Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Bengals talk: Bengals.com writer Geoff Hobson

Bengals talk: Bengals.com writer Geoff Hobson

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...61a03cd912

Senior writer John Oehser talks with longtime Bengals.com writer Geoff Hobson about the Bengals as they enter Sunday’s game against the Jaguars at EverBank Field in Jacksonville

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some good info on their secondary there from Hobson.

Kirkpatrick and Jackson (sometimes Adam Jones) are good corners.

Dennard at nickel is good too, but I think the plan may be to see what Hurns can do in the slot against him and also get some TEs matched up on Dennard at times too.

Not sure how much they'll trust Bortles to throw outside in this one. Wouldn't be surprised to see 40 rushing attempts split between LF, CI and TJY in this one. I'd expect a good number of quick RB passes as well.

I think the Bengals will line up to stop Leonard Fournette, and I think we must go downfield in response to back them out. Same old story.

(11-01-2017, 11:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the Bengals will line up to stop Leonard Fournette, and I think we must go downfield in response to back them out.  Same old story.

Just read on twitter that Cam Robinson wil be a full participant in practice today.

Assuming he does not aggravate the injury or otherwise have any set backs, we will be better equipped to do that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-01-2017, 11:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the Bengals will line up to stop Leonard Fournette, and I think we must go downfield in response to back them out.  Same old story.

I understand that will likely be the dynamic nearly every single week  -- I'm referring to just how many times the OC/HC feel comfortable actually trying it given Bortles accuracy inconsistencies and their desire to protect the ball. 

I like the idea of sending Lee deep from the X and Westbrook on a deep post from the Z and seeing if one of them can get behind coverage.  (RB and TE dump-offs available underneath)
What I don't like (as much)  is the proposition of Bortles identifying who to throw to and getting it there accurately. 

It's not that they won't throw downfield.  It's a matter of how many times they are really willing to roll the dice doing it. 

Ideally - those guys get open early and Blake shows enough accuracy that they trust him to keep throwing when necessary.  You'll have to pardon my skepticism though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 11:43 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

I would say take a chance once or twice to throw deep to West Brook if activated.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags