Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jamie Collins traded to the Browns.

Quote:NFL: LB Jamie Collins was asking for "Von Miller money" in extension talks with Patriots, source tells Adam Scheftervia @ESPN App <a class="bbc_url" href='http://es.pn/app'>http://es.pn/app</a>

Von Miller has 8.5 sacks this year...Collins has like 10.5 in his whole career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My gut feeling is this more than contract related.   If it was just contract related,  why not just let Jamie Collins remain with the team the rest of the season and end up with a 2018 Compensatory Pick when the dust settles?    Especially,  considering Collins ability to impact games for a Super Bowl contender. 

He was probably playing like doo doo.

This pleases me.

Quote:When the Patriots franchise finally has their "O'Doyle Rules" moment, it is going to be glorious. They literally have fans who don't even know what losing is.

[Image: rules5.jpg]

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Bill will now look at all his players who are in contract years and say "take my deal, or you are going to Cleveland".

Quote:Bill will now look at all his players who are in contract years and say "take my deal, or you are going to Cleveland".

2 years from now Cleveland is in the superbowl with all the Patriots cast offs.

Quote:  It's amazing how things have changed for the Patriots.   In the early 1990's,  this franchise was at rock bottom.   The Patriots were by far 4th on the list of popularity of Boston area professional sports franchises.   To the extent that the team only sold around 19,000 season tickets.   The Patriots almost moved to St. Louis.    Even before the 1990's,   it felt like the Patriots were a step child compared to the Red Sox,  Celtics,  and Bruins from the standpoint of the typical Boston area sports fan.     Maybe it was due to them being in Foxboro,  which is closer to Providence, R.I. than to Boston.   But everything started to change once Bill Parcells turned the team around.

I don't think many on this message board were even born when the Patriots were like... the Jaguars or Browns today.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:My gut feeling is this more than contract related. If it was just contract related, why not just let Jamie Collins remain with the team the rest of the season and end up with a 2018 Compensatory Pick when the dust settles? Especially, considering Collins ability to impact games for a Super Bowl contender.

It's sounds like this was personal. To trade Collins to the Browns of all teams.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I don't think many on this message board were even born when the Patriots were like... the Jaguars or Browns today.

That might be the case.  

Even when the Patriots had much better teams than they did in the early 1990's,  they seemed like they had a relatively small fan base.   There was a time when much of New England rooted for the New York Football Giants.   Not just in the Western part of Connecticut. 

Quote:It's sounds like this was personal. To trade Collins to the Browns of all teams.

It wouldn't surprise me if part of this was personal.  

The good news for Jamie Collins is he can leave Cleveland as an UFA in 2017 if he chooses to leave.    The Browns likely will make a concerted effort to sign him for 2017 and beyond.   They also have the Franchise and Transition Tag option. 

I love how the Pats do business. Always making the moves that's best for the long term success of the franchise.

"Oh, you want big time money when you're not on that level, well you're not getting it here"

Collins played himself and can now rot in Cleveland for the rest of the year and then go for Von money in FA.

BB doesn't put up with freelancing on defense. Play in the scheme, or play somewhere else.

The outrageous contract demand just put the nail in the coffin.

Quote:BB doesn't put up with freelancing on defense. Play in the scheme, or play somewhere else.

The outrageous contract demand just put the nail in the coffin.

One thing for sure with the Patriots,   the sum has been greater than the parts since the 2001 season when they won their first Super Bowl.   On paper,  I never could have imagined back then that they would win the Super Bowl that season.   Now,  it's easy to see why they have had so much success.

I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread wasn't full of people whining that Dave is too inept to pull off a deal like this, or something of the like.

I have no idea if this is the case, but doesn't this really feel like what Red Rooster stated above? Basically that it's Belichick saying "my way or the highway"?

It's kind of refreshing to see a coach telling the whole organization that we are all going to grab this rope with both hands and pull in the same direction. If you don't do that, then you aren't a part of this team.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Oh you want money like Miller?

*picks up phone*

Hey, Hue. I have an offer for you.

Laughed

Quote:  It wouldn't surprise me if part of this was personal.  

The good news for Jamie Collins is he can leave Cleveland as an UFA in 2017 if he chooses to leave.    The Browns likely will make a concerted effort to sign him for 2017 and beyond.   They also have the Franchise and Transition Tag option. 

The Browns would be idiots if they tagged a player they acquired halfway through the season for only a compensatory third round pick. Technically those are options, but anybody with a brain knows not to use them.

Quote:The Browns would be idiots if they tagged a player they acquired halfway through the season for only a compensatory third round pick. Technically those are options, but anybody with a brain knows not to use them.

What would you do if in the Browns position if Jamie Collins is a difference maker in the 2nd half of this season in them winning at least 3 games and the Browns are unable to sign him to a contract that satisfies him?