Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2017 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 7

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 03:01 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!  Smile  Philadelphia Phillies TV play-by-play broadcaster Tom McCarthy, Former Jaguars and NFL QB Steve Beuerlein, and for Buffalo Bills WR Steve Tasker, are announcing the Jaguars @ Colts Road game in Indianapolis, for The NFL On CBS this Sunday, and locally on WJAX CBS Channel 47 in Jacksonville.  Wink Smile Cool  http://www.506sports.com/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is a typo in the website address so I had to Google it.

Now I know Tasker and Beurlein are still working together.

As expected, it is only available in local markets and Houston.

Unfortunately, Pensacola gets dealt the ALL NFC on CBS game Carolina and Chicago.
Ridiculous how much money I have to spend as an out of market fan.
Redzone, Sunday ticket, and the bar....

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 03:33 PM by knarnn.)

(10-18-2017, 03:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There is a typo in the website address so I had to Google it.

Banana
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 03:39 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-18-2017, 03:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Unfortunately, Pensacola gets dealt the ALL NFC on CBS game Carolina and Chicago.

Why is CBS allowed to show NFC games? That is Fox's job.

(10-18-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 03:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Unfortunately, Pensacola gets dealt the ALL NFC on CBS game Carolina and Chicago.

Why is CBS allowed to show NFC games? That is Fox's job.

Stupid NFL

in 2014 they started cross-flexing.

Also new this year is cross-flexing, which the league can do any week of the season.
This process involves CBS and Fox and will result in AFC games that previously could have been seen only on CBS now appearing on Fox, and vice versa.

"Basically, the NFL has the option of taking up to seven NFC games, which heretofore would have only been on Fox, and seven AFC games and basically putting them on the mirror network," McManus explained.

"So, a Washington-Philadelphia game up until this year would always be on Fox or in prime time [on NBC] — it couldn't be on CBS. But there are now three games on the CBS schedule that are basically Fox games that before this year would only be on Fox. There will probably be three or four at the beginning of the season, and then … up to three or four later in the season."
The idea is putting the best matchups before the largest potential audiences. For example, a 1 p.m. game that is one of several Fox regional telecasts could be moved to the 4:15 p.m. national time slot on CBS.

"What happens is that Fox will have a game — and Washington-Philly is probably a good example — that is only going to 12 or 15 percent of the country," McManus said. "But by moving it to CBS, that percentage might jump up to 60 or 70 percent. So, it's an opportunity for the NFL to use their inventory in a more intelligent way."

excerpt from
http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainmen...story.html

I knew about the kickoff time flex scheduling, but that previously began later in the season. Doing it in Week 7 seems weird.

(10-18-2017, 03:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There is a typo in the website address so I had to Google it.

No way you Googled it.

(10-18-2017, 04:30 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

No way you Googled it.

I had to because Amelia typed a space that prevented the website address from being a link.

(10-18-2017, 03:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I knew about the kickoff time flex scheduling, but that previously began later in the season. Doing it in Week 7 seems weird.

It's not FLEX Time yet... just changing the networks that would normally cover a game..

(10-18-2017, 05:52 PM)Doug-H Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 03:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I knew about the kickoff time flex scheduling, but that previously began later in the season. Doing it in Week 7 seems weird.

It's not FLEX Time yet... just changing the networks that would normally cover a game..

I thought flexing channels and times started the same week.

And even then we have the yearly, London game as a stream only.  Ugh I had latency and crude the whole game.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.