Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
6'6" Mercedes Lewis TD over the 5'11" Colts DB

Does anyone know how the M. Lewis TD evolved?  The 7" height differentiation was executed perfectly.  However, I'm curious of the following whether this was a play call from the OC or an audible (i.e. who recognized this obvious mismatch) ??  

This reminded me of Brady and the Patriots who seem to game plan obvious mismatches against their opponents.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was a called play. Lewis has been a surprise this year. Shame on you if you wanted Howard over Fournette.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 03:49 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-23-2017, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It was a called play. Lewis has been a surprise this year. Shame on you if you wanted Howard over Fournette.

I just wanted a guy named OJ on the team so we could say The Juice is Loose !!!

Also, OJ Howard had 98 yards and 2 TDs yesterday while Fournette was out once again with reoccurring injuries (aka fragile lenny) that date back to college so the final chapter of the book is far from being written.  I hope to God that I'm wrong !!!

(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Does anyone know how the M. Lewis TD evolved?  The 7" height differentiation was executed perfectly.  However, I'm curious of the following whether this was a play call from the OC or an audible (i.e. who recognized this obvious mismatch) ??  

This reminded me of Brady and the Patriots who seem to game plan obvious mismatches against their opponents.

It was a called play.  I don't know if you saw the game, but he lined up wide.

(10-23-2017, 03:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It was a called play. Lewis has been a surprise this year. Shame on you if you wanted Howard over Fournette.

Also, OJ Howard had 98 yards and 2 TDs yesterday while Fournette was out once again with reoccurring injuries (aka fragile lenny) that date back to college so the final chapter of the book is far from being written.  I hope to God that I'm wrong !!!

... Seriously? OJ has been a clear second fiddle to Cameron Brate over in Tampa despite his size and athletic prowess. He's had marginal production and gets snaps mainly as a blocker lol.

Fragile Lenny?!?! are you for real? He had 1 ankle injury at LSU which he played through (testament to his toughness not fragility IMO) and despite WANTING to play this week the coaches held him out. How does that make him fragile?? injuries happen at the NFL level especially when you touch the ball a lot at his position, despite that he was ready to go for Indy but the colts are such trash they opted to rest him because they have that luxury.

If all you want to say is "the Juice is loose" then we should draft LF27's backup from LSU Derrius Guice. "Fragile Lenny" !?!?!?!? are you for real lmao? between your earlier comment about Fred Taylor's end of career and now this .... i'm having a very hard time taking you seriously
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 04:21 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-23-2017, 04:01 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 03:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I just wanted a guy named OJ on the team so we could say The Juice is Loose !!!

... Seriously? OJ has been a clear second fiddle to Cameron Brate over in Tampa despite his size and athletic prowess. He's had marginal production and gets snaps mainly as a blocker lol.

Fragile Lenny?!?! are you for real? He had 1 ankle injury at LSU which he played through (testament to his toughness not fragility IMO) and despite WANTING to play this week the coaches held him out. How does that make him fragile?? injuries happen at the NFL level especially when you touch the ball a lot at his position, despite that he was ready to go for Indy but the colts are such trash they opted to rest him because they have that luxury.

If all you want to say is "the Juice is loose" then we should draft LF27's backup from LSU Derrius Guice. "Fragile Lenny" !?!?!?!? are you for real lmao? between your earlier comment about Fred Taylor's end of career and now this .... i'm having a very hard time taking you seriously

I'm just stating it's really hard to make a judgement 7 games into players careers.

Regarding Freddie T gaining less than 1000 yards total in his final 3 years, that's a fact.   AP is probably on a similar track so I simply stated I'm not concerned about AP coming to play after all the dude had 21 yards on 11 carries without Carson Palmer there to offer any pass threat.

...yes, fragile lenny was a joke and good catch regarding Guice ..... glad to see i still have a chance to get my Guice is Loose even though it's pronounced GISE ... but then again everyone called Byron Leftwich Brian and David Garrrad Jarred so I'm sure we'll translate Guice to Juice.

Bro, OJ Howard is not worth Fournette. Brite is the main TE. I saw Howard get his 2 TDs. 1 TD was a misdirection play where he ran wide open. I could have caught that pass. Fournette could have played yesterday.

(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Does anyone know how the M. Lewis TD evolved?  The 7" height differentiation was executed perfectly.  However, I'm curious of the following whether this was a play call from the OC or an audible (i.e. who recognized this obvious mismatch) ??  

They lined up #89 like a WR hoping to get him one on one with a CB.  It's a designed mismatch.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 05:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-23-2017, 03:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

It was the same thing in the Baltimore game.  Anytime he is lined up 1 on 1 agaisnt a corner under 6' im sure Bortles will throw it up to him

We finally have a coaching staff that realizes Lewis is 8 ft taller than anyone that guards him.

Lewis needs to be involved more in the passing game. Mainly in the red zone. The guy is a massive target and is still a decent route runner. Plus if you involve him more it will get some of them LB's to step back.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-23-2017, 06:27 PM)trunt87 Wrote: We finally have a coaching staff that realizes Lewis is 8 ft taller than anyone that guards him.

This is the obvious part so it doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is that we finally saw an absolutely perfect fade pass from Blake Bortles.
'02

(10-23-2017, 04:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: ... Seriously? OJ has been a clear second fiddle to Cameron Brate over in Tampa despite his size and athletic prowess. He's had marginal production and gets snaps mainly as a blocker lol.

I'm just stating it's really hard to make a judgement 7 games into players careers.

Regarding Freddie T gaining less than 1000 yards total in his final 3 years, that's a fact.   AP is probably on a similar track so I simply stated I'm not concerned about AP coming to play after all the dude had 21 yards on 11 carries without Carson Palmer there to offer any pass threat.

...yes, fragile lenny was a joke and good catch regarding Guice ..... glad to see i still have a chance to get my Guice is Loose even though it's pronounced GISE ... but then again everyone called Byron Leftwich Brian and David Garrrad Jarred so I'm sure we'll translate Guice to Juice.
 Freddy T gained less than 1000 yards his last 3 years, yes that is factual. But extrapolating that to Peterson just isnt accurate, Fred gained less than 1k due to injury not an erosion of his skills. While Peterson was hurt last year, I dont expect that issue to recur, thus its not a valid comparison in the slightest.

If the LSU fanbase pronounces Go as "Geaux" due to their Cajun ancestry we can enunciate Guice as JUICE instead of "GISE" knowing this fanbase I agree with you that is exactly what will happen if he comes here lol
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-23-2017, 04:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Does anyone know how the M. Lewis TD evolved?  The 7" height differentiation was executed perfectly.  However, I'm curious of the following whether this was a play call from the OC or an audible (i.e. who recognized this obvious mismatch)?  

They lined up #89 like a WR hoping to get him one on one with a CB.  It's a designed mismatch.

On top of that, Marcedes Lewis jumped for the ball and made sure he did not go down out of bounds. Great execution there.

That TD was our only play shown on game highlights before SNF. They showed it twice.