Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Among Teams Kicking Tires on Jarvis Landry

(10-31-2017, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Does anybody take this report seriously? Like, do you actually believe it is more than a rumor?

I think it is only a rumor, and that the Jags won't be making more moves before the deadline at 4pm.

Me too. The Marcell Dareus trade limits are ability to work out any other deals.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2017, 11:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Does anybody take this report seriously? Like, do you actually believe it is more than a rumor?

Landry is coming, imo. I'm buying the rumor, it makes too much sense and we know the team is looking to upgrade at WR
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

The other name I'm hearing is Hilton, but not a hope in hell that the Colts would trade him to us.

(10-31-2017, 11:57 AM)jagsfreak27 Wrote:

Landry is coming, IMO. I'm buying the rumor, it makes too much sense and we know the team is looking to upgrade at WR.

Making too much sense does not have any effect on the chances of it happening. And no, it does not make too much sense.

Before we go trading away valuable draft picks that we might need, how about we put Westbrook in the starting lineup and see what we've got? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but maybe he can be our own version of T.Y. Hilton, possibly better. We'll never know until we see him with the starters. I just think that given our QB situation and with all the money we've added to the cap, we might want to tread on the cautious side here. WR shouldn't even be a top priority until we get our QB situation straightened out.

(10-31-2017, 11:04 AM)Kane Wrote: The team is in "Fix everything except the QB" mode.
Bortles now has borderline elite d, and if they can add a weapon to the WR corp, along with DeDe... Blake (more so his fan club) will be all out of excuses.

I hope they make something happen...
WR... TE... another splash sure would make for some fun waves.

To me it really feels like they have a plan with the QB that may surprise us. 

You don't load up the team like this and start moving draft picks if you don't think you're in win now mode.

Either they think they can get it done with bortles, or something is up their sleeves.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-31-2017, 01:00 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:04 AM)Kane Wrote: The team is in "Fix everything except the QB" mode.
Bortles now has borderline elite d, and if they can add a weapon to the WR corp, along with DeDe... Blake (more so his fan club) will be all out of excuses.

You don't load up the team like this and start moving draft picks if you don't think you're in win now mode.

Either they think they can get it done with bortles, or something is up their sleeves.

If they think they can get it done with Bortles, I'm done. Bortles is the weak link on this team. I was a Bortles fan, but I have come to realize he is a backup at best. I've also finally gotten to a point where I believe we are a piece or two away from getting to a Superbowl in the next 3 years. I haven't been able to say that since Brunell was our QB. I don't wanna continue on trying to "cover up" a major flaw at QB. That's a good way to have it come back and bite you in the butt. Try to fix that flaw and move on. Given the amount of money we've been spending lately, the bill is gonna come due at some point and we're gonna have to make some hard decisions about some key players. We need to strike while the iron is hot. I truly believe in building via the draft and this is the deepest QB class I've seen in a while. We cannot afford to pass on getting one very early in this draft. I also don't believe we'll go after a high priced FA or trade for one. We cannot get to a point where we're up against the cap wall. I remember those days. It wasn't fun.

(10-31-2017, 01:00 PM)Achilles Wrote:

I think they went all-in with Bortles to start this season and have/had no intentions of doing anything regarding QB until the offseason. Upon playing better than expected the team is making moves to "win now" knowing if they get close, a new QB could be the only addition seriously needed to become perennial contenders.

Most teams don't make moves at QB mid-season. So they feel they can do enough to keep fans coming back and maybe add to their season ticket numbers next season.

Amazingly, they are trying to get better now, to win now, while also thinking about 2018 as a more realistic season to really make some noise.

If no one trades for Jarvis, Miami believes he will be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick in compensatory draft pick value the following season if they can't sign him reasonably. Supposedly, the Phins want a 2nd round pick for him, and no one is willing to give up a 2nd for a half season of Jarvis. The Phins told Jarvis today they have taken him off the table.

A 2nd for Jarvis when you just shipped off Ajayi for a 4th?

.....ok
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

do not want

(10-31-2017, 02:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: A 2nd for Jarvis when you just shipped off Ajayi for a 4th?

.....ok

Someone in Miami doesn't know how to evaluate players for trade. Landry isn't worth a 2nd round pick and Ajayi was worth more than a 4th round pick.

(10-31-2017, 12:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Before we go trading away valuable draft picks that we might need, how about we put Westbrook in the starting lineup and see what we've got? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but maybe he can be our own version of T.Y. Hilton, possibly better. We'll never know until we see him with the starters. I just think that given our QB situation and with all the money we've added to the cap, we might want to tread on the cautious side here. WR shouldn't even be a top priority until we get our QB situation straightened out.

I think today is the trade deadline... so we cant really wait and see what we have in westbrook.

(10-31-2017, 02:57 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I think today is the trade deadline...so we cant really wait and see what we have in Westbrook.

The deadline is in one hour.

Don't we have the cap room? I understand we need to lock up ARob next after getting Telvin but I believe we could still find room to sign him to a multi year 7-9mill contract in exchange for a fourth. I believe the Phins are looking for any ammo to move up to grab a QB in the first round..Landry would be a pretty good haul for a fourth. We aren't going to hit on every single pick and there's no guarantee that Westbrook is the answer. If we can get him here for a reasonable price then pull the trigger
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(10-31-2017, 03:14 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Don't we have the cap room? I understand we need to lock up ARob next after getting Telvin but I believe we could still find room to sign him to a multi year 7-9mill contract in exchange for a fourth. I believe the Phins are looking for any ammo to move up to grab a QB in the first round..Landry would be a pretty good haul for a fourth. We aren't going to hit on every single pick and there's no guarantee that Westbrook is the answer. If we can get him here for a reasonable price then pull the trigger

We need to save money for UFAs and draft picks next season.

Wide receivers do not have tires.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-31-2017, 02:57 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Before we go trading away valuable draft picks that we might need, how about we put Westbrook in the starting lineup and see what we've got? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but maybe he can be our own version of T.Y. Hilton, possibly better. We'll never know until we see him with the starters. I just think that given our QB situation and with all the money we've added to the cap, we might want to tread on the cautious side here. WR shouldn't even be a top priority until we get our QB situation straightened out.

I think today is the trade deadline... so we cant really wait and see what we have in westbrook.

I know, but what I mean is why even consider trading for a WR at this point? We have a highly touted WR on the roster who is just now coming back from injury and a QB who is so erratic that out head coach has said his perfect game would be one where we never threw the ball. That has to say something about his confidence or lack thereof in Bortles. I just think trading for a WR now, especially a possession WR, would be putting the cart before the horse.

Could of had Benjamin.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

FWIW -- Miami's FO told a local reporter that Landry was never on the block.

Strictly rumor.