Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Total Offensive ranking

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Up to 9 overall

They are #1 in passing defense,and it's not close

I can only think with Westbrook and Fournette coming back it we can only go up from here

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hard to imagine we have a top 10 offense, along with a top 5 defense.

This team is doing so well ... I just can't cope.

I swear, I thought I would be dead by the time this group would tun the corner.
You're Welcome.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-05-2017, 10:29 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: This team is doing so well ... I just can't cope.

Enter Tom, and Doug at head coach and this looks like a complete different franchise.

Pinch me I’m dreaming. It’s so nice to not be talking about the draft and who is getting fired in November

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:34 PM by Eric1.)

(11-05-2017, 10:27 PM)jagboss Wrote: Hard to imagine we have a top 10 offense, along with a top 5 defense.

And to think that this team had absolutely no business losing that Jets game and honestly shouldn't have lost against the Rams either. This team could very easily be 7-1 right now

(11-05-2017, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 10:29 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: This team is doing so well ... I just can't cope.

Enter Tom, and Doug at head coach and this looks like a complete different franchise.

The talent has been here, they've just had no discipline, or direction the past 2-3 years. They have both now.

(11-05-2017, 10:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 10:27 PM)jagboss Wrote: Hard to imagine we have a top 10 offense, along with a top 5 defense.

And to think that this team had absolutely no business losing that Jets game and honestly shouldn't have lost against the Rams either. This team could very easily be 7-1 right now

(11-05-2017, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Enter Tom, and Doug at head coach and this looks like a complete different franchise.

The talent has been here, they've just had no discipline, or direction the past 2-3 years. They have both now.

yep

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 05:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

up to 8th, ahead of teams like the Steelers and Falcons

That ranking is rubbish as far as comparing offenses goes. First of all, it's only ranked on total points scored and secondly total points scored includes points scored on defense and special teams. Jags are one of the best teams in the league scoring on defense. The point is, if you only looked at points generated on offense for the entire league, the Jags would probably be ranked some where in the middle of the pack. The truth? We have a top rushing attack and a bottom feeder passing attack. Those two things don't equal top 8 offense.

(11-22-2017, 10:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That ranking is rubbish as far as comparing offenses goes.  First of all, it's only ranked on total points scored and secondly total points scored includes points scored on defense and special teams.  Jags are one of the best teams in the league scoring on defense.  The point is, if you only looked at points generated on offense for the entire league, the Jags would probably be ranked some where in the middle of the pack.  The truth?  We have a top rushing attack and a bottom feeder passing attack.  Those two things don't equal top 8 offense.

The ranking is by total yards.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-22-2017, 10:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That ranking is rubbish as far as comparing offenses goes.  First of all, it's only ranked on total points scored and secondly total points scored includes points scored on defense and special teams.  Jags are one of the best teams in the league scoring on defense.  The point is, if you only looked at points generated on offense for the entire league, the Jags would probably be ranked some where in the middle of the pack.  The truth?  We have a top rushing attack and a bottom feeder passing attack.  Those two things don't equal top 8 offense.

Top scoring offenses:

Philadelphia, LA Rams, New Orleans, New England, Detroit, and Houston.

Top scoring defenses:

Jacksonville, Detroit, Philadelphia, Houston, New Orleans is 9th, Rams are 12th, and New England is last.

They're scoring on defense too...

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 11:39 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(11-22-2017, 10:39 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

The ranking is by total yards.

Mea culpe.  They're 8th in total points scored too which was the first column on Pro Football Reference's total offense ranking and I assumed it was sorted as such.  Either way this doesn't feel like one of the best 8 offenses in the league to me and there are several stats to support that most important of which is their ranking of 16th in offensive point output.  I wouldn't say they should be ranked as the 16th best offense in the league, but I can hardly put them top 8 if the objective of the offense is to score points.

EDIT: Jags are 16th in offensive point output, not 20th. I'm not having a good night, but the point remains.

Need to get Omameh and Parnell back to keep this thing rolling IMO. ( regardless of which stat we are analyzing offensively)

(11-23-2017, 12:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Need to get Omameh and Parnell back to keep this thing rolling IMO. ( regardless of which stat we are analyzing offensively)

Omameh is nice but i dont think he is no where near as important as Parnell. We have other players that can play LG at a high level imo but RT not so much

(11-22-2017, 11:19 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 10:39 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The ranking is by total yards.

Mea culpe.  They're 8th in total points scored too which was the first column on Pro Football Reference's total offense ranking and I assumed it was sorted as such.  Either way this doesn't feel like one of the best 8 offenses in the league to me and there are several stats to support that most important of which is their ranking of 16th in offensive point output.  I wouldn't say they should be ranked as the 16th best offense in the league, but I can hardly put them top 8 if the objective of the offense is to score points.

EDIT:  Jags are 16th in offensive point output, not 20th.  I'm not having a good night, but the point remains.

You can put it at what ever you want.  We are 8th in the league in ypg which means we are moving the football.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017, 08:03 AM by SeldomRite.)

The defense is really helping the offense this year. The Jaguars are at the top of the heap this year at time of possession and a big part of that is all of the quick three and outs the defense is forcing.