Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith extended.

(10-25-2017, 10:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:22 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: LOL We were a little late talking about it, obviously.

Fifty million dollars in four years . . . Is that in the $12 million range you suggested?

It's coming out now as 4 years $44mil so $11 per year. 

I said between $10-12 so yeah I was pretty spot on. 

Now we can tag ARob

11 million per is a steal
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2017, 10:22 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: LOL We were a little late talking about it, obviously.

Fifty million dollars in four years . . . Is that in the $12 million range you suggested?

Now we can tag ARob

The tag is probably the right move for Robinson too. He needed to earn that contract this year and he got robbed of the chance. So before the team throws a huge contract at him he can play under the tag next season and show some consistency first.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

This contract extension is Well Deserved to say the least. Congratulations Telvin.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-25-2017, 10:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: Smith signs extension

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...b1852a2041

Jaguars sign LB Telvin Smith to four-year contract extension

I especially like this from the article.

Quote:Jaguars Executive Vice President of Football Operations Tom Coughlin called Smith “a productive player and an important part of our defense.”

“He has earned this second contract,” Coughlin said in a statement. “We want to identify the players who will contribute to helping this team win going forward, and reward those who can do that. Telvin is certainly one of those players for us.”

Coughlin added, “This is a high performance business, and we look for his continued development as a team leader both on and off the field. Along with this new contract, Telvin must accept the high expectations that go with it.”

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Love me some Telvin. Worth every penny and more..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-25-2017, 10:37 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's coming out now as 4 years $44mil so $11 per year. 

Now we can tag ARob

The tag is probably the right move for Robinson too. He needed to earn that contract this year and he got robbed of the chance. So before the team throws a huge contract at him he can play under the tag next season and show some consistency first.

From the teams perspective I'd look to offer him now at a reasonable contract, it may turn out better for them in the long run if he goes off next season. So smart by Caldwell to extend telvin before he hit the open market.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 10:43 PM by RedRooster28.)

Awesome. Would have hated to lose his passion on defense. Congrats Telvin.

On a sidenote, he is the last guy you’d have to worry about taking plays ‘off’ now that he’s paid; he’s like Calais- his love for the game is evident and palpable.

Great move by the team! Keep the good, young players around. This probably means we won't go after one of the premier free agent QB's, but that's fine with me. I want to draft one anyway. Keeping Telvin and watching the progression of Myles Jack, gives us two of the most athletic young linebackers in the league.

(10-25-2017, 10:41 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:37 PM)Achilles Wrote: The tag is probably the right move for Robinson too. He needed to earn that contract this year and he got robbed of the chance. So before the team throws a huge contract at him he can play under the tag next season and show some consistency first.

From the teams perspective I'd look to offer him now at a reasonable contract, it may turn out better for them in the long run if he goes off next season. So smart by Caldwell to extend telvin before he hit the open market.

You want to extend a guy that had performance issues last season, work ethic issues last season, and is currently out with a torn ACL.

Seems like a horrible idea.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Now we can tag ARob

Why in God's name would we tag ARob? He's had one really good year since coming to Jacksonville and now he's coming off a major injury. I'd rather use that money to get Davante Adams.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 10:48 PM by J-Mizzal.)

That gives them less to worry about at the end of the year

Glad Telvin got paid we dont wanna loss him, Poz might be gone tho

(10-25-2017, 10:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Great move by the team! Keep the good, young players around. This probably means we won't go after one of the premier free agent QB's, but that's fine with me. I want to draft one anyway. Keeping Telvin and watching the progression of Myles Jack, gives us two of the most athletic young linebackers in the league.

What does re-signing a LB, have to do with us signing a QB?

I much rather sign a QB and draft one
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-25-2017, 09:57 PM)IndestructibleJag Wrote: Per Adam Schefter. 4 year extension. 50mil.

We've actually reached the point where we have guys that we legit don't want to lose in free agency.

That's cool.

(10-25-2017, 10:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why in God's name would we tag ARob? He's had one really good year since coming to Jacksonville and now he's coming off a major injury. I'd rather use that money to get Davante Adams.

Allen Robinson actually was very good in his rookie season between injuries. Few WRs anywhere were better than him at catching 50/50 balls. He was expected to be his old self, but almost immediately lost the chance to do it. Tagging Robinson may be the only way to keep him in Jacksonville.

He’s almost guaranteed to become our all-time leading tackler on this contract extension, barring injury.

(10-25-2017, 10:43 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:41 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: From the teams perspective I'd look to offer him now at a reasonable contract, it may turn out better for them in the long run if he goes off next season. So smart by Caldwell to extend telvin before he hit the open market.

You want to extend a guy that had performance issues last season, work ethic issues last season, and is currently out with a torn ACL.

Seems like a horrible idea.

Lmao give me a break man

(10-25-2017, 10:58 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: He’s almost guaranteed to become our all-time leading tackler on this contract extension, barring injury.

What is the current team record and who holds it?

(10-25-2017, 10:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's coming out now as 4 years $44mil so $11 per year. 

Now we can tag ARob

Why in God's name would we tag ARob? He's had one really good year since coming to Jacksonville and now he's coming off a major injury. I'd rather use that money to get Davante Adams.
Devante Adams?? You guys are a trip

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 11:10 PM by haveaseat.)

Davante Adams over Arob? I can't with this. AR15 is a #1 receiver.

(10-25-2017, 11:04 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why in God's name would we tag ARob? He's had one really good year since coming to Jacksonville and now he's coming off a major injury. I'd rather use that money to get Davante Adams.

Devante Adams? You guys are a trip

I always thought Davante Adams is good but last week was the first time he played with a QB not named Aaron Rodgers in a game that matters. Now we have some opportunities to see is Adams can catch passes from a below average QB.

(10-25-2017, 10:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Now we can tag ARob

Bc the team already said that they were going to tag him if they didn't get a deal done....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS