Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My impressions

Ok ok, I know Bullseye does one of these, and I don't want to tread on any toes.. but I wanted to put my thoughts across regarding the game too:
  • Josh Wells - called upon early and was excellent.
  • TJ Yeldon – best performance I’ve seen from him in a Jaguars jersey.
  • Marqise Lee – some good runs and catches, looked like the player we need him to be.
  • Chris Ivory – ran the ball well, only had some short gains but played well and scored a TD.
  • Josh Lambo – Cool, calm and collected in his new team, 9 big points (didn’t realise he’s a former goalkeeper for FC Dallas & USMNT youth teams).
  • Blake Bortles – very good performance, some nice throws, movement and game management. Just what you want from your QB1.
  • Allen Hurns – his best performance this season. Some nice routes and catches.
  • Calais Campbell – what can you say? An excellent game yet again, for me; he’s the best acquisition of Free Agency this year.
  • Jalen Ramsey – Another solid performance from our boy.
  • AJ Bouye – as above.
  • Telvin Smith – really is turning heads with his performances.
  • Myles Jack – or is that ‘Myles Sack’? Great performance from him. He’s been hit and miss at times but this game in particular was a very good performance.

I can’t name everyone who had a good game (there are too many), but these were the players I focussed on most. It’s refreshing to see that our offence can perform without Leonard Fournette albeit against a horrible Colts defence, but still, you still need to score the points which our Jaguars did. The shutout was especially nice. I’ve seen a lot of people post about Blake’s pass to Keelan Cole and say it was a bad throw, personally I think it was a nice play. Excellent performance to go in 4-3 for a well-earned bye week. I hope Cam Robinson is ok.. I repeat: I hope Cam Robinson is ok!!

I'm excited to see what the second half of the season brings with a lot of players to come back into the fold.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Isn't it about every year, some team gets hot late in the season and makes some noise in the playoffs? It sure looks like we have enough of a team that it could happen to us.

My impression is, this was a game where we didn't really see much of our all-world cornerbacks. They just weren't called on much. Either the Colts were staying away on purpose, or they were covering really well, or both. On some of the sacks, Brissett held the ball for a long time, so probably he just wasn't finding anyone open anywhere. So the defensive linemen just kept hustling, and the sacks kept coming.

Sheldon Day made two really nice plays I can think of, one was a sack, and the other was on 4th and 2 on our 7 yard line where he shifted over at the last second and stuffed the QB sneak. The announcers did a nice analysis of it. Brissett noticed the gap over the center, walked up behind the center to tap him on the butt and do the sneak, and at the last second, before the snap, Day shifted over the close the gap, and the play got stuffed. Real nice play.

I've gotten to where I feel really confident when we play on the road.

(10-23-2017, 04:07 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Ok ok, I know Bullseye does one of these, and I don't want to tread on any toes.. but I wanted to put my thoughts across regarding the game too:
  • Marqise Lee – some good runs and catches, looked like the player we need him to be.
  • Chris Ivory – ran the ball well, only had some short gains but played well and scored a TD.
  • Josh Lambo – Cool, calm and collected in his new team, 9 big points (didn’t realise he’s a former goalkeeper for FC Dallas & USMNT youth teams).
  • Blake Bortles – very good performance, some nice throws, movement and game management. Just what you want from your QB1.
  • Calais Campbell – what can you say? An excellent game yet again, for me; he’s the best acquisition of Free Agency this year.
  • AJ Bouye – as above.
  • Myles Jack – or is that ‘Myles Sack’? Great performance from him. He’s been hit and miss at times but this game in particular was a very good performance.

I can’t name everyone who had a good game (there are too many), but these were the players I focussed on most. It’s refreshing to see that our offence can perform without Leonard Fournette albeit against a horrible Colts defence, but still, you still need to score the points which our Jaguars did. The shutout was especially nice. I’ve seen a lot of people post about Blake’s pass to Keelan Cole and say it was a bad throw, personally I think it was a nice play. Excellent performance to go in 4-3 for a well-earned bye week. I hope Cam Robinson is ok.. I repeat: I hope Cam Robinson is ok!!

I'm excited to see what the second half of the season brings with a lot of players to come back into the fold.
I do not have "Impressions" trademarked, nor do I have a monopoly on this board or on football opinions. 

By all means, post away.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-23-2017, 06:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:07 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Ok ok, I know Bullseye does one of these, and I don't want to tread on any toes.. but I wanted to put my thoughts across regarding the game too:
  • AJ Bouye – as above.

I do not have "Impressions" trademarked, nor do I have a monopoly on this board or on football opinions. 

By all means, post away.

I just hope I stressed my concern for Cam Robinson enough for you..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 06:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Agree on the Bortles pass to Cole. Although the pass looked underthrown, I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not because if he threw it any further the safety was over the top to break it up or go for the pick. Even though he had to slow down it was perfect placement between the 2 defenders.

My impression is that the clots are fielding a JV squad and the Jags are a middling .500 type team this year. Losing ARob and the weak Special Teams cost them games they could've won this season. This isn't criticism, I'm glad to see this team make such big strides up from the dregs list last season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm far from disappointed. But in all honesty, this is what they should've done to a bad team. It's a welcome change.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-23-2017, 07:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My impression is that the clots are fielding a JV squad and the Jags are a middling .500 type team this year. Losing ARob and the weak Special Teams cost them games they could've won this season. This isn't criticism, I'm glad to see this team make such big strides up from the dregs list last season.

I said during the game that although a performance like that was fun to watch, it felt like a grown man picking on a little kid. The Houston and Baltimore blow outs were far more fun because they were competitive teams. I'm not taking anything away from the team because they are clearly better this year and the defense deserves to be called elite but this game alone shouldn't have fans thinking that all of a sudden BB5 gets it. We will see the next two games. Maybe it's just what he needed to gain some confidence.

(10-23-2017, 08:12 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I said during the game that although a performance like that was fun to watch, it felt like a grown man picking on a little kid. The Houston and Baltimore blow outs were far more fun because they were competitive teams. I'm not taking anything away from the team because they are clearly better this year and the defense deserves to be called elite but this game alone shouldn't have fans thinking that all of a sudden BB5 gets it. We will see the next two games. Maybe it's just what he needed to gain some confidence.

The Ravens are not competitive this year. Blowing them out in London meant a lot toward gaining more respect because of how dominant we were and the point differential.

The Jaguars already had confidence. They needed more of it because Brandon Linder and Leonard Fournette were out and after the first snap, so was Cam Robinson. The Colts were OK at times (they did force and recover a fumble and got in the red zone or FG range on some drives), but clearly lacked the ability to compete against a good defense.