Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sheldon Day Appreciation

I'd like to give out a few compliments to Sheldon Day and the backup defensive line.   Among other great plays, those backup D-linemen stuffed two fourth and short plays. 

One play in particular stands out to me: on the 4th and 2 at our 7 yard line, Brissett noticed a gap in the defensive line over the center, so he moved up behind the center to do the QB sneak, but at the last second, prior to the snap, Day shifted over to his right and plugged the gap, and Brissett got stuffed.  That was a real smart move.  

The other play, I remember the Colts were moving from right to left on the TV, and they were closer to midfield, and they called a running play on 4th and 1, and lost a yard.  I remember at the time, noticing that the backup defensive line was in there except for one starter, I don't remember which one.  And who the heck is Anjou?  He had a good game, too.  

But again, Sheldon Day seems to be playing very well for us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-23-2017, 05:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'd like to give out a few compliments to Sheldon Day and the backup defensive line.   Among other great plays, those backup D-linemen  stuffed two fourth and short plays. 

One play in particular stands out to me: on the 4th and 2 at our 7 yard line, Brissett noticed a gap in the defensive line over the center, so he moved up behind the center to do the QB sneak, but at the last second, prior to the snap, Day shifted over to his right and plugged the gap, and Brissett got stuffed.  That was a real smart move.  

The other play, I remember the Colts were moving from right to left on the TV, and they were closer to midfield, and they called a running play on 4th and 1, and lost a yard.  I remember at the time, noticing that the backup defensive line was in there except for one starter, I don't remember which one.  And who the heck is Anjou?  He had a good game, too.  

But again, Sheldon Day seems to be playing very well for us.

Anjou was a guy they signed off the Texans practice squad.

I agree with you on Sheldon Day.  He provides good pass rush pressure, and his move inside on that Grissett audible was brilliant.  When have the Jaguars made plays like that??!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I bet if Day got some more reps with the first team defense he can produce good stats

Yeah when the commentators showed the replay of what happened on that play, I was impressed. It's been a while since it looked like we actually prepared for an opponent and studied their tendencies. There's been several times this year that you could just see the coaching difference.

Yeah big time shot out to the entire defensive line unit. They have really studied tendencies and gave great effort. Day is probably a starter on 10 other teams in the NFL.

Man we are so deep on dline.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-23-2017, 02:41 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Yeah when the commentators showed the replay of what happened on that play, I was impressed. It's been a while since it looked like we actually prepared for an opponent and studied their tendencies. There's been several times this year that you could just see the coaching difference.

That was a great analysis. I loved hearing a color analyst talk about Sheldon Day recognizing the gap instead of Jacoby Brissett running too slow or not making a hole. It was a smart move by Day and shows he has good football intelligence.