Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who's better
Amari Cooper
Allen Robinson
[Show Results]

Amari Cooper or Allen Robinson?

I getting the impression starting the season that the consensus was that Amari Cooper is better than Allen Robinson?  But is he? 

Our last few drafts have been compared to the Raiders.  Drafting Bortles, Lee and Robinson instead of Kalil Mack or Carr.  Drafting Fowler instead of Cooper.  

But now the Raider are struggling.  And I'm not sure how much injuries are playing into it but Cooper's done nothing so far this year.  And prior to this year it's not like he had amazing superstar stats.  Is he a top 5 guy?  Or is this a case where Carr made Cooper look good while Robinson made Blake look good?

To me it's pretty obvious how important Robinson is to this team.

With that said, who would you rather have?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tbh even before Carr went out Cooper wasn't doing well and people said that on him coming out of college that he had issues contesting catches. Also this is the first year Carr's Oline hasnt performed well. Without a solid Oline he's looked a lot more like bortles.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 08:14 PM by realtorpat.)

Not having Arob out there is making me appreciate how valuable he really is. Cooper is a bit faster and Arob has better hands, I think Arob is the better route runner. Cooper has had a qb who can get him the ball more consistently but I would rather have Arob i think.

I'll add the value of getting Arob in the second vs the first is significant.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Lightbulb 

Comparing our draft to another team's draft is illogical. Many people like to say, "We should have drafted this guy," because they don't consider what that guy - whether he would fill a need or be the BAP - showed scouts and draft analysts as a prospect. There is a lot to be said about players overachieving or underachieving after all 32 teams extensively research everything about them regardless of their positions. Let's start with the Oakland's 2014 draft because that was the year they hired Jack Del Rio. I will continue this discussion after an important SNF game, Kansas City at Houston.

All things being equal, and draft slot nonsense aside, ARob over Cooper right now.

ARob was our most reliable RZ target and Cooper was struggling even before Carr went out. And really, he hasn't ever had THAT great of a season yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-08-2017, 08:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Comparing our draft to another team's draft is illogical. 

I mostly agree with this.  But it's a common annoying thing I hear all the time on local talk radio.

(10-08-2017, 10:58 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 08:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Comparing our draft to another team's draft is illogical. 

I mostly agree with this.  But it's a common annoying thing I hear all the time on local talk radio.

Talking heads on the radio do it to like their jobs and get high salaries for it. That is why I never watch talk shows like Good Morning Football and NFL Total Access. None of the talks are about my favorite team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, unless our defense is being compared to the No Fly Zone and Legion of Boom. So when discussing who we should have wanted and selected in April 2014, we have to strictly base it on what happened between January 15 (eligibility application deadline) and the last week of April.

(10-08-2017, 08:38 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: All things being equal, and draft slot nonsense aside, ARob over Cooper right now.

ARob was our most reliable RZ target and Cooper was struggling even before Carr went out. And really, he hasn't ever had THAT great of a season yet.

That is the problem here: not all things are equal. Yes, Carr has been struggling this year (he even fell out of his brother's offensive player rankings, which is saying something). But I could clearly see on New Year's Day even with all 10 other starters healthy, if Oakland does not have #4, nothing else matters. Carr made everyone better, not just Amari Cooper. So if Allen Robinson was a Raider, you can bet his production would not have dropped one bit last season.