Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The flight of Obama's dog ... revisited

(11-08-2017, 02:01 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 10:40 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Dogs aren't part of the family no matter how many weak people want to say they are.

Fur babies. Ugh. They are animals. Keep them at home like most frigging people.

EDIT:

Example: If my son bites my other son he gets in trouble. If my dog bites my son he gets his neck broken.

You don't actually own a dog, do you?
I sure hope not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2017, 03:34 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 01:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've always wanted a mastiff, but I get too attached to my pets and I can't own a dog with such a short life expectancy. They are beautiful dogs though. A friend of mine had one and she was a big baby. She thought she was a lap dog. I currently have two lab mixes.

That's what I was thinking. How did this cost anything?

She's an Italian Mastiff, so she's more athletic than other mastiffs, lives longer on average, but she's not as big.

I'm not sure why the staff needed to be there on vacation with them. If it's common practice to fly in a literal plane-load of people for Presidential vacations then I suppose there isn't much to argue. But I'd guess that it isn't that common.

They call them "vacations," but the President of the United States does not ever really take a vacation.  They may change their location, but they are always on duty, working.  That's probably why some of the staff went along.

(11-07-2017, 02:42 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 10:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Nice. I love it when anyone refers to someone's physical appearance from the anonymity of a keyboard. If only spouse photos were required avatars.

Is that different from those “Orange Emporer” comments?

Michelle is ugly, and Trump is orange. Some things just are what they are.

Orange isn't an insult, it's an observation. The man has all the resources of the world at his disposal, yet still wakes up in the morning, sees what he sees in the mirror, and continues to be orange.

it's easy to call someone ugly when we don't have a picture to see if there's room to talk.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-09-2017, 11:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 02:42 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is that different from those “Orange Emporer” comments?

Orange isn't an insult, it's an observation. The man has all the resources of the world at his disposal, yet still wakes up in the morning, sees what he sees in the mirror, and continues to be orange.

it's easy to call someone ugly when we don't have a picture to see if there's room to talk.

Ugly is just an observation
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-07-2017, 08:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 05:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why is this a story? The family went on vacation and took the dog. He's part of the family too.Whether or not the dog flew with them or separately is meaningless. Where's the controversy?

You don't think the cost of a separate charter flight just for the family dog at the taxpayer's expense is of concern?

(11-07-2017, 09:46 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 05:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why is this a story? The family went on vacation and took the dog. He's part of the family too.Whether or not the dog flew with them or separately is meaningless. Where's the controversy?

You think it's OK to fly your dog to vacation with you while paying with someone else's money? 

Look, I don't care that Obama wants to vacation, but why the hell does a dog need to vacation with him?

(11-08-2017, 11:51 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 01:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

The dog is part of the family. Period.

Dude, I have 3 myself and love dogs. My 110 pound mastiff sleeps with my wife and me every night. 

You don't fly in a dog on tax-payer money, and you don't fly in staff members so you can get your dog there too.

There is no proof the plane was scheduled specifically for the dog.
- Bob Marley

(11-09-2017, 11:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 11:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Orange isn't an insult, it's an observation. The man has all the resources of the world at his disposal, yet still wakes up in the morning, sees what he sees in the mirror, and continues to be orange.

Ugly is just an observation

Used as an insult.
- Bob Marley

(11-09-2017, 11:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote: There is no proof the plane was scheduled specifically for the dog.

You mean we could all be barking up the wrong plane?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-07-2017, 02:42 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is that different from those “Orange Emporer” comments?

My being the ugliest man on Earth doesn't make her any prettier, only tequila can do that.

It's nothing at all like people who live incredibly lavish lifestyles telling us plebes we have to give up our luxuries to stop the apocalypse, that's called hypocrisy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2017, 07:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My being the ugliest man on Earth doesn't make her any prettier, only tequila can do that.

Sometimes it's more than just tequila that makes a woman prettier, proximity to closing time can be a huge factor.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

You call him the Orange Emperor. This isn't used to flatter him. As dumb as that orange tan looks, he thinks it looks fine or he wouldn't do it. You and I both know that it's an insult on his appearance in the same way calling Michelle ugly can be considered one. 

You're right it's easy. There are normal standards for beauty. Michelle doesn't meet those.

(11-10-2017, 02:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 11:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Orange isn't an insult, it's an observation. The man has all the resources of the world at his disposal, yet still wakes up in the morning, sees what he sees in the mirror, and continues to be orange.

You call him the Orange Emperor. This isn't used to flatter him. As dumb as that orange tan looks, he thinks it looks fine or he wouldn't do it. You and I both know that it's an insult on his appearance in the same way calling Michelle ugly can be considered one. 

You're right it's easy. There are normal standards for beauty. Michelle doesn't meet those.

You may know it, I don't. I'm just pointing out his orangeness, you're the one equating it with an insult. As you said, his orange tan looks dumb, but he chooses it. What can Michelle Obama do about her looks, and how is your childish observation about something she can do nothing about make you feel better when you choose it to insult?

Define beauty. Is a good mother, loyal wife beautiful? She's so smart, dumber wives plagiarize her speeches.
- Bob Marley

(11-10-2017, 08:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: You may know it, I don't. I'm just pointing out his orangeness, you're the one equating it with an insult. As you said, his orange tan looks dumb, but he chooses it. What can Michelle Obama do about her looks, and how is your childish observation about something she can do nothing about make you feel better when you choose it to insult?

Define beauty. Is a good mother, loyal wife beautiful? She's so smart, dumber wives plagiarize her speeches.

Do you think everyone on the internet is stupid? Orange Emperor is not a friendly nickname. You took his appearance and used it to insult him. 

If I were to call you a handicapped liberal, would you feel as though I'm demeaning you or simply noting an observation? After all, I'm just pointing it out. I'm not even sure you believe this excuse or you're just trying to justify what you said. 

You're just pointing it out, but you agree that it's dumb. And you aren't insulting his appearance... ?

I don't know what she can do about her looks. Being able to change's one's appearance hasn't been a requirement for beauty. This is something you're using to reach your own conclusion. Being a good mother and loyal wife make you a good person. It doesn't make you beautiful. Since you're changing the way words are used, I'm sure you do though.