Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another Home Loss: Post Mortem Observations

Fournette was ok after what appeared to be a majory injury.  If he misses any major time the season is over.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The season is not over until 2018 no matter what.

(10-15-2017, 07:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The scary part is that, depending how tomorrow's game goes, we could be in last place if we lose to Indy next week.

We’re not winning the division. That ship sailed

I actually like it as Post Morten... reminds me of happy times when a missed kick sent us to the playoffs for the first time. Unlike this decade of slap stick nonsense we have now.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-15-2017, 07:32 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 07:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The scary part is that, depending how tomorrow's game goes, we could be in last place if we lose to Indy next week.

Next week is an odd week.

I wonder how this all works with the bye week? Does it count as a week or not? That could have major playoff implications. 8-8 or 9-7.

(10-15-2017, 07:32 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

It is still possible.

If the defense doesn't score, we never win. Blake is God awful.

We're not a playoff team until after the draft. Blake has made sure.

We lost the last game ....... we will win the next.........Then we will lose the next. Consistently inconsistent.

(10-15-2017, 07:44 PM)jseymour Wrote:

We lost the last game ....... we will win the next.........Then we will lose the next. Consistently inconsistent.

If I was the Colts, I would shove Frank Gore at us over and over.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This pathetic team is good at one thing. Constantly letting its fans down.

(10-15-2017, 07:38 PM)BklynJag Wrote: If the defense doesn't score, we never win. Blake is God awful.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

@brentasjax The #Jaguars are 3-0 when the defense scores and 0-3 when defense doesn’t score. That says a lot. #ASJax

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 08:25 PM by MalabarJag.)

(10-15-2017, 07:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We're not a playoff team until after the draft. Blake has made sure.

Blake hasn't been the franchise QB we hoped, but you can't pin this loss on him. Two of his incompletions were blatant (and uncalled) pass interference, and even his INT was not that badly thrown and would have been incomplete had Marcedes not tipped it.

Which brings up an observation I made earlier. Passes to Marcedes (at least the ones where he has to be led) always seem to lead him too much. Is Bortles overestimating his speed, or is Marcedes slowing down one the ball is in the air?

(10-15-2017, 08:20 PM)BklynJag Wrote: @brentasjax The #Jaguars are 3-0 when the defense scores and 0-3 when defense doesn’t score. That says a lot. #ASJax

The defense scored today but the refs took it away.

(10-15-2017, 07:44 PM)jseymour Wrote:

Hopefully next week doesn't break the streak.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The reality is any time your special teams gifts the opposition 17 points you are going to find it very difficult to win.

This team is designed to make Bortles have to do as little as possible. He's just not good enough to start in the NFL and it shows. I don't blame him for this L but he's certainly a big part of the problem.

Defense played well I thought. Still gets gashed in the run game but honestly I'm not that worried about that all things considered.

We should have signed/drafted a QB during the offseason but this isn't news. Watson is playing historically well for a rookie and would have us 5-1.

Even still the season isn't over. Just hope we can get to .500 and sort out our QB issue during the offseason. I don't feel confident in this staffs ability to correctly evaluate QBs though.

(10-15-2017, 08:20 PM)BklynJag Wrote: @brentasjax The #Jaguars are 3-0 when the defense scores and 0-3 when defense doesn’t score. That says a lot. #ASJax

He should check his stats. We scored on defense against the Jets and still lost. So 2-1

(10-15-2017, 08:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 07:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We're not a playoff team until after the draft. Blake has made sure.

Blake hasn't been the franchise QB we hoped, but you can't pin this loss on him. Two of his incompletions were blatant (and uncalled) pass interference, and even his INT was not that badly thrown and would have been incomplete had Marcedes not tipped it.

Which brings up an observation I made earlier. Passes to Marcedes (at least the ones where he has to be led) always seem to lead him too much. Is Bortles overestimating his speed, or is Marcedes slowing down one the ball is in the air?

On this pass in particular, it looked like Bortles had to step up and throw the pass a little early under pressure. The timing was off and Lewis turned his head late. He kind of made a late reach for the pass. This was on Bortles, Lewis, and the offensive line.

Well on the plus side, Fournette was apparently cleared to come back into the game after his ankle. And he's just 26 yards away from the league lead in rushing yards after today's games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-15-2017, 08:51 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well on the plus side, Fournette was apparently cleared to come back into the game after his ankle. And he's just 26 yards away from the league lead in rushing yards after today's games.

And it will all be for naught. We’re wasting a stellar rookie season.

(10-15-2017, 08:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:51 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well on the plus side, Fournette was apparently cleared to come back into the game after his ankle. And he's just 26 yards away from the league lead in rushing yards after today's games.

And it will all be for naught. We’re wasting a stellar rookie season.

Sure it sucks. But it's not like this will be his only good season.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS