Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wildcard Possibilities

I'm looking ahead, super bowl.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2017, 01:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 01:13 PM)D6 Wrote: Though I disagree with you regarding the Ravens only having one losable game,  they do hold the head to head tiebreaker for a wildcard spot with the Raiders.  That could prove huge,  as they could easily be the two teams that battle it out for the AFC final playoff spot.  The Jaguars could realistically end up hosting either team on Wildcard Weekend.
I mean I know we roasted the Ravens last time but I would not want to play them in the playoffs.

I can understand why,  considering the Ravens experience,  including having a long history of winning road playoff games.  Joe Flacco is almost certainly somewhere in the top 5 QBs of all time when it comes to road playoff wins.  Flacco seems to raise his level of play in the playoffs.  Whether they can overcome their numerous season ending injuries remains to be seen.

Totally on board with the week to week approach. Despite the game being ruff yesterday and people giving flack for third/fourth quarters. It showed that even with injuries and questionable reffs we should be in a position to finish with some sort of playoff birth
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

How are the Ravens even in the playoff hunt? They are so terrible and have a myriad of holes all over the team

(11-13-2017, 06:10 PM)JNev Wrote: How are the Ravens even in the playoff hunt? They are so terrible and have a myriad of holes all over the team

The have a lot of talent, injuries have killed them the last few years.

(11-13-2017, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 06:10 PM)JNev Wrote: How are the Ravens even in the playoff hunt? They are so terrible and have a myriad of holes all over the team

The have a lot of talent, injuries have killed them the last few years.

Their offense has thenleast amount of talent on a team I've seen in years. Even the browns have a lot more talent on offense than they do

Week to week approach for me..

I dream of the playoffs but I'm trying to remain level-headed...

...although, that's proving hard.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

The AFC is pretty weak top to bottom this year. It’s hard to find a deserving 6th team right now.

Sucks that the Tenn. game is away on Dec. 31. That'd be an awesome game to attend.
Here we go again

(11-13-2017, 08:55 PM)Preach Wrote: Sucks that the Tenn. game is away on Dec. 31. That'd be an awesome game to attend.

We ruined their Christmas last year.  Let's ruin their New Year's this year.   Banana Banana Banana

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 11:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-13-2017, 11:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: .

never thought about it that way

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 11:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Just seen this stat, talking about the rest of our games.  Saying if we only lose to the Seahawks the rest of the way we have a 98% of getting a bye in the playoffs

Quote:Meanwhile, 5-2 just feels realistic. If they pull that off (with losses to the Seahawks and Titans), the Jaguars still have a 49 percent chance of securing a bye. If they only lose to the Titans, the number jumps to about 70 percent. Only lose to the Seahawks and the number skyrockets to 98 percent.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-p...ayoff-bye/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Titans win Thursday aren't they the 1st seed? And then if the Jaguars somehow take the division it could realistically be for the 1st seed. What is this craziness?

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 11:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-13-2017, 11:30 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Titans win Thursday aren't they the 1st seed?  And then if the Jaguars somehow take the division it could realistically be for the 1st seed.  What is this craziness?

No, NE only has 2 losses

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 11:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

[Image: TcHPK-el5zqQqxAx6mTOT89xubHV32EUH6VRJkp5...78f6b53c26]

(11-13-2017, 11:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: TcHPK-el5zqQqxAx6mTOT89xubHV32EUH6VRJkp5...78f6b53c26]

I really wish my wife was a Jags fan
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-13-2017, 11:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 11:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: TcHPK-el5zqQqxAx6mTOT89xubHV32EUH6VRJkp5...78f6b53c26]

I really wish my wife was a Jags fan

girls in Jags gear are so sexy

Titans win this week, and the Jags control their own destiny to a playoff bye week...

It's likely the Titans will lose Thursday night at Pittsburgh. If we can beat the *gulp* Browns we have the division lead. Oddly enough due to our tiebreaking win over Pittsburgh if they lose games and we can win the division we could get that sweet #2 seed and have a bye week and home game. Lots of football to be played and I'm sure we'll lose some games (hopefully not more than a couple) but anything is still possible. I took note of the Bills losing as they used to be ahead of us in the wild card race. We beat the Ravens and the Bills/Dolphins have a tough remaining schedule. As someone said they both play the Pats twice and each other. If we get to 9 wins I think we're secure with tiebreakers and all that to at least get the 6th seed. With our remaining schedule it's hard to see us not achieving that.
No pain, no gain.