Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Win Tonight's Sunday Night Football Game Inside Ford Field In Downtown Detroit, Michigan?
Detroit Lions (3-3)
Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
***Official Steelers @ Lions NBC Sunday Night Football Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 06:07 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile   Pittsburgh Steelers are in The Motor City to play the Detroit Lions for NBC's Sunday Night Football.  Steelers defeated the Lions 28-20 in their last regular season visit to Detroit back on October 11, 2009.

Pittsburgh both is on a current four-game regular season winning streak over Detroit, and also leads the series in tonight's 32nd all-time meeting with 16 wins, 14 losses, and 1 tie (10-10 back in 1959).

Lions last home win over the Steelers was a 19-16 overtime win, with Jason Hanson's 42-yard field goal back on November 26, 1998, but have yet to win a home game over the Steelers since the Lions started playing at Ford Field back in 2002.

Steelers also defeated the Seahawks 21-10, to win Super Bowl XL - 40, at Ford Field, back on February 5, 2006.

Steelers wide receiver Martavious Bryant did not travel playing in tonight's game with the Lions, because  of his issue
 of lack of playing time. We also might see again JuJu Smith-Schuster both celebrate another touchdown by playing hide and seek in the end zone,  and  also wear special cleats for for having his lost bike returned to the Steelers facility last week.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford signed a 5-year, $135 million deal with his wife Kelly, and his twin newborn daughters, before the start of the regular season.

Lions TE Eric Ebron is trade rumored before the trade deadline on Tuesday.

Lead official and Idaho State graduate John Hussey leads his officiating crew assigned by the NFL to supervise the game action at Ford Field.

Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, and Michele Tafoya are announcing the game for NBC's Sunday Night Football including WTLV NBC Channel 12 in Jacksonville, and WNBW-DT NBC Channel 9 in Gainesville, live on HD.

Both the Steelers and Lions are playing inside Ford Field for tonight's 8:30PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because outside is partly cloudy skies is forecast at 42 degrees, feels like 39 degrees, 0% precipitation, 72% humidity, and northwest winds at 6 miles per hour.

NO injuries,  Defend Your Den, Play As One Pride, Restore The Roar, And GO LIONS!!!!!   Wink Smile Cool Big Grin 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017102910...ab=preview

http://nflstream.nbcsports.com/

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nfl/watch-su...t-football

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

GO STEELERS!

(10-29-2017, 07:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: GO STEELERS!

Why would you want the Steelers to win? If the Jags plan to make that big push for the playoffs they need the highest seed they can possibly get. A win for Steelers only makes that harder.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 08:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

"Survived a big time beat down by the Jags" lol

Go Steelers?  God I hate fake fans.  Let's go LIONS

(10-29-2017, 07:53 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Why would you want the Steelers to win? If the Jags plan to make that big push for the playoffs they need the highest seed they can possibly get. A win for Steelers only makes that harder.

Because she is a fan of a lot of different teams

It is too early to worry about playoff seeds. I am thinking about the NFC North in this one. Green Bay is resting with a 4-3 record. Detroit is 3-3 so a loss would drop the Lions to 3-4.

You fell right into her trap, Jdub doesn’t care who wins (it) wants attention. Any Jag fan knows we need the Steelers to lose. Any real fan that is.

(10-29-2017, 08:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:53 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Why would you want the Steelers to win? If the Jags plan to make that big push for the playoffs they need the highest seed they can possibly get. A win for Steelers only makes that harder.

It is too early to worry about playoff seeds. I am thinking about the NFC North in this one. Green Bay is resting with a 4-3 record. Detroit is 3-3 so a loss would drop the Lions to 3-4.
You say it's to early to worry about playoff seeds and then you say you are thinking about the NFC North which is about a playoff seed.

(10-29-2017, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It is too early to worry about playoff seeds. I am thinking about the NFC North in this one. Green Bay is resting with a 4-3 record. Detroit is 3-3 so a loss would drop the Lions to 3-4.
You say it's to early to worry about playoff seeds and then you say you are thinking about the NFC North which is about a playoff seed.

Packer fan gonna Packer
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Three straight passes to the end zone by Stafford, and his receivers couldn't score a touchdown.

Prater kicked his fourth field goal, 34-yards, 12-10 Lions lead before halftime.

Alualu

Next time kick the field goal

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 11:48 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-29-2017, 08:48 PM)DuvalJag Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:53 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Why would you want the Steelers to win? If the Jags plan to make that big push for the playoffs they need the highest seed they can possibly get. A win for Steelers only makes that harder.

You fell right into her trap, Jdub doesn’t care who wins (it) wants attention. Any Jag fan knows we need the Steelers to lose. Any real fan that is.

I clearly explained why I do care who wins. Where did you get this "doesn't care" idea from?

It is only Week 8. We don't need the Steelers to lose right now just because they are in the AFC.

(10-29-2017, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It is too early to worry about playoff seeds. I am thinking about the NFC North in this one. Green Bay is resting with a 4-3 record. Detroit is 3-3 so a loss would drop the Lions to 3-4.

No I did not. My worry is that Green Bay's only chance of making the playoffs is winning the division, just like Jacksonville.

(10-29-2017, 10:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Alualu

Awesome play by our previous #93.

(10-29-2017, 10:42 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Next time kick the field goal.

Cris Collinsworth explained Jim Caldwell's logic: If Detroit does not make it, Pittsburgh is backed up inside the five yard line and most likely will end its next drive with a punt. I would have gone for it too, but maybe not called a run up the middle.

It’s too early to worry about the playoffs.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-29-2017, 11:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s too early to worry about the playoffs.

In the AFC as whole, yes. But I still care about division leaders and always want Pittsburgh to have more wins than Baltimore.

(10-30-2017, 12:13 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 11:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s too early to worry about the playoffs.

In the AFC as whole, yes. But I still care about division leaders and always want Pittsburgh to have more wins than Baltimore.

You wanting the Steelers to win has nothing to do with their record or with Baltimore’s. You wanted the lions to lose because it will help Green Bay get to the playoffs. The same playoffs you told someone else it was too early to worry about.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-30-2017, 12:32 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You wanting the Steelers to win has nothing to do with their record or with Baltimore’s. You wanted the lions to lose because it will help Green Bay get to the playoffs. The same playoffs you told someone else it was too early to worry about.

Time to clarify myself here:

I hate the Ravens, who are sitting in second place at 4-4. With eight games left to play, they have enough time to take over the AFCN lead from the 4-3 or 5-2 Steelers at some point this season. For me it is all about pushing the Ravens further down in the AFCN because I can't root for them.

In the NFCN, I have a much bigger problem. Detroit is now solely in third place behind Minnesota and Green Bay. A win would have tied them with the Packers, who were idle. Green Bay needs to stay ahead of Detroit to have any chance of clinching a playoff spot and all year I have seen playoff level performances by the Lions.

(10-29-2017, 11:47 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 08:48 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: You fell right into her trap, Jdub doesn’t care who wins (it) wants attention. Any Jag fan knows we need the Steelers to lose. Any real fan that is.

I clearly explained why I do care who wins. Where did you get this "doesn't care" idea from?

It is only Week 8. We don't need the Steelers to lose right now just because they are in the AFC.

(10-29-2017, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You say it's to early to worry about playoff seeds and then you say you are thinking about the NFC North which is about a playoff seed.

No I did not. My worry is that Green Bay's only chance of making the playoffs is winning the division, just like Jacksonville.

(10-30-2017, 12:13 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Packers troll gonna derail this thread too. Cool.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."