Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Hernandez suffered from most severe CTE ever found in a person his age

My question is at what point did this all start happening?  When he was a baby?  A kid?  Pop Warner football?  Youth football?  There has to be more baseline testing done on people of all ages to know exactly where this is happening.  "Normal" people do heinous acts every day, and don't use CTE as an excuse for it.

I understand there are some players that had serious mental and psychological issues from CTE (Junior Seau and Mike Webster), but the guys that are playing now know the risks.  I know when I was playing we thought we were all set with the helmet.  The guys (and parents of kids) playing now know they can never be completely safe.

He had issues in high school and college so this was not an NFL issue, yet the girlfriend is suing the NFL like it was their fault. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/aa...1e8ef62843

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah... CTE probably can cause a lot of mental anguish...pain... all sorts of terrible issues. I hope they can figure out a way to look into it before death...
Also... Children younger than 13-14 probably should just play flag football... teach them the basics of teamwork and sportsmanship... routes and throwing and running... contact isn't needed until HS ball, imo.

This would surely put tackling back much in the way soft training camps have... but safety should be priority...

Back on the topic of Hernandez....
dude was a punk and a thug day 1 from his UF days... I imagine it goes back to High School... and probably before that...
I don't think the CTE is why he decided to kill people...or himself

Still so little known about CTE because the vast majority of people who die aren't autopsies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017, 11:12 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

There is an assumption that CTE comes from trauma like football behind this as well (its in the name). However drug addicts and the like also get encephalopathy etc. There is a definite need for more research and more autopsies. Encephalopathy = injury to the brain, so almost anything can cause.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

It’s really not saying very much with all those qualifiers. “His age” “We’ve studied” not a lot of people meet that criteria. Really a sensationalist headline. CTE is real and bad, but it sounds like they’re trying to garner sympathy for a truly terrible person who got what he deserved in the end.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 10:48 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Given the revelation that he had a close boyfriend in prison, I'd imagine the CTE probably started with him banging his head against the headboard as [insert names here] were taking him up the [BLEEP]

(11-13-2017, 10:46 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Given the revelation that he had a close boyfriend in prison, I'd imagine the CTE probably started with him banging his head against the headboard as [insert names here] were taking him up the [BLEEP]

That’s uhhh... pretty distasteful