Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Figuring out the Bungles

(11-01-2017, 03:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I got a laugh from this one...

Quote:1. start a go fund me page for Daltons family.

Did you see the one about buying him life insurance?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Big Grin 

Good news: NFL.com reported Leonard Fournette was a full participant in practice.

(10-31-2017, 09:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 09:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I often don't.  Only when I have a little time on my hands do I engage that stuff. 

At this point it's about making sure I'm able to honestly say "I tried" before finally giving up. 

Didn't mean to answer for you, or misrepresent your intent btw, but I'm pretty sure you know that.
Bullseye is right.  Are we really that good or do the Bengals really suck that bad?  I happen to think that it's a little of both and am looking at this game with some caution.

I think you're right, it's a little of both. The Jags are good (REALLY good on defense, with a stud RB and solid rushing attck). And, the Bengals are pretty bad. 

Living in "Bengals country", and having followed them for many, many years, I can tell you that this season they're really struggling. 
- Having let both Whitworth and Zeitler leave was a crushing blow to their O-line. They stink now (that's why they struggled with the Colts, they couldn't protect Dalton very well even against INDY, lol).
- Dalton is terrible when under pressure. He makes alot of boneheaded mistakes because of it. 
- Their defense is getting "long in the tooth", although their D-line is still capable of causing chaos at times.

They're one of those teams that could literally be beaten by anyone this year. They're still good enough to eek out wins here and there, even against good teams. But, the expectation just about every week is that they'll find a way to lose in a true "Bungle" fashion somehow. 

As long as the Jags defense shows up to play this week, it really shouldn't be a tough victory for Jacksonville to get (provided the offense doesn't turn the ball over and the special teams doesn't have any gaffes). 

Jags will win.

I think we will know fairly quickly just what kind of day it's gonna be on Sunday.

Jets game was a mess with the blown Powell TD. Rams game was terrible from the jump with the opening kickoff TD. Offense didn't have it against the Titans from the jump.

If Atkins is having his way and Blake is off target early, could be a long game.

(11-03-2017, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think we will know fairly quickly just what kind of day it's gonna be on Sunday.

Jets game was a mess with the blown Powell TD. Rams game was terrible from the jump with the opening kickoff TD. Offense didn't have it against the Titans from the jump.

If Atkins is having his way and Blake is off target early, could be a long game.

To be fair the the Steelers took a lead and Bortles threw a pick and it looked as if one of those long days was coming. Then the defense took charge. So we shall see

(11-03-2017, 02:43 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think we will know fairly quickly just what kind of day it's gonna be on Sunday.

To be fair the the Steelers took a lead and Bortles threw a pick and it looked as if one of those long days was coming. Then the defense took charge. So we shall see

Jags were up 7-3 when Blake threw the pick.  

But yes, the defense definitely made up for any mistakes by the offense that day. 

Hopefully Atkins and Dunlap don't give the back-ups on out line too much trouble.

Jags win BIG. !!Oh...I dont know? Lets just say about 42-10. Yeah that's it, Jags 42, bengirls 10.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 04:21 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Bengals getting smoked. Defense has a 13 sacks game, defense scores a TD, Lambo goes 4-4 fg, Blake toss 180 2td zero picks. Fournette 125 tds Ramsey 1 int, Gipson 2ints. Campbell gets 5 sacks.

Score 38-3

(11-03-2017, 04:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Bengals getting smoked. Defense has a 13 sacks game, defense scores a TD, Lambo goes 4-4 fg, Blake toss 180 2td zero picks. Fournette 125 tds Ramsey 1 int, Gipson 2ints. Campbell gets 5 sacks.

Score 38-3
Omg.

I don’t know what I’d do....

(11-03-2017, 04:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Bengals getting smoked. Defense has a 13 sacks game, defense scores a TD, Lambo goes 4-4 fg, Blake toss 180 2td zero picks. Fournette 125 tds Ramsey 1 int, Gipson 2ints. Campbell gets 5 sacks.

Score 38-3
I like your prediction better than mine. 

I was thinking 24-20 Jags. 

Aaron Colvin scores on a scoop and score fumble recovery after Ngakoue strips Dalton, Fournette scores from 4 yards out after a big Keelan Cole catch, and Lee scores on a deep play-action pass. Two FGs for Lambo. 

Blake throws a pick to Kirkpatrick trying to force one to Lee on the outside, LaFell gets past Bouye for a score and they settle for two FGs early on.

(11-03-2017, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 02:43 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: To be fair the the Steelers took a lead and Bortles threw a pick and it looked as if one of those long days was coming. Then the defense took charge. So we shall see

Jags were up 7-3 when Blake threw the pick.  

But yes, the defense definitely made up for any mistakes by the offense that day. 

Hopefully Atkins and Dunlap don't give the back-ups on out line too much trouble.

My apologies. I just remember thinking here we go again after the Steelers went up 9-6 at some point

I'm curious to find out how well this coaching staff can take advantage of a bye-week. If the team will come out swinging or will they be letahrgic

I'm kinda worried about lethargy after the bye week, too.

Not saying that's gonna be the case here, but you have to be concerned. Hopefully the Jags come out on fire and want to win at home for a change, and get that streaky win-loss-win-loss thing off theri backs. If they can win this game this week, that gives them a big push for next week's game. This team needs to get momentum going and build up wins.

That said, I don't think this is as easy a game as some are hoping. I know I've been saying that a lot this season, but the offense has to keep up with the defense in this game. This is not the Colts, but a Bengals team with a nasty defense. The Jags need to play this game sharply

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 08:20 PM by Jagwired.)

Oh my! Buuwwwaaaaa!!

[Image: OUnahFs.jpg]
[b]Nebuchadnezzar[/b] [Image: buddy_online.png]
Charlie Don't Surf!
Threads: 225
Mood: [Image: MRS17M2.gif]
11-01-2017, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 06:49 PM by Nebuchadnezzar.)
My prediction,
First quarter Andy Dalton is injured and out for the season.
Second quarter AJ Green is injured and out for the season.
Third quarter AJ McCarron is injured and out for the season.
Fourth quarter Vontaze Burfict gets ejected and is suspended for the rest of the season.

After the game
Adam Jones and Joe Mixon go out, get drunk and walk down the street punching women, get 5 years for Assult.
Geno Atkins trips on a reporters mic cord and gets concussed making him re-evaluate then retires.
Carlos Dunlap just leaves never to be seen again.
Bodine is seen in the weight room doing bench presses.
Ogbuhei and Fisher are seen practicing, knock each other out, fall into comas but the Bengals still start them and they don't give up even a QB Pressure the rest of the season and both get selected to the Pro Bowl.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:12 AM by jagherd.)

(11-04-2017, 10:13 AM)Nikowho Wrote: I'm kinda worried about lethargy after the bye week, too.

Not saying that's gonna be the case here, but you have to be concerned. Hopefully the Jags come out on fire and want to win at home for a change, and get that streaky win-loss-win-loss thing off theri backs. If they can win this game this week, that gives them a big push for next week's game. This team needs to get momentum going and build up wins.

That said, I don't think this is as easy a game as some are hoping. I know I've been saying that a lot this season, but the offense has to keep up with the defense in this game. This is not the Colts, but a Bengals team with a nasty defense. The Jags need to play this game sharply

I still think that the Jags win this game. 
But, looking at it a little closer:
The Bengals may have started out 0-3 (losing a game at Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers that they had won but "Bungled" it away.)

But, they are 3-1 over the last four games. 
They're starting to look better,  although their offense is still not good (particularly the O-line.)

Jags 4-3
Bengals 3-4

This game could potentially be very important to any Wildcard positioning if the Jags don't win the division. 

Jags need to put this game in their back pockets as a victory. They definitely don't need to have a similar record to Cincy at the end and having been beaten by them head to head.

(11-05-2017, 10:11 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:13 AM)Nikowho Wrote: I'm kinda worried about lethargy after the bye week, too.

I still think that the Jags win this game. 
But, looking at it a little closer:
The Bengals may have started out 0-3 (losing a game at Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers that they had won but "Bungled" it away.)

But, they are 3-1 over the last four games. 
They're starting to look better,  although their offense is still not good (particularly the O-line.)

Jags 4-3
Bengals 3-4

This game could potentially be very important to any Wildcard positioning if the Jags don't win the division. 

Jags need to put this game in their back pockets as a victory. They definitely don't need to have a similar record to Cincy at the end and having been beaten by them head to head.
Yes, they’re 3-1 but do you know who those 3 wins were against?

Buffalo, Cleveland and Indy. It took a defensive TD to beat the Colts last week.