Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is broken with the run defense?

Good thing you face the colts this week who wont stick to what works. Against the titans Mack got two carries the whole game and his first was for 20 plus yards. Then even when gore gets through he gets chased down because he is slow

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 10:14 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-19-2017, 08:41 PM)Jag Wrote: Good thing you face the colts this week who wont stick to what works. Against the Titans Mack got two carries the whole game and his first was for 20 plus yards. Then even when gore gets through he gets chased down because he is slow.

I expected Mack to get more carries. Didn't Pagano say he likes Mack a couple weeks ago?

"If it's not broke, don't fix it." I believe that 100% because when coaches make unnecessary changes, the team looks bad.

Eh, this is a passing league and the Jags decision to go with speed over bulk this offseason is paying off big time. The D-line is getting after the QB, the LBers are the fastest group we've ever had, and this is the best secondary we've ever had.

Take out a few freak plays and the run stat numbers aren't that bad.

No its not the best secondary we've ever had. Not yet.

Carnell Lake, Deion Figures, Donivan Darius, Aaron Beasley was pretty stout.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 11:56 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-20-2017, 10:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No its not the best secondary we've ever had. Not yet.

Those guys were never elite or compared to the NFL's best secondary.

They were elite to me. And I compared them to the NFLs best secondary.

So I guess you're dead wrong again.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 12:19 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-21-2017, 01:46 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They were elite to me. And I compared them to the NFLs best secondary.

So I guess you're dead wrong again.

Shouldn't it be obvious to you by now I go by the national media? Opinions from regular Jaguars fans are not always accurate because they don't watch all 32 teams.

I don't keep up with you.

(10-21-2017, 02:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don't keep up with you.

That explains why you don't accent the truth when I am right about things.

(10-20-2017, 10:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No its not the best secondary we've ever had. Not yet.

Darius was a great hitter/punisher. He would get beat big from time to time. But he def layed the wood down. 

Aside from that we def have the strongest secondary we have ever had right now. Our run defense has got to get better. I think they need to designate an RB spy. Or the linemen need to get better at getting off blocks.

You clearly don't football.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-21-2017, 03:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

You clearly don't football.

You can say that about a lot of posters on this forum.

(10-21-2017, 03:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 02:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don't keep up with you.

That explains why you don't accent the truth when I am right about things.

Let’s not go all crazy talk and pretend you’re not wrong on here...just like everyone else.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-21-2017, 04:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 03:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You clearly don't football.

You can say that about a lot of posters on this forum.

You need to include yourself (at times) when you say that.  Though you are very knowledgeable about the NFL, there have been times that you have been wrong.

That being said, let's keep this thread on topic and that goes for everyone.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM by Jagwired.)

I do not think there is that big of a problem. Outside of a few big runs they haven't done that poor. They have faced down some damn good backs as well. Malik's groin injury might be the biggest issue they are facing as a unit.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-21-2017, 06:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I do not think there is that big of a problem. Outside of a few big runs they haven't done that poor. They have faced down some damn good backs as well. Malik's groin injury might be the biggest issue they are facing as a unit.

So let's take out the big runs. How many yards and scores do we have left?

(10-19-2017, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 10:41 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: When Jackson arrived, Marks was promptly demoted. Caldwell was obviously looking for an upgraded pass rush at that position.

I think Marks in his prime was better than Jackson as a pass rusher too

Marks when actually healthy was a better pass rusher for the Jaguars, although Jackson over his carreer has been far more consistent. I'll take 5 to 6 sacks from Jackson every year vs one 8 or 9 sack season from Marks. 
'02

Maybe I haven't looked into like some of you, but I think it just comes down to tackling.

Wrapping up would have stopped the kick off return at the 18. Shoulder-hitting helped push Everett into the endzone from the 2 yard line.

Mix in a little bit of bad angles and over-pursuing and you have the Jags' rush defense, but I think wrapping up would stop most of these problems.

(10-21-2017, 07:56 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Maybe I haven't looked into like some of you, but I think it just comes down to tackling.

Wrapping up would have stopped the kick off return at the 18. Shoulder-hitting helped push Everett into the endzone from the 2 yard line.

Mix in a little bit of bad angles and over-pursuing and you have the Jags' rush defense, but I think wrapping up would stop most of these problems.

That is a coaching issue.