Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles 5th Year Option

Quote:Its on Rich Eisens twitter.

To the point, it shows locker room is not 100 percent behind Bortles.
Maybe he liked it so he can come back to it at the end of the season when Bortles blows it up... no ok nevermind.

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not quite. All they said was they don't think he's the best player on the team so he shouldn't be the highest paid.
That makes since. I`m sure he thinks its him, which is true.

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:That makes since. I`m sure he thinks its him, which is true.

Ramsey ? Yeah I believe it is him, Malik, and Linder.

Quote:Not quite. All they said was they don't think he's the best player on the team so he shouldn't be the highest paid.

Really? Dont forget bashing him for 3 road wins. It was also the way hr was talking about him......like out of disgust.

I don't get why people are bashing the option pick up. It doesn't change the outcome for next year at all.

1. He plays terrible, cut him and pay nothing.

2. He's below expectations but not terrible. Draft a QB and either pay him to transition for the year, cut him and sign a journeyman QB, or just start the rookie.

3. He's average. Same as #2 or give him the option year to prove it.

4. He exceeds expectations. You get him for an extra year to prove himself again then either tag him or work out a long term deal.

5. He suffers a serious injury too early to determine what you want to do. Chances are we're stuck with Henne or Allen and have a below average record and have the opportunity to take one of the top QBs. In this scenario your stuck paying the option, but at least you have him to compete with the rookie or play him till the rookies ready.

6. He suffers a serious injury late. By this time we should know if he's improving or not.

Only time this isn't 100% in the jags favor is if he's terrible and he gets a serious injury late and we're forced to pay him next year. But then we're probably 2-8 in that case and gonna be drafting high. Also, with the cap increase next year, we can still spend in FA and absorb Blakes cap hit for one year.

Also, best case scenario it frees up the tag for another player if everything goes well.

I'm all for picking up his option. He gets at least one season in the Coughlin regime and if he can't hack it, should be a nice deep QB pool in next years draft.

Not a lot of QB's in this past draft really impressed me to the point of wanting him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:...you're likely over exaggerating the difference in free cap space between the tag and the option.  The 2017 franchise tag for QB's is $21,268,000.  We won't know what the number for 2018 will be until next year because they apparently work the team's salary cap into the calculation.

The numbers go up as the overall league salary cap goes up. I'm following you here, but let's look at this number a little closer. You can try to go back and look at the differences year to year to see if you can get a more accurate number, but it's been my experience that there's about a 10 percent increase in the numbers each year. I think last year it was a little less, but it's normally a little more. Multiply 21.27M by 1.1 and you get $23.4 mil. It's surely going to be something different, but I think this gets us close, and I'm convinced it will be at least $23 mil.

'02

This is our QB;

""Yeah that's money I'll probably never see. That's for like 2018" - Blake Bortles in regards to his 5th year option"

Did he just admit he is terrible?

Quote:This is our QB;

""Yeah that's money I'll probably never see. That's for like 2018" - Blake Bortles in regards to his 5th year option"

Did he really say that? Where did you hear this?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:This is our QB;

If you're gonna post a quote you better have a source. Otherwise, you're just making crap up.

Quote:If you're gonna post a quote you better have a source. Otherwise, you're just making crap up.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/5/5/15557308/bortles-on-5th-year-option-thats-money-ill-probably-never-see'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/5/5/15557308/bortles-on-5th-year-option-thats-money-ill-probably-never-see</a>

At this point, I'm so over Blake. He's trash and knows it. I'd rather Allen have the starting gig.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM by JAXsonVIL.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://podcastone.com/pardon-my-take'>https://podcastone.com/pardon-my-take</a>

It's in the latest episode of this podcast. Seemed like he was just making fun of himself. I don't see a big issue here.

Edit: It's around the 29min mark.

Quote:At this point, I'm so over Blake. He's trash and knows it. I'd rather Allen have the starting gig.

But he's your breakout player this year, right Maximus ???

Quote:But he's your breakout player this year, right Maximus ???

It was sarcasm.

Quote:It was sarcasm.

So was him saying what he said on that podcast but I guess he's not entitled to speak in jest.

Quote:At this point, I'm so over Blake. He's trash and knows it. I'd rather Allen have the starting gig.

How about the part where it says it was in jest?

You know what jest means...right, Eeyore?