Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars a playoff team discussion on nfl network

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...3cf980f107

I say yes they are because the schedule is favorable coming up.

The idiot on the far left keeps repeating how Tennessee beat us but forgets we destroyed Houston
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The arguments both for and against us making the playoffs were all valid. That next Tennessee game will go a long way to proving we are a playoff team. Even if we have the division locked up before that game happens, I want to see this team show some grit and determination to get the pay back against the one team that has embarrassed them this year. I am glad to see these kinds of conversations finally though and can't wait to get home and watch all of the pre game shows!

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM by nhiverson.)

We have to beat tacks next time we face them, well also the tinhorns.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I used to watch countdown in hopes of hearing Brunell Taylor Smith McCardell Brackens Darius.

Well when we started losing, I quit watching it. I watched some during Taylor's twilight years.

But it's all about the Eagles, Patriots, and Cowboys.

Btw, not only are we a playoff team....we have a super bowl defense.

Playoffs? Playoffs?!

Oh yeah, this is a playoff team. Our run game is legit with Fournette.

MAN UP AND SAY IF YOU WANTED OJ HOWARD!!

This is why you pick a RB in round 1 and not a TE.

Come on....man up. Who wanted Howard?

They like some Jags on that show.  Did anyone catch their clip on the Fournette vs Mitchell run?  It was hilarious.  

I'm worried that he is right and we are just up and down.  Looking forward to us stringing a few wins together and losing my pessimism.

Don't worry. We will go on a win streak. We should have beat the Jets. It'll come. We got the easiest schedule remaining games.

They like to bring up the win one week lose the other week thing but those first 6 t and are all in the thick of the playoff hunt mid-season. The clots was literally the first cupcake team on our schedule. Let’s see what they say after we get to beat up on Arizona, cinci and the browns like everyone one of else and they have to go play Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

(10-23-2017, 03:00 PM)nhiverson Wrote: We have to beat tacks next time we face them, well also the tinhorns.

The tacks game to end the season could very well be for the division. I'm planning to be at that one.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-23-2017, 03:16 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: They like to bring up the win one week lose the other week thing but those first 6 t and are all in the thick of the playoff hunt mid-season. The clots was literally the first cupcake team on our schedule. Let’s see what they say after we get to beat up on Arizona, cinci and the browns like everyone one of else and they have to go play Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Pretty much this. Both Indy and Tennesee had a 3 point win over the Browns... The Jets are way better than predicted. I think our game vs the tacks was a fluke. Should have beat the Jets too, hard to beat gifted touchdowns.

Mike Clay‏Verified account @MikeClayNFL

Easiest schedule going forward:
1. Jaguars 2. Texans 3. Lions 4. Ravens 5. Steelers 6. Titans 7. Bengals 8. Vikings 9. Eagles 10. Bears

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 09:43 PM by jaglyn.)

They talked about that on 1010 in the morning. Teams that finish the season in the Top 10 total offense and total defense usually end up making the wild card game at the minimum. And we are 10 and 6 in those categories.

Absolutely stunned and still can't believe the turnaround the Jags have done this year. I hope they can keep it up.

Biggest point for - Run game, pass defense/pass rush are top tier

Biggest point against - Up and down QB play, can't stop the run.

We have to find a way to get Blake to play like he did last week and in London all the time, and we need some damn gap discipline from our front 7. If we fix these, I can see us in the playoffs. If not, I think we stay on our W/L/W/L Trend to an 8-8 or 9-7 season and maybe luck into the division title if Tennessee/Houston loses a lot down the stretch.

The handsome smart well dressed Black man was the truth. Haters can hate. And the chic we liked can get it.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(10-23-2017, 02:51 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: The arguments both for and against us making the playoffs were all valid. That next Tennessee game will go a long way to proving we are a playoff team. Even if we have the division locked up before that game happens, I want to see this team show some grit and determination to get the pay back against the one team that has embarrassed them this year. I am glad to see these kinds of conversations finally though and can't wait to get home and watch all of the pre game shows!

If we locked up the division or a playoff birth then It is more important to rest players the beating the tacks. I truly believe if necessary we will beat the tacks in there house.

They were close to being 6 - 1 entering the bye week. A few odd plays in N.Y and a really bad day on ST against L.A at home really don't shake my confidence from this team being a play-off contender. This is a weak year overall football wise. And we have a chance to make some moves.

The defense is playing at a Superbowl caliber level. And the running game is there. We have four really good runners now between Fournette, Ivory, Grant and Yeldon. We can lean on these two aspects to at least a nine or ten win season for sure.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 01:14 PM by J-Mizzal.)

If we take care of business on the crappy teams, Colts, Browns, 49ers we go 3-0 thats 6 wins

Then the games we should win at home Cincy, SD, then you have @Zona who lost their QB and on a down hill fall, lets say we go 2-1. thats 8 wins

Then we have Seattle, Houston and Tenn, and if we go 1-2 there we still get to 9 wins

Now will it gives us the division it would depend on Tenn and Houston's records and tie breakers.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-24-2017, 09:11 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 02:51 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: The arguments both for and against us making the playoffs were all valid. That next Tennessee game will go a long way to proving we are a playoff team. Even if we have the division locked up before that game happens, I want to see this team show some grit and determination to get the pay back against the one team that has embarrassed them this year. I am glad to see these kinds of conversations finally though and can't wait to get home and watch all of the pre game shows!

If we locked up the division or a playoff birth then It is more important to rest players the beating the tacks. I truly believe if necessary we will beat the tacks in there house.
Of course that's the smart thing to do but can you please let me live out my fantasy of dragging the tacks before going on to win the Super Bowl. Big Grin

(10-23-2017, 04:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 03:00 PM)nhiverson Wrote: We have to beat tacks next time we face them, well also the tinhorns.

The tacks game to end the season could very well be for the division. I'm planning to be at that one.

I have been saying this since the the second or third week of September. Seeing Cleveland keep Tennessee out of the end zone in a 68+ minute game is good news for us.