Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars offensive line ranked No. 18 in the league by PFF

lol, discuss.

http://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/...y-pff/amp/

Coming into the regular season, Pro Football Focus ranked the Jacksonville Jaguars’ offensive line as the No. 13 unit in the league. However, in the updated grades released a few days ago, it appears that unit has regressed as they came in at the No. 18 spot with an average offensive lineman grade of 59.2.
Quote:Even though Jacksonville‘s offensive line has allowed just two sacks – tied for the fewest in the NFL – they have surrendered 39 total pressures, including 10 quarterback hits. In fact, the 10 hits are tied for the seventh-most in the NFL and the Jaguars have a pass-blocking efficiency rating of 80.3, which is the ninth-highest in the league. With the exception of injured center Brandon Linder, the Jaguars offensive linemen have not been playing well overall as they have struggled in pass protection and run-blocking. Although the Jaguars ran the most inside zone runs with 75 through the first five weeks, they average just 1.48 yards before contact on these runs, which is only 18th in the NFL.
Linder, the leader of the Jags offensive line, isn’t having the year he had in 2016, but he’s been solid and has the only aaverage grade (73.8) within the group by PFF’s standards. As for the play at guard, I don’t think many would disagree that the play of A.J. Cann (42.5) and Patrick Omamaeh (57.9) could be better, but has been serviceable enough to help Leonard Fournette make it to the second level.
At offensive tackle, there are some who have questioned Cam Robinson’s overall grade of 40.7 — and rightfully so. So far, the rookie has held his own and, aside from giving up a sack to Brian Orakpo in Week 2, his play hasn’t really been an issue. Robinson once again received a head-scratching grade of 52 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, which most would argue was a solid game on his part. Lastly, the grade given to right tackle Jermey Parnell (66.4), seems about right, just as Cann’s and Omameh’s are.
That said, with Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers coming into town Sunday, the Jags offensive line will need to be at their best — if they aren’t, the home crowd could be in for a long game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can see why many people do not trust Pro Football Focus. For the record I never went there to look up any team's or player's rankings.

One of the first things I noticed is the site does not even know why Brandon Linder was out. He was sick, not injured. Get the facts straight, PFF.

From that description, PFF appears to be contradicting itself. Allowing only two sacks, second-fewest in the NFL, is being good in pass protection.

(10-13-2017, 02:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I can see why many people do not trust Pro Football Focus. For the record I never went there to look up any team's or player's rankings.

One of the first things I noticed is the site does not even know why Brandon Linder was out. He was sick, not injured. Get the facts straight, PFF.

From that description, PFF appears to be contradicting itself. Allowing only two sacks, second-fewest in the NFL, is being good in pass protection.

You never went there to look up stats yet you can see why people don't trust PFF?

lol ok

The Robinson grade is obviously a joke. And I don't know how you can have this OL ranked lower after 5 games than it was going into the season. PFF grades are okay for a lot of other positions but the OL grades make me laugh.

Considering many of us were expecting nothing short of a disaster for our O-Line before the season started, it definitely seems odd that they would be ranked lower now after greatly exceeding expectations so far.

(10-13-2017, 04:36 PM)scottyg Wrote: Considering many of us were expecting nothing short of a disaster for our O-Line before the season started, it definitely seems odd that they would be ranked lower now after greatly exceeding expectations so far.

I expected some moderate improvement after we fixed the LT situation, but not as much as we are seeing now.

This really just looks like a name game to me. Who is a Omahma and what is a Cann. Oh Parnell I remember him from Dallas in a few games.

181 yards is not a poor run blocking game lol

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Still about right if you ask me. We're maybe middle of the pack offensively. And if 18th is giving us less than 10 sacks on the year, some decent runs here and there and it's helped to a 3 - 2 record. I'll take it. A lot of folks like to nitpick with these results and rankings. I bet 9 times out of 10 you're really, really splitting hairs with the entire NFL by maybe a few points or half a point here and there.

Is it really a HUGE talent gap for the teams ranked outside of the top ten? I doubt it. Probably comes down to more pass attempts for the other teams and more running lanes opened up, etc. Because in fairness outside of a handful of big gains on the ground it's mostly been Fournette and Ivory making defenders miss or them breaking away from them on high effort gains instead of huge lanes.

And Bortles hasn't thrown the football NEARLY enough to merit much scrutiny and evaluation in the pass protection department.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-13-2017, 06:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: This really just looks like a name game to me. Who is a Omahma and what is a Cann. Oh Parnell I remember him from Dallas in a few games.

181 yards is not a poor run blocking game lol

Did someone else spell Omameh that way?

Cam Robinson is a name people recognize. Why aren't people talking about him being a good LT?

While there analysis of everything might be questionable, there is one thing that i think they are right on
. We had issues with the jets because there Interior Dline was strong which forces bortles to get the batted passes. I think if they dont improve from the jets game we might be in for another long game against Adonald
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]