Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brazile says DNC rigged primary for Hillary

(11-10-2017, 01:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 12:55 PM)Kane Wrote:

So... you think the government should regulate procreation? (I'm against more gov't regulation... but I must admit, I really like the idea of stupid people not having babies)
Interesting.....

I think they should just stop rewarded bad choices. You don't get free stuff because you chose to have a bunch of kids with a bunch of losers that don't wanna pay child support.
You should not be rewarded for being unemployed. It should be HARDER to get assistance. The government should hand out jobs instead of food stamps.
You shouldn't be punished (taxation of wages) for working

Absolutely, because some people are too dumb to regulate themselves.

Quote:Someone needs to PAY for alllllll these kids. Someone needs to be held accountable! 

Wallbash
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2017, 06:31 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 01:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely, because some people are too dumb to regulate themselves.

Quote:Someone needs to PAY for alllllll these kids. Someone needs to be held accountable! 

Wallbash

[Image: Nfwb2x5.gif]

She and the multiple "baby daddies" she slept with, need to be held accountable. She should've kept her legs closed!

(11-10-2017, 05:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 03:41 PM)Kane Wrote: Children's best teachers aren't in your public schools and private universities... (as they are tainted with government money)
You are your child's best teacher. You teach them right from wrong and set a good example. Everything else is on them once they hit adulthood.

If a young teen ends up preggo... guess who's fault that is... the parents.
Your kid shoots up a school? Your fault.. should have been a better parent.
Your kid gets drunk underage... your fault.

I'd say if you got that loose, your parents were too loose... and you are right, you're lucky to have dodged the "bullets"

And instantly all the gun crime goes away! lol

Wrong! The best parents in the world can have bad kids. Period. Thinking the parents are at fault for everything their kids do is just ignorant. Placing too many restrictions on kids will just make them rebel or turn into a psychopath. One of my friends in school had extremely religious and strict parents. Extremely. He rebelled big time. He snuck out of the house, totaled 3 cars, ended up in the drunk tank one time and each time, his punishments got worse, he did something even more rebellious. He went into the military after high school and got hooked on drugs. He also started abusing steroids as well. He went in to the Army weighing about 140 lbs. and came back almost 200 lbs. of muscle and the most erratic mood swings I've ever seen. He would have violent fits where he wanted to fight everyone. It certainly wasn't his parents fault. Heck, by your logic it would be the military's fault for his drug addiction, because he didn't have it before he went in. Life isn't just black and white. You can teach your kids the "right way" to do things all you want, but if they decide they don't wanna do things "your way" free will kicks in and no matter how good of parents they had, they will do what they want. 

As for my parents, obviously you've never met them. If you did, you'd change your tune. It sounds like you've lived a pretty sheltered life to have such one dimensional ideas about parenting.

As for the waiting periods and background checks on gun buyers, I never said they would cause all gun crimes to disappear, but if it stopped just one, it would be worth it.

Anecdote =/= data and no, it wouldn't be worth it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2017, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 05:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wrong! The best parents in the world can have bad kids. Period. Thinking the parents are at fault for everything their kids do is just ignorant. Placing too many restrictions on kids will just make them rebel or turn into a psychopath. One of my friends in school had extremely religious and strict parents. Extremely. He rebelled big time. He snuck out of the house, totaled 3 cars, ended up in the drunk tank one time and each time, his punishments got worse, he did something even more rebellious. He went into the military after high school and got hooked on drugs. He also started abusing steroids as well. He went in to the Army weighing about 140 lbs. and came back almost 200 lbs. of muscle and the most erratic mood swings I've ever seen. He would have violent fits where he wanted to fight everyone. It certainly wasn't his parents fault. Heck, by your logic it would be the military's fault for his drug addiction, because he didn't have it before he went in. Life isn't just black and white. You can teach your kids the "right way" to do things all you want, but if they decide they don't wanna do things "your way" free will kicks in and no matter how good of parents they had, they will do what they want. 

As for my parents, obviously you've never met them. If you did, you'd change your tune. It sounds like you've lived a pretty sheltered life to have such one dimensional ideas about parenting.

As for the waiting periods and background checks on gun buyers, I never said they would cause all gun crimes to disappear, but if it stopped just one, it would be worth it.

Anecdote =/= data and no, it wouldn't be worth it.

So, you have no regard for human life? Can't be bothered with a pesky waiting period, if it may keep some kid from dying somewhere? Why are you so against it? Do you have something to hide? I've always believed that the only people against background checks are the ones that have something in their past that they don't want others knowing about. That's the only reasonable explanation IMO.

(11-10-2017, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Anecdote =/= data and no, it wouldn't be worth it.

So, you have no regard for human life? Can't be bothered with a pesky waiting period, if it may keep some kid from dying somewhere? Why are you so against it? Do you have something to hide? I've always believed that the only people against background checks are the ones that have something in their past that they don't want others knowing about. That's the only reasonable explanation IMO.

I believe that the highest regard for human life comes from providing for its defense, of which personal defense through the possession of firearms is the highest form. I have always believed that those who are for gun control (yes, your limits are exactly that) are simple tyrants looking for easy ways to exploit their fellow man. Those who claim to be anti-gun or pro-gun control or in favor of "common sense gun regulation" are really just in favor of the concentration of firearms in the hands of a small cadre of the elite, foolishly believing that they will always be a part of that small circle. Guns will always exist, if they must exist then I will demand to always be in control of them, because I know the horrific outcomes we will inevitably see if we the People are not.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

HRC tries to work her party's system to get the nomination and Trumpers say "that's cheating!" Trump's campaign collaborates with an enemy foreign government and that's just being "in it to win it". Gotcha.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-10-2017, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Anecdote =/= data and no, it wouldn't be worth it.

History has shown us time and time again that background checks lead to regulation which leads to confiscation which leads submission.  Feel free to completely trust your government though after all they have your best interest at heart.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-10-2017, 06:31 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 01:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely, because some people are too dumb to regulate themselves.

Wallbash

My gawd, her womb must resemble a speed bag.

(11-10-2017, 11:23 PM)copycat Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So, you have no regard for human life? Can't be bothered with a pesky waiting period, if it may keep some kid from dying somewhere? Why are you so against it? Do you have something to hide? I've always believed that the only people against background checks are the ones that have something in their past that they don't want others knowing about. That's the only reasonable explanation IMO.

History has shown us time and time again that background checks lead to regulation which leads to confiscation which leads submission.  Feel free to completely trust your government though after all they have your best interest at heart.

Can you give an example of that from history?

(11-11-2017, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 11:23 PM)copycat Wrote: History has shown us time and time again that background checks lead to regulation which leads to confiscation which leads submission.  Feel free to completely trust your government though after all they have your bybest interest at heart.

Can you give an example of that from history?

Turkey, 1911

Russia, 1929

China, 1935

Germany, '38

Cambodia, '56

Guatemala, '64

Uganda, '70

More than 56 MILLION people legally exterminated by their governments in those countries within 20 years of losing their guns.

(11-11-2017, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can you give an example of that from history?

Turkey, 1911

Russia, 1929

China, 1935

Germany, '38

Cambodia, '56

Guatemala, '64

Uganda, '70

More than 56 MILLION people legally exterminated by their governments in those countries within 20 years of losing their guns.

So my question was about the following statement: 

"History has shown us time and time again that background checks lead to regulation which leads to confiscation which leads submission."

Are you saying that those examples you provided are examples of how background checks prior to purchase of a weapon led to mass slaughter of civilians?

(11-11-2017, 11:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Turkey, 1911

Russia, 1929

China, 1935

Germany, '38

Cambodia, '56

Guatemala, '64

Uganda, '70

"History has shown us time and time again that background checks lead to regulation which leads to confiscation which leads submission."

Are you saying that those examples you provided are examples of how background checks prior to purchase of a weapon led to mass slaughter of civilians?

Yes, background checks are used for exactly the same reason, incremental steps to full confiscation.

Are you a Jew? Armenian? A Christian? A scholar? A teacher?

Background check says you get to die.

(11-11-2017, 11:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Turkey, 1911

Russia, 1929

China, 1935

Germany, '38

Cambodia, '56

Guatemala, '64

Uganda, '70

lol ... because all those examples are so analogous to America in 2017. People who have no argument seem to think that any analogy is better than none.

It just makes them look desperate.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(11-11-2017, 01:29 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 11:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So my question was about the following statement: 

lol ... because all those examples are so analogous to America in 2017. People who have no argument seem to think that any analogy is better than none.

Fools who don't appreciate history and refuse to learn from it will relive it in their own days. America will be different because of our Constututional rights so long as we keep people like you from removing them.

(11-11-2017, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can you give an example of that from history?

Turkey, 1911

Russia, 1929

China, 1935

Germany, '38

Cambodia, '56

Guatemala, '64

Uganda, '70

Thank you!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-10-2017, 05:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 03:41 PM)Kane Wrote: Children's best teachers aren't in your public schools and private universities... (as they are tainted with government money)
You are your child's best teacher. You teach them right from wrong and set a good example. Everything else is on them once they hit adulthood.

If a young teen ends up preggo... guess who's fault that is... the parents.
Your kid shoots up a school? Your fault.. should have been a better parent.
Your kid gets drunk underage... your fault.

I'd say if you got that loose, your parents were too loose... and you are right, you're lucky to have dodged the "bullets"

And instantly all the gun crime goes away! lol

Wrong! The best parents in the world can have bad kids. Period. Thinking the parents are at fault for everything their kids do is just ignorant. Placing too many restrictions on kids will just make them rebel or turn into a psychopath. One of my friends in school had extremely religious and strict parents. Extremely. He rebelled big time. He snuck out of the house, totaled 3 cars, ended up in the drunk tank one time and each time, his punishments got worse, he did something even more rebellious. He went into the military after high school and got hooked on drugs. He also started abusing steroids as well. He went in to the Army weighing about 140 lbs. and came back almost 200 lbs. of muscle and the most erratic mood swings I've ever seen. He would have violent fits where he wanted to fight everyone. It certainly wasn't his parents fault. Heck, by your logic it would be the military's fault for his drug addiction, because he didn't have it before he went in. Life isn't just black and white. You can teach your kids the "right way" to do things all you want, but if they decide they don't wanna do things "your way" free will kicks in and no matter how good of parents they had, they will do what they want. 

No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.
The adult you are today has very bit to do with how your parents raised you. Good or bad. Social impact is the biggest key to who you become.

In one way or another your parents have 100% responsibility of who you become. 
You can give parents a pass if you wish... but I think you're letting them off too easy

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 06:46 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-13-2017, 06:11 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 05:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wrong! The best parents in the world can have bad kids. Period. Thinking the parents are at fault for everything their kids do is just ignorant. Placing too many restrictions on kids will just make them rebel or turn into a psychopath. One of my friends in school had extremely religious and strict parents. Extremely. He rebelled big time. He snuck out of the house, totaled 3 cars, ended up in the drunk tank one time and each time, his punishments got worse, he did something even more rebellious. He went into the military after high school and got hooked on drugs. He also started abusing steroids as well. He went in to the Army weighing about 140 lbs. and came back almost 200 lbs. of muscle and the most erratic mood swings I've ever seen. He would have violent fits where he wanted to fight everyone. It certainly wasn't his parents fault. Heck, by your logic it would be the military's fault for his drug addiction, because he didn't have it before he went in. Life isn't just black and white. You can teach your kids the "right way" to do things all you want, but if they decide they don't wanna do things "your way" free will kicks in and no matter how good of parents they had, they will do what they want. 

No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.
The adult you are today has very bit to do with how your parents raised you. Good or bad. Social impact is the biggest key to who you become.

In one way or another your parents have 100% responsibility of who you become. 
You can give parents a pass if you wish... but I think you're letting them off too easy

Those are the key words, "You think". It's simply your opinion and it can't be proven. Parents do have influence over their kids, most of the time. I'm not arguing that, but there are some kids that could be parented by Ghandi and Mother Theresa and they'd still end up in jail. Some people are just born bad.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 05:18 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-03-2017, 09:17 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: As much as I have turned to dislike Trump, this is the part I find most interesting.  The Democratic party is the most corrupt organization there is and somehow they will be given a pass from the voters that are within it.  

Bernie would have had less a chance to win than Hillary would have.  His policies were garbage.

I actually disagree about Bernie having less of a chance. He had a much more positive image from start to finish than Hillary, and you know the Democrats would have showed up just as much for him as for Hilliary and he would have actually stolen some of Trumps voters. The DNC basically decided to lose when they took Hilliary over all others. 

She was predestined to be the candidate, but in a poetic payback for her colossal amount of arrogance and general disdain for everyone, she lost and is now being tossed to the trash heap by her party (cause not even the democrats actually liked her). Sometimes the chickens really do come to roost.

(11-11-2017, 01:29 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 11:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So my question was about the following statement: 

Aren't Democrats the ones advocating that electing Trump is like electing Hitler? Using their own logic 1938 Germany would be perfectly analogous to today.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.