it at that. As for the suppressors, I knew they don't totally eliminate sound. I've been around guns all my life and I even field stripped and cleaned one last night while I was watching television. Silencers are like a muffler. It just reduces the noise, but is far from eliminating it. I'm just saying there are alternatives to suppressors, therefore they are not needed. 

If you even insinuate this event was a "false flag" you lose all credibility.

Fooled me? You're suggesting alternatives to buying suppressors like using a soda bottle as a "ghetto" silencer.  Actual shooters don't use them just to suppress the sound of the gunfire. In most cases, that's just an added benefit. They use them to increase the accuracy of their weapons.  Congratulations on field stripping a gun.  We're all impressed.  Still, doesn't give you any more credibility in saying suppressors should be illegal as if they're some nefarious device used for evil doing because that's the Hollywood stereotype.

LOL - My credibility?  There are several reports out there indicating the possibility of a false flag.  I didn't call it a false flag.  I simply said the potential does exist, and based on some of the affiliations that are starting to bubble up, the various reports I've seen run the gamut from a blown sting operation to a possible terrorist act involving multiple shooters.  

We're not hearing any real details from law enforcement, so there's all sorts of speculation, including the false flag discussion.  Pump the brakes and let's wait to see if we ever get the real story before you start declaring someone losing their credibility over a story we know almost nothing about because of the lid they're keeping on this.  

If you're not even remotely curious about why details haven't been released on a motive, or the connection he had through his girlfriend in the Philippines, that's fine.  You're more than welcome to keep your head buried in the sand on that one.

(10-05-2017, 03:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Whether or not he worked alone or with someone, that is a totally different thing from a "False Flag". I tend to believe he did work alone, given the fire power he had and the fact that mental issues ran in his family, but if he did have help, that wouldn't surprise me either. As for the potential of this being a "False Flag," no way.

Not necessarily.  At the end of the day, he could have ended up being nothing more than a patsy for others who intended to do the maximum amount of damage possible using him as the shell man to get them the weaponry they needed.  The guy could have been dead before the gunfire even started for all we know.  

You sure are getting yourself worked up into quite the lather over a false flag reference.

When i said there were alternatives to suppressors, I was talking about hearing protection. I only mentioned "ghetto silencers" because they've been used for years, so it's not like people haven't used silencers. There's always a way around rules. I never said I had any more credibility than anyone else on this board when it comes to guns and firearm accessories, but you have no idea what I know or what i don't much less what firearms I own and I'm certainly not gonna list what I have on some public message board. I do know enough to know that would be a stupid move. 

As far as the "False Flag" stuff, that no doubt has come from some extremists like Alex Jones or some of the "crazies" on Fox News. I don't buy it and neither should any reasonable person. There are bad people in the world who do terrible things. This is just one of those cases. Maybe he worked alone, maybe he didn't. All I care about is that EVERYONE involved, is brought to justice and that those who were injured make a full recovery.

(10-05-2017, 06:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Y'all keep making references to this guy's actions like he was sane. Number and type of weapons and motive and such are not relevant when talking about a person deranged enough to do something like this. Stop thinking he was a rational person making rational decisions. I know it's human nature to try and figure out the 'why' of a thing, but when it comes to seriously mental folks there is no figuring it out.

Why did Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and David Berkowitz kill all those people? Why did Timothy McVeigh blow up a building? Why do any of these horrific things happen? Because these folks are mentally screwed up in ways that are not understandable to the general population of the world and to try to figure it out or make sense of it is beyond our capabilities.

The motive definitely is relevant..all the little pieces of info we have are too in their own way.  

Even if could never fully understand his mind I think it's important to find out why and how it happened. People don't just do things like this on whim.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 07:17 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-05-2017, 05:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 02:27 PM)FBT Wrote: Well....he didn't use the term "there ought'a be a law....", right?  That's completely different from saying they should all be banned.  I mean, c'mon!  The difference is clear as day, right?

No one could be that dense, could they?

(10-05-2017, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you even insinuate this event was a "false flag" you lose all credibility.

Wow...FBT is a prophet.

Laughing You totally miss the irony here. Whoosh!!!!!

(10-05-2017, 06:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Y'all keep making references to this guy's actions like he was sane. Number and type of weapons and motive and such are not relevant when talking about a person deranged enough to do something like this. Stop thinking he was a rational person making rational decisions. I know it's human nature to try and figure out the 'why' of a thing, but when it comes to seriously mental folks there is no figuring it out.

Bingo! People lose their minds when they can't figure out a reason for every bad thing that happens, but sometimes we're just not meant to know. Sometimes, there is no reason that makes sense.

If someone shoots up 500 people, seemingly out of the blue, I think it's important to try find out the reason for it, even if we can't quite understand it.

(10-05-2017, 07:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:

The motive definitely is relevant..all the little pieces of info we have are too in their own way.  

Even if could never fully understand his mind I think it's important to find out why and how it happened. People don't just do things like this on whim.

They don't do it on a whim, these examples I gave took preparation and were premeditated. That doesn't mean there is no reason for it other than they're just bat [BLEEP] crazy. They can say they have a 'reason' but all the people I mentioned were just messed up people. I mean, what is a good reason/excuse to eat your victim (Jeffrey Dahmer?) None, other than he was exceptionally messed up in the head. No childhood trauma, or any other trauma is going to explain that away. 

Ted Bundy had no trauma in his background. No childhood whatever to motivate him to kill all those women. He just did it. 

Some people are just evil. There is nothing to explain it.

(10-05-2017, 07:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: If someone shoots up 500 people, seemingly out of the blue, I think it's important to try find out the reason for it, even if we can't quite understand it.

I don't disagree, however there are some folks who are just mental on a level that is above and beyond anything we can comprehend. We can ask 'why' all day long but this dude is dead so he isn't telling us anything. And to hear of it, he didn't leave anything behind to explain himself. Even his girlfriend and family are completely in the dark from what I've read.

(10-05-2017, 07:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: The motive definitely is relevant..all the little pieces of info we have are too in their own way.  

They don't do it on a whim, these examples I gave took preparation and were premeditated. That doesn't mean there is no reason for it other than they're just bat [BLEEP] crazy. They can say they have a 'reason' but all the people I mentioned were just messed up people. I mean, what is a good reason/excuse to eat your victim (Jeffrey Dahmer?) None, other than he was exceptionally messed up in the head. No childhood trauma, or any other trauma is going to explain that away. 

Ted Bundy had no trauma in his background. No childhood whatever to motivate him to kill all those women. He just did it. 

Some people are just evil. There is nothing to explain it.

Right but that's why I think the motive is relevant. Dahlmer for instance started going off the rails as a young teenager. Both Dahlmer and Bundy displayed key evidence that would indicate they were socio/psychopaths. They didn't have a key component that most humans have and that eventually led down the trail of commiting those horrible and evil acts.  
Theres no understanding the frame of mind they were in buts it's important to know the why.   

Likewise with this guy. 99.9 of humans don't ever decide to shoot 600 people. Why did this guy? What went wrong with him? When did the idea implant?  All of this is relevant after a crime such as this. I think it would be odd to just declare him crazy and say there was no reason for it other than him being mad and leave it at that.

It's ok after this round of thoughts and prayers it must be sorted for the future

McVeigh's bombing was an attack on the building housing the ATF, seeking revenge for Waco. I don't know the motives of the others you named, but they were serial killers, not mass murderers.

This attack was carefully planned, with a month or more of preparation. That implies a political, religious, or revenge motive, not just the random act of a psychopath.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Reports now suggest that he scoped out a hotel with a view of Grant Park in Chicago the weekend of Lollapalooza (which is held in Grant Park) and was researching hotels in Boston with a view of the inside of Fenway park but couldn't find one. I think this diminishes the narrative that he was specifically targeting conservatives as the other two events would have been much less likely to be comprised of a majority of conservatives. I don't think he cared what the political leanings of his victims were.

Based on what's out there right now, it's looking to me like he probably was radicalized by Islamic terrorists at some point during the past few years and probably had help either carrying out his deed or at the very least with the logistics of it.

Judging from the descriptions of his cold stoic personality, I get the impression this guy was a misanthrope. He slaughtered these people for no other reason than he hated humanity. As I stated before, this wasn't a snap, but a slow seething burn. He demonstrated an unprecedented dynamic of insanity that will be for the medical books.

(10-05-2017, 06:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Why did Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and David Berkowitz kill all those people? Why did Timothy McVeigh blow up a building? Why do any of these horrific things happen? Because these folks are mentally screwed up in ways that are not understandable to the general population of the world and to try to figure it out or make sense of it is beyond our capabilities.

Dahmer ate his victims.  He did what we do to deer.  Hunt, Kill, Freeze, Eat

We may have our first case of a general anxiety disorder paired with Millenial phobia! This dude took the "get off my lawn" mentality too far!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-05-2017, 10:15 PM)lastonealive Wrote: It's ok after this round of thoughts and prayers it must be sorted for the future

Do I even want to know what that rambling is supposed to mean?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-06-2017, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 10:15 PM)lastonealive Wrote: It's ok after this round of thoughts and prayers it must be sorted for the future

Do I even want to know what that rambling is supposed to mean?

No.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-06-2017, 12:59 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Reports now suggest that he scoped out a hotel with a view of Grant Park in Chicago the weekend of Lollapalooza (which is held in Grant Park) and was researching hotels in Boston with a view of the inside of Fenway park but couldn't find one.  I think this diminishes the narrative that he was specifically targeting conservatives as the other two events would have been much less likely to be comprised of a majority of conservatives. I don't think he cared what the political leanings of his victims were.

Based on what's out there right now, it's looking to me like he probably was radicalized by Islamic terrorists at some point during the past few years and probably had help either carrying out his deed or at the very least with the logistics of it.

What??? What proof of this do you have? If he were working for ISIS I think he would have let the whole world know. These radicalized killers are not usually shy about sharing their thoughts. Besides, Donald would have tweeted the fact in a heartbeat. Donald would be gloating about the entire ordeal.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

You guys really think that a out of shape 64 year old did all this shooting? What it takes to squeeze off rounds from a belt fed gun isn't that easy. Give me a break about it not being one. Also there was shootings at another hotel and now reports coming out of people shot facing away from Mandalay Bay. Youtube is pulling down videos that show different from what the MSM/Las Vegas cops false narrative is. Bump Stock gun...is laughable.