Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Figuring out the Bungles

(10-31-2017, 05:23 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote: Couldn't stop laughing at those comments. Feels good not reading "its the Jags, easy win" comments anymore.

Or even, "We have a good chance of winning." I love seeing most Bungles fans are scared of our fangs and think Andy Dalton needs a coffin (it's Halloween).

But there is one post that makes no sense. Why did someone claim we have a great TE?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2017, 05:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 05:23 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote: Couldn't stop laughing at those comments. Feels good not reading "its the Jags, easy win" comments anymore.

Or even, "We have a good chance of winning." I love seeing most Bungles fans are scared of our fangs and think Andy Dalton needs a coffin (it's Halloween).

But there is one post that makes no sense. Why did someone claim we have a great TE?
My guess is they are scared if Lewis because they saw the highlights of our London game. They shoukd be scared of Lewis, if used properly like the Ravens game, you,saw what he could do.

(10-31-2017, 06:56 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 05:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Or even, "We have a good chance of winning." I love seeing most Bungles fans are scared of our fangs and think Andy Dalton needs a coffin (it's Halloween).

My guess is they are scared if Lewis because they saw the highlights of our London game. They should be scared of Lewis, if used properly like the Ravens game, you,saw what he could do.

The thing is Lewis has not played another game like the one in London this year. If Bungles fans watched #89 every week they would be less scared of him.

(10-31-2017, 07:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:56 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote: My guess is they are scared if Lewis because they saw the highlights of our London game. They should be scared of Lewis, if used properly like the Ravens game, you,saw what he could do.

The thing is Lewis has not played another game like the one in London this year. If Bungles fans watched #89 every week they would be less scared of him.
He has double the amount of TDs of any WR on this roster this season, that's why.

(10-31-2017, 07:11 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The thing is Lewis has not played another game like the one in London this year. If Bungles fans watched #89 every week they would be less scared of him.

He has double the amount of TDs of any WR on this roster this season, that's why.

This year yes, because Allen Robinson is on IR.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 07:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-30-2017, 03:26 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Comparing the stats... (ranking by category)

Offense:
Total yards... B: 30  J: 12
Points... B: 27  J: 8
Passing... B: 23  J: 28
Rushing... B: 30  J: 1

Defense:
Yards allowed... B: 28  J: 27
Points allowed... B: 7  J: 1
Passing yards... B: 4  J: 1
Rushing yards... B: 18  J: 32
Sacks... B: 9  J: 1
Interceptions... B: 19  J: 3

BINGO !!!

(10-31-2017, 07:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:56 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote: My guess is they are scared if Lewis because they saw the highlights of our London game. They should be scared of Lewis, if used properly like the Ravens game, you,saw what he could do.

They haven't watched enough to understand Lewis' impact (or lack thereof at times) but they recognize that he is a red zone threat.

(10-31-2017, 07:11 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The thing is Lewis has not played another game like the one in London this year. If Bungles fans watched #89 every week they would be less scared of him.

I would also say that he will double his TD total before the season is over.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I read those comments, and wonder if we are really are that good.

It's good to have opposing fans have a sense of dread when we are next on the schedule, as opposed to us being the NFL equivalent of a homecoming opponent.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-31-2017, 08:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I read those comments, and wonder if we are really that good.

It's good to have opposing fans have a sense of dread when we are next on the schedule, as opposed to us being the NFL equivalent of a homecoming opponent.

What? You know we are really that good on defense. The question is are the Bungles really that bad?

(10-31-2017, 08:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 08:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I read those comments, and wonder if we are really that good.

What? You know we are really that good on defense. The question is are the Bungles really that bad?

Why the hell are you telling someone else what they know?  That's absurd. 

Our run defense is still a major problem until it's not, therefore it's fair for any fan to have their doubts about how good (or not ) they are. Regardless of your assumptions. 

There's no need for you to project your assumptions onto other fans who have their own opinions. No one has to agree with your assessment of the team or anything else for that matter.

(10-31-2017, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 08:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What? You know we are really that good on defense. The question is are the Bungles really that bad?

Why the hell are you telling someone else what they know?  That's absurd. 

Our run defense is still a major problem until it's not, therefore it's fair for any fan to have their doubts about how good (or not ) they are. Regardless of your assumptions. 

There's no need for you to project your assumptions onto other fans who have their own opinions. No one has to agree with your assessment of the team or anything else for that matter.

For the record, the wonderment about whether we are really that good is as much a reflection of how long we have sucked and how little opposing teams fans thought of us for so long as it is a reflection of any lingering doubt about our defense.

But I do have a question for you, NYC.

Why do you even bother?

(10-31-2017, 09:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Why the hell are you telling someone else what they know?  That's absurd. 

For the record, the wonderment about whether we are really that good is as much a reflection of how long we have sucked and how little opposing teams fans thought of us for so long as it is a reflection of any lingering doubt about our defense.

Why do you even bother?

I often don't.  Only when I have a little time on my hands do I engage that stuff. 

At this point it's about making sure I'm able to honestly say "I tried" before finally giving up. 

Didn't mean to answer for you, or misrepresent your intent btw, but I'm pretty sure you know that.

(10-31-2017, 09:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 09:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: For the record, the wonderment about whether we are really that good is as much a reflection of how long we have sucked and how little opposing teams fans thought of us for so long as it is a reflection of any lingering doubt about our defense.

Why do you even bother?

I often don't.  Only when I have a little time on my hands do I engage that stuff. 

At this point it's about making sure I'm able to honestly say "I tried" before finally giving up. 

Didn't mean to answer for you, or misrepresent your intent btw, but I'm pretty sure you know that.

I know what you mean brother.  You've been doing a great job.

To get back on topic here, we all know what it's like to have struggled and sucked for so many seasons.  It's actually kind of an "honor" to have fans of opposing teams thinking and expressing the way that they do about our team.

Bullseye is right.  Are we really that good or do the Bengals really suck that bad?  I happen to think that it's a little of both and am looking at this game with some caution.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

LF27 having over two weeks off will help. Linder missing almost a month means I doubt he's still 100..any illnes that keeps you out that long includes Nausea vomiting and the big D. That makes it impossible to workout and keep weight up. Get the flu for a week and I guarantee you drop at least 5-10lbs. Still not worried about our O Line. I'd say their front 7 isn't as good as the Rams and if Bortles can at least stay within himself I think we can have a balanced playbook and move the ball and then take it away from them
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(10-31-2017, 09:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: To get back on topic here, we all know what it's like to have struggled and sucked for so many seasons.  It's actually kind of an "honor" to have fans of opposing teams thinking and expressing the way that they do about our team.

Bullseye is right.  Are we really that good or do the Bengals really suck that bad?  I happen to think that it's a little of both and am looking at this game with some caution.

We know our defense is really that good. The offense is full of question marks, but Leonard Fournette is not one of them. I have not read a single post about him being a future bust. I don't think the Bungles are as bad as their record because the first two weeks they had a horrible OC and firing him noticeably improved the offense, but that alone did not fix all of their problems surrounding Andy Dalton. I don't know what to think of their defense.

(10-31-2017, 09:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: For the record, the wonderment about whether we are really that good is as much a reflection of how long we have sucked and how little opposing teams fans thought of us for so long as it is a reflection of any lingering doubt about our defense.

Why do you even bother?

You didn't commit any foul or anything.

Just clarifying my statement.  Some doubt...some amazement about the switch from opposing teams fans looking at us with awe and fear instead of pity.  Just takes a little getting used to.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 03:46 AM by Bullseye.)

I got a laugh from this one...

Quote:1. start a go fund me page for Daltons family.

Laughing Laughing

Why do you even bother?

You know the saying "Quitters never win"?  Well this maybe the one case where quitting is winning.  Join the teal side we have cookies.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 02:53 PM by The Drifter.)

All I know is we're the 4.5 point Favorite

At Jacksonville -4.5 Cincinnati
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."