Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts from the Stadium

This was one of the rare opportunities as a NY resident Jags fan that I have to see them up close. Needless to say my excitement quickly faded as they lost the game the exact same way they did the last time I saw them play the Jets at Metlife. Here are some quick thoughts from seeing the game at field level.

1) Barry Church takes TERRIBLE angles. The run defense as a whole played poorly, but on each of the long TD runs and chunk plays, Church made Cyprien look like a competent SS in overpursuing the runner, misreading the flow of the play and where he needed to be to clean it up and stop the bleeding. 

2) Powell was down... From where I was sitting it looked like both Telvin AND Calais Campbell managed to brush him with their hand as he hurdled. Terrible call by the refs, still in shock it wasn't overturned. really took the air out of the team. Further the lack of discipline to make sure he's down and play through the whistle was Gus Bradley like. 

3) WR's - Allen Robinson needs to get paid, it's apparent he's our best Offensive Player. Keelan Cole is a waste of space, for how often he plays I'm astonished at his inability to get open and catch the ball, they targeted him 3 straight times on a drive which ended up stalling it, forget preseason I just don't think he's good. Hurns is exactly what I thought he'd be a reliable #2 WR, but we need ARob or someone else to take pressure off of him. and Dede Westbrook shouldve never been IR'd. Why is Benn in the game on the 4th quarter with the game on the line? "blocking?" where you hold away from the call? He's a good ST's guy but I never want to see him on Offense again. Lee ......... He is what we thought he is an athletic guy that's injury prone and spotty hands. The drop on third down, and then the botched punt (I was having deja vu of when Nick Marshall fumbled a punt in literally the exact same situation the last time they played in that stadium) Lee should never field a punt again as far as I'm concerned.

4) Coaching was abyssmal. Several times I see Fournette come out of the game... on both 3rd and 1's. and on 1st and goal from inside the 5 and Fournette doesnt touch the ball on any of the 3 attempts!?!?!?! Ivory plays wayyyyy too much. The selection of which RB is in the game is a problem. Fournette needs to play all 3 downs for this team to have a chance. Which leads me to my next point.

5) Bortles is TRASH. the decision to throw with Kony Ealy in your face was bone-headed and supremely arrogant. He missed open receivers all day and it seems with the number of batted passes that Chad Henne has taught him everything he knows. The entire QB room needs to be cleaned out, at this point im really not opposed to starting Nassib, I just don't think it can be worse than this.

6) Myers is bad too, he missed soooooo far right on his 50 yard FG attempt that I'm surprised the kick stayed in the stadium, almost botched an extra point as well. If he drills the 50 yarder, then this game never goes to overtime. DeCamillis is going to tear the entire ST's unit apart, from letting up big returns, allowing the fake punt, botching a FG, and fumbling the return in OT with the game in the balance, the only way it could have been worse was if we had a kick blocked. ST's was laughably bad today.

7) This isn't the year. we may be tied for the division lead at 2-2. But until we get an Oline and a competent QB we are going nowhere. This team just finds ways to lose. I keep hearing about this being a young team that needs to learn how to win, how do you do that if you dont put people in positions to make plays and take accountability for the things that go wrong? I'm tired of losing, and losing in demoralizing fashion nonetheless.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could come in and get this team to 7-9 easily

I think something is physically wrong with Fournette.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-02-2017, 11:13 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I think something is physically wrong with Fournette.
I agree.

Otherwise the implications are that someone on the coaching staff is a complete idiot. Wallbash Wallbash
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-02-2017, 09:53 AM)Firesky Wrote: 2) Powell was down... From where I was sitting it looked like both Telvin AND Calais Campbell managed to brush him with their hand as he hurdled. Terrible call by the refs, still in shock it wasn't overturned. really took the air out of the team. Further the lack of discipline to make sure he's down and play through the whistle was Gus Bradley like. 

Unfortunately, every replay angle indicated otherwise.

I did forget to give Credit to Nortman, in OT he pinned the Jets at the shadow of their goalline twice. Absolutely fantastic effort from him today only saving grace of the special teams on an otherwise horrid day.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-02-2017, 12:04 PM)Firesky Wrote: I did forget to give Credit to Nortman, in OT he pinned the Jets at the shadow of their goalline twice. Absolutely fantastic effort from him today only saving grace of the special teams on an otherwise horrid day.

Yep, the Marqise gave it all away

(10-02-2017, 09:53 AM)Firesky Wrote:  

3) WR's - Allen Robinson needs to get paid, it's apparent he's our best Offensive Player. Keelan Cole is a waste of space, for how often he plays I'm astonished at his inability to get open and catch the ball, they targeted him 3 straight times on a drive which ended up stalling it, forget preseason I just don't think he's good. Hurns is exactly what I thought he'd be a reliable #2 WR, but we need ARob or someone else to take pressure off of him. and Dede Westbrook shouldve never been IR'd. Why is Benn in the game on the 4th quarter with the game on the line? "blocking?" where you hold away from the call? He's a good ST's guy but I never want to see him on Offense again. Lee ......... He is what we thought he is an athletic guy that's injury prone and spotty hands. The drop on third down, and then the botched punt (I was having deja vu of when Nick Marshall fumbled a punt in literally the exact same situation the last time they played in that stadium) Lee should never field a punt again as far as I'm concerned.

5) Bortles is TRASH. the decision to throw with Kony Ealy in your face was bone-headed and supremely arrogant. He missed open receivers all day and it seems with the number of batted passes that Chad Henne has taught him everything he knows. The entire QB room needs to be cleaned out, at this point im really not opposed to starting Nassib, I just don't think it can be worse than this.

3) Pick your poison.

5) Never in favor of calling a guy trash, but inaccurate and prone to bad decisions is a terrible combo to live with.

I find the take on Church very interesting. Must be something live in person that is noticed, but from watching on tv it appears as though he is always there to make a tackle and rarely misses.

(10-02-2017, 06:26 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I find the take on Church very interesting. Must be something live in person that is noticed, but from watching on tv it appears as though he is always there to make a tackle and rarely misses.

His angle on the McGuire TD run was really bad.  Pushed the RB to his (RB's) right where no one was, had he forced him left he would have ran right into Jack.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 08:05 PM by Firesky.)

(10-02-2017, 04:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 09:53 AM)Firesky Wrote:  

3) Pick your poison.

5) Never in favor of calling a guy trash, but inaccurate and prone to bad decisions is a terrible combo to live with.

There was only 1 WR in on that play since they went with multiple TE's in a heavy set. I'll take Hurns as the 1 WR in this situation all day, He's a better blocker than both Benn and Cole in my opinion (not to mention he's a threat to actually get open and catch the ball)

I've been holding out so much hope that Blake can turn it around, at this point he's just not going to turn it around, it's a lot of unforced errors, year 4 making rookie mistakes and boneheaded plays. He's trash. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong but at this point I think he's just trash.

As far as Church, he hustles and is always there to be involved in the play dont get me wrong but it looks like he had trouble reading the offensive front and way the play was flowing. I'm not sure what exactly his assignment is as it appeared several times that they weren't communicating well defensively, a lot of uncertaintly as to who was who's assignment and this was further exacerbated with motion from the Jets offense, I noticed an uptick in the amount of players sent in motion as the game went on and it seemed to cause breakdowns defensively. Communication is something that needs to be fixed on D, too many players were yelling at each other to try and alert them that someone was their guy/someone was lining up uncovered etc. when I rewatched the game when i got home I couldnt really see this as much but it was obvious seeing it up close, it's a major point of concern tbh.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!