Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Figuring out the Bungles

This game is about staying true to our strengths and not getting cute. Run the ball, control the clock, no stupid turnovers. The game should win itself on paper.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah - the bengals should give up some yards on the ground.  Their pass defense is good, but if they stack the box, Blake will have an opportunity or two. 

Here's hoping Hackett has a few wrinkles to add that the bengals don't have on film yet and the Jags can get on the board early and allow the D to work their magic. 

Glad I've got tickets to this one!

(10-30-2017, 01:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - the Bengals should give up some yards on the ground. Their pass defense is good, but if they stack the box, Blake will have an opportunity or two. 

Here's hoping Hackett has a few wrinkles to add that the Bengals don't have on film yet and the Jags can get on the board early and allow the D to work their magic. 

Glad I've got tickets to this one!

LOL It should be a good choice for your game tickets. They aren't coming off a bye and only beat the COLTS by one point.

If I am Marvin Lewis, I want to make Blake Bortles win with his arm.

Comparing the stats... (ranking by category)

Offense:
Total yards... B: 30 J: 12
Points... B: 27 J: 8
Passing... B: 23 J: 28
Rushing... B: 30 J: 1

Defense:
Yards allowed... B: 28 J: 27
Points allowed... B: 7 J: 1
Passing yards... B: 4 J: 1
Rushing yards... B: 18 J: 32
Sacks... B: 9 J: 1
Interceptions... B: 19 J: 3

Those numbers are just gibberish. What do they all mean?

(10-30-2017, 03:28 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Those numbers are just gibberish. What do they all mean?

The Bs play the Js this Sunday. Duh. I predict a J 27-9 win over the B.

(10-30-2017, 03:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:28 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Those numbers are just gibberish. What do they all mean?

The Bs play the Js this Sunday. Duh. I predict a J 27-9 win over the B.

That was not my question, obviously.

(10-30-2017, 03:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The Bs play the Js this Sunday. Duh. I predict a J 27-9 win over the B.

That was not my question, obviously.

Well obviously the number represents the ranking of the Bs and Js in the league in that team stat, obviously.

The numbers correlate with the ranking of each category

i.e. J - 12 is Jacksonville ranked 12th in total offensive yards

(10-30-2017, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote:

The numbers correlate with the ranking of each category

i.e. J - 12 is Jacksonville ranked 12th in total offensive yards

OK thanks.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 03:48 PM by ATLjag.)

It is the ranking for each category.  For example, Jags are 1st in the league in offensive rushing yards, and the Bengals the 30th.

(it's not gibberish)

(10-30-2017, 03:46 PM)ATLjag Wrote:

It is the ranking for each category.  For example, Jags are 1st in the league in offensive rushing yards, and the Bengals the 30th.

(it's not gibberish)

Wow. We hit two home runs with Fournette and Robinson. Now if only our run defense could be as good as the run offense . . .

(10-30-2017, 03:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:46 PM)ATLjag Wrote: It is the ranking for each category.  For example, Jags are 1st in the league in offensive rushing yards, and the Bengals the 30th.

(it's not gibberish)

Wow. We hit two home runs with Fournette and Robinson. Now if only our run defense could be as good as the run offense . . .
That is extremely unlikely.

I'll take being #1 in pass defense over #1 in rush defense any day. It's very hard to be #1 in both.

(10-30-2017, 03:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Wow. We hit two home runs with Fournette and Robinson. Now if only our run defense could be as good as the run offense . . .

That is extremely unlikely.

I'll take being #1 in pass defense over #1 in rush defense any day. It's very hard to be #1 in both.

Me too, but I would at least prefer a middle of the pack run defense than the ranking we have now.

That's a lotta bjs
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Jags defense is giving up 5.2 yards per rushing attempt, which is terrible. Right now, it is the achilles heal of this defense, and is the fundamental reason for the Dareus trade.

The Bengals are 30th in the league in running the ball. Hopefully, with a better run defense, and Bengals poor run game to date, the Jags can force them to throw the ball, into the very strength of this defense.

If we make Dalton look like Peyton Manning in his prime, I may go insane.

A few observations from watching the bungles/colts tilt:

- They did block a punt in this game, and the Jags have shown a weakness in the blocking unit. I imagine it will be a point of emphasis in ST work this week for the Jags.

- Mixon is a big play threat and will need to be contained in situations like misdirection and screen passes.

- They have a pretty good return guy in Erickson  --- another weakness in our ST group at times this season.

- I think the Jags can run against their defense successfully. I don't expect to see Bortles passing the ball more than twenty times.

- Ramsey and Bouye are up to the challenge with AJ Green, but he'll get open at times. Gotta keep his impact low.

-  Dalton will make a mistake or two when repeatedly pressured. 

I like the Jags chances in this one if their ST unit is solid and they don't give up more than one big play to Green and Mixon.

(10-30-2017, 04:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If we make Dalton look like Peyton Manning in his prime, I may go insane.

There is zero chance of that happening.

I am more or less forced to watch the Bengals weekly and I am not worried about this game at all. Their only real success comes from teams with poor dlines, as they have one of the worst olines in the league. In fact, their run game yards before contact are the worst in the league, mitigating our biggest weakness.