Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags face 2 former Jaguar top 10 picks @ Arizona

Both were failures for the Jaguars. Leftwich career was mediocre to say the least here and gabberts best play here was the fetal position in the pocket. Jags should win this one handily.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's right, Leftwich is the Cards' QB coach. Forgot about that. I wonder what the QB meeting room must have been like when Palmer was playing.

"So Carson, here's where you--"
"Roll right and throw to the tight end in the flat?"
"Yeah, how'd you know?"
"Byron, we came into the NFL in the same year. There's a reason I'm still a starting QB and you're coaching Blaine Gabbert."

*pan to the other side of the room, where Gabbert throws a football at the wall, it bounces back, hits him in the face and gives him a concussion*

The thought os seeing the " 3 B's" on the same field together is enough to give me a panic attack!

(11-21-2017, 12:46 AM)TJBender Wrote: That's right, Leftwich is the Cards' QB coach. Forgot about that. I wonder what the QB meeting room must have been like when Palmer was playing.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"
"Byron, we came into the NFL in the same year. There's a reason I'm still a starting QB and you're coaching Blaine Gabbert."

*pan to the other side of the room, where Gabbert throws a football at the wall, it bounces back, hits him in the face and gives him a concussion*

I quite literally just spit my drink all over my desk at work reading that last line...

Well played, sir!
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2017, 03:12 PM by scottyg.)

(11-21-2017, 02:09 PM)Diz Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 12:46 AM)TJBender Wrote: That's right, Leftwich is the Cards' QB coach. Forgot about that. I wonder what the QB meeting room must have been like when Palmer was playing.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

I quite literally just spit my drink all over my desk at work reading that last line...

Well played, sir!

Even funnier is that it's not that far from reality - dude is a clutz.  Remember that game when he came out seemingly determined to face his fears and show some sack, standing in the face of the pass rush...  First thing he did was jam his throwing hand into someone's facemask.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2017, 04:27 PM by Rockman1966.)

I can't blast either Byron or Blaine.  
Leftwich won some games.  
Gabbert was only 19 or had just turned 20 when he was drafted.  Mizzou ran a pro-spread, shotgun offense.  Gabbert had never been under center in college.   As far as being gun-shy, those Jags teams he played for were awful.

If we could have transplanted Leftwich's brain into David Garrard's body we would have had one helluva Quarterback.

Gabbert played against the tinhorns trash secondary and had some success last week. That ain't happening this week. They're going back to Stanton once he's healthy I can assure you of that and Gabbert will be made to look silly this week. Really the only thing that might allow for that not happening is Blake (or someone else) turning the ball over deep in our own territory and allowing the Cards to score easy and go up early on us.

(11-21-2017, 05:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If we could have transplanted Leftwich's brain into David Garrard's body we would have had one helluva Quarterback.

Sounds like a complicated procedure.  It would have been easier to just take Aaron Rodgers instead of Matt Jones in 2005.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Leftwich is not playing in the game. A sideline guy poses no threat. Byron isn't a miracle worker.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-22-2017, 02:53 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Leftwich is not playing in the game.  A sideline guy poses no threat. Byron isn't a miracle worker.

A sideline guy can be a huge threat. 
[Image: th?id=OIP.3XDvtKBSxeDOdLCKRkRo-gEsCo&pid...=274&h=155]

Though not always to the other team.
[Image: th?id=OIP.f5Ael0PLCz7pvE9l1EixmwEiDW&pid...=231&h=171]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 11:58 PM by JagFan81.)

(11-21-2017, 05:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If we could have transplanted Leftwich's brain into David Garrard's body we would have had one helluva Quarterback.

I rememer how excited I was when we drafted Leftwich. His main highlight video was from Marshall when he broke his leg and the O line had to carry him to the line and he's there throwing 30 yard bombs! I still have a Black Leftwich jersey somewhere!

The team was in decline when he arrived and he just got sucked down with everything else. I was so annoyed when turned to Gerrard but after about 2 drives I was fine.

Garrard just got things done. He may be the Jags player my opinion has changed most from the start to finish of his career.

This whole thing is basically irrelevant aside from the fact that AZ is starting their 3rd string QB.

Whether that's Gabbert or Tolzien, or Brandon Weeden... the Jags D are being presented a major advantage.

That's going to spell trouble for any opponent.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

The meeting room would have had an additional flavor if the Cardinals faced the ageless 2003 1st Round pick Terrell Suggs and his Baltimore Ravens team.