Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calvin Pryor To Return

(11-01-2017, 11:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 11:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What is that?

There's several rounds of cuts. You constantly post aimlessly, without merit and somehow are allowed to continue.

Show me several rounds of mandatory roster cuts IN AUGUST 2017.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rivera is not able to return this year

Tight end Mychal Rivera, out since July 31 with a hand injury, was placed on the injured reserve list. Because he was not on the initial 53-man roster, he is ineligible to be reinstated to the roster this year.

(11-02-2017, 12:33 AM)newporttom Wrote: Rivera is not able to return this year

Tight end Mychal Rivera, out since July 31 with a hand injury, was placed on the injured reserve list. Because he was not on the initial 53-man roster, he is ineligible to be reinstated to the roster this year.

A hand injury? In other words he wasn't gonna make the roster so just IR him.

(11-01-2017, 10:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 09:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: But he's not better than the starters at his position(s). 

Rivera is a better receiving TE than anyone on our roster. You don't see many passes going to Koyack or O'Shaughnessy, but if our two-TE set were Lewis and Rivera, then you'd likely see Rivera get some targets. 

Pryor will just be a back-up to Church and Gipson and maybe a ST player. (He's played both safety positions in the past)

I liked O'Shaungnessey during the Texans game. He caught everything, maybe had one drop
. After that he seemed to disappear.

Because of our run-first scheme, the impact of Gipson or Church getting hurt is greater than that of any receiving TE missing a game.

Yeah...... He had 1 catch, on 1 target.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-02-2017, 12:42 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 12:33 AM)newporttom Wrote: Rivera is not able to return this year

A hand injury? In other words he wasn't gonna make the roster so just IR him.

Could have been a broken hand. You aren't going to trot out your receiving TE with a club.

Would we be better off with a U Jack?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-01-2017, 10:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 09:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: But he's not better than the starters at his position(s). 

Rivera is a better receiving TE than anyone on our roster. You don't see many passes going to Koyack or O'Shaughnessy, but if our two-TE set were Lewis and Rivera, then you'd likely see Rivera get some targets. 

Pryor will just be a back-up to Church and Gipson and maybe a ST player. (He's played both safety positions in the past)

I liked O'Shaughnessey during the Texans game. He caught everything, maybe had one drop. After that he seemed to disappear.

Because of our run-first scheme, the impact of Gipson or Church getting hurt is greater than that of any receiving TE missing a game.

lol O'Shaungnessy had 1 catch during the Houston game.

Bad move Allen Robinson might of been ready for the Super Bowl.

(11-02-2017, 08:01 AM)myrick31 Wrote: Bad move Allen Robinson might of been ready for the Super Bowl.

He might HAVE but I doubt he would HAVE.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-02-2017, 12:29 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 11:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
The Thomas thing is too ridiculous. I can't bother. Hackett had him for two games and he'd underperformed his entire tenure as a Jag prior.
  Terrible example. Has no bearing on current situation. 

You are just speculating that IF they had a true receiving TE they still wouldn't use him as such. Again - I think that's ridiculous. 

No - I'm not talking about a few plays. Marcedes is averaging 3 targets per game and he is NOT a receiving TE. 
Rivera is a receiving TE. 
Marrone went on about the difference between the two types of TEs in an offseason presser. 
It stands to reason that if they actually had a receiving TE, they'd be targeting him more than they have Lewis.

His entire tenure? You mean the whole 2 years? lol. The Thomas thing is not ridiculous. He is ultimately a pass catching tight end and superior in that category to anything we have on the roster right now. If we felt we could use him more efficiently we could have retained him in this system. It wasn't necessary and he can't block. He couldn't stay healthy either but he just didn't fit in here to keep around.  

I'm not saying they wouldn't use a true receiving TE. I just don't think it's a big deal to them with what they're doing. I mean if it was they would've gotten some other proven commodity through FA, draft or trade or at least kept Julius. Rivera hasn't done squat here. He may never even play for us. 

If you're incorporating a passing TE then you aren't throwing the ball to Lewis. O'Shauhnessy/Koyack are the guys you'd be throwing it to. Not the slowest TE on the team. To me that's just borderline trickery. Honestly, if Rivera wasn't on IR I didn't think he would even make the team over Koyack, tbh. 3 targets a game is not a lot, either. Compare that to how many times the TE's are blocking in the game. Based on what's been shown that's just the way it seems right now to me in where the importance truly lies in what we're doing.

But you can argue it both ways, I guess.

It's just the two bolded parts I disagree on the most. 

Thomas was part of a trade becuase they needed an upgrade on the line and he had been a disappointment in the PRIOR system. He never actually saw the field under Marrone/Hackett due to injury.  So there's no way to say how they may have used him. 

I think they had every intention of pairing Rivera with Lewis this year and still value him and his cheap contract next year -- which is why he's on the team's IR, getting paid, and not on the street after an injury settlement. 

Anyway - I think Hackett would use a receiving TE more than you think he would. No big deal. We can let the thread move back on topic in polite disagreement I'm sure. 

On topic:  

I wonder if Pryor will see the field on special teams soon? 

I suppose he'd see the defensive field in the ultra-rare dime package  -- and he'd become the primary back-up safety ahead of Thompson, but I don't see him unseating Church or Gip anytime soon.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 01:03 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Nice also nice the Dede is not not even on the injury report, so he is def 100%

nvm they are not fully activated yet so they dont go on the injury report
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Good points NYC. Would be interesting if we drafted a well rounded TE

(11-02-2017, 01:33 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Good points NYC. Would be interesting if we drafted a well rounded TE

I sure hope we do.  I was hoping they'd land Sprinkle or Kittle in the last draft. Both went in the fifth. ( Kittle is looking good and Sprinkle is still figuring it out. )

(11-02-2017, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:33 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Good points NYC. Would be interesting if we drafted a well rounded TE

I sure hope we do.  I was hoping they'd land Sprinkle or Kittle in the last draft. Both went in the fifth. ( Kittle is looking good and Sprinkle is still figuring it out. )

Sprinkle and Kittles.  Sounds like a breakfast cereal...or cat food.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Pryor's from South Florida, went to Louisville and played with Teddy Bridgewater and many others from South Florida 

... any wonder how Louisville got to be a decent football team?  can't understand why my idiotic team (Pitt) doesn't recruit in Florida.  Dang WVU practically has scouting all over the state here but Pitt still thinks the best football players are within 60 miles of their campus (and they can't even get the best out of there anymore with PSU, WVU, and Ohio State hovering around.

.... venting period over

(11-02-2017, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I really wanted Kittle, and still do think he will be good, but he's not looking real good so far. I believe he has more drops than anybody in the league. He had one productive game I believe. The one where beathard replaced hoyer mid-game.

Had no idea we had him lol

(11-01-2017, 11:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 11:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What is that?

There's several rounds of cuts. You constantly post aimlessly, without merit and somehow are allowed to continue.

Shes aiming for -1000, its the only way I make sense of anything JW posts.

Yea thinking if he works out. Could be Gipson replacement a few years down line?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-02-2017, 12:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 11:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: There's several rounds of cuts. You constantly post aimlessly, without merit and somehow are allowed to continue.

Show me several rounds of mandatory roster cuts IN AUGUST 2017.

Well played JW!

You just totally schooled JaG4LyFe.
'02