Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers out, Josh Lambo in...

(10-17-2017, 08:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Well I know someone who saw Jake Elliott being extremely good from a mile away.

How did you know he was extremely good before the Eagles?

Because he had a very good college career, was very impressive according to all of the Bengals media during practices, and then was also very solid in the preseason games. Bullock was also great in their offseason battle, though. I started a thread on reddit saying the loser of the Bengals very impressive kicker battle should be a no brainer pick up for us. Turns out that was true.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It shows on the roster he will wear #2 like myers did lol

At this point I'm willing to go along with a change, in the hopes for something better....Myers needed to go at some point. Inconsistency is a kicker's worst enemy, not power

Combine the misses and the nasty response he issued after the game. He had to go. Dudes temperament and confidence were shot.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-18-2017, 09:53 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Combine the misses and the nasty response he issued after the game. He had to go. Dudes temperament and confidence were shot.

Do tell
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-18-2017, 02:25 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 09:53 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Combine the misses and the nasty response he issued after the game. He had to go. Dudes temperament and confidence were shot.

Do tell

Apparently he was asked about his misses and he said something to the effect of 
"it feels [BLEEP] great, [BLEEP] great man"

(10-18-2017, 02:27 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 02:25 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Do tell

Apparently he was asked about his misses and he said something to the effect of 

Meh, covering frustration/sadness with sarcasm and anger is pretty common. I'd probably say something very similar in that situation.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

LOL yikes..hadn't seen that.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-18-2017, 02:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 02:27 PM)Kane Wrote: Apparently he was asked about his misses and he said something to the effect of 

Meh, covering frustration/sadness with sarcasm and anger is pretty common. I'd probably say something very similar in that situation.

Sure.... if I had to deal with media asking stupid questions just so they had something to write about I'd probably have sarcasm and anger in my responses...
then again.... you're a professional football player... better learn how to get real PC/coach speaky with your words.
I'm sure what he allegedly said wasn't THE reason for the ax. But they probably were like... "oi, this kid, we just gotta move on"

(10-18-2017, 02:40 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: LOL yikes..hadn't seen that.
Again... I'm not sure if he actually said it. But I'm not sure why Mark Long of the AP would tweet it out if he didn't say it.

[Image: 8jgQETBR_bigger.jpg] Mark Long‏Verified account @APMarkLong

Jaguars PK Jason Myers on his misses: "It feels great, dude. It's [BLEEP] awesome, man."
5:06 PM - 15 Oct 2017
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I can't believe that comment was about his misses. Kickers don't want to miss anything.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 05:13 PM by TearExtractor.)

Why would he say "BLEEP"? What does this word mean?

(10-18-2017, 05:13 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Why would he say "BLEEP"? What does this word mean?

If you think about it, the censored word is obvious.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM by TearExtractor.)

(10-18-2017, 05:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 05:13 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Why would he say "BLEEP"? What does this word mean?

If you think about it, the censored word is obvious.

I think the word bleep is a football term Myers is using here, that's why we dont know what means.

One difference is the new kicker is younger and played in a Big Time College program ( Texas A&M) where Myers played at Marist which competes with JU and graduated a couple of years earlier even though he made the NFL the same year as Lambo because Myers kicked in Arena for a couple of years.. No idea if he has the kickoff leg Myers has though that didn't help much on Sunday on the opening kickoff did it??

(10-18-2017, 05:49 PM)Doug-H Wrote: One difference is the new kicker is younger and played in a Big Time College program (Texas A&M)  where Myers played at Marist which competes with JU and graduated a couple of years earlier even though he made the NFL the same year as  Lambo because Myers kicked in Arena for a couple of years. No idea if he has the kickoff leg Myers has though that didn't help much on Sunday on the opening kickoff did it?

Leg strength had nothing to do with our coverage guys failing to stop the return man. Directional kicking is a coaching issue and very tricky when the ball must stay in bounds. We're going to find out soon if Josh Lambo is a better directional kicker or even needs to use that strategy.

(10-17-2017, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: “None the less, it’s an honor to leave with a higher field goal percentage than some past Jaguar great kickers” -Jason Myers

Hayden Epstein was great?

(10-18-2017, 06:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: “None the less, it’s an honor to leave with a higher field goal percentage than some past Jaguar great kickers” -Jason Myers

Hayden Epstein was great?

Seth Marler.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-18-2017, 09:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 06:24 PM)TJBender Wrote: Hayden Epstein was great?

Seth Marler.

And who could forget the immortal Richie Cunningham?

His last name is cooler so we're already ahead with the change.

I don't see the big issue with what Myers said in response. It looks obviously sarcastic (I understand it doesn't for you JW) to me but I guess a poor choice of words and his confidence was 100% gone.