Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey questionable on Sunday

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 08:22 PM by Achilles.)

(11-25-2017, 02:01 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 01:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That is referring to last year under Bradley.  Not this season under Marrone.  And personally, I find it more humorous than disturbing.

He is defying the current coaching staff also.  I could find the article that confirms this, but I won't bother since you will just brush it away.  It's clear from yesterday's injury that he is still doing it, so sit back and enjoy the humorous aspects of a player defying the coaches, injuring himself, and likely hurting his team on Sunday.  I can't stop laughing, either.

To SCJagFan, how do you conclude that I don't like Ramsey?  I love the guy.  I just don't want to see him hurt himself or his team.  Others seem okay with it, which is baffling.

Go ahead and find that article then. 

1. I doubt marrone tells him not to bat balls like Gus.

2. Hilarious that Gus did that. Kind of shows you why this team was so bad for so long under Bradley. He was soft.

(11-25-2017, 05:14 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I COULD find the article but like.... I’m not gonna because it doesn’t matter....
Obviously it doesn't matter to anyone here. 

Maybe you guys are right and this team needs that raw edge. 

But why stop there?  Walk-throughs are for losers!  You practice like you play, so why can't the DL sack Bortles in practice?  And why just simulate the blocking assignments?  Have those linemen go ahead and pancake the LBs.  You practice like you play.

Did Jalen take your mom out to a delicious seafood dinner and never call her again?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Omameh and Parnell downgraded to OUT... yet nothing about Ramsey... he is playing.

Man what is up with omemah and parnell.. need these guys healthy our line hasnt been as good without them

(11-25-2017, 10:41 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Man what is up with omemah and parnell.. need these guys healthy our line hasnt been as good without them

Honestly, if they're going to miss extended time, this is the best scenario. During the weakest part of our schedule and we're still winning. Get them healthy for the playoffs.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Welp, the O Line is banged up, might as well sit Fournette as well.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 12:41 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I hope we can still scrape by with a below average offensive line. Laying on the defense to win ugly and hopefully get some gifts from Gabbert. If we can scrape by to 10 wins without them I'm ok with that as long as we get everybody (including Hurns) back for the Titans game at the end of the season. I think the coaches have the same philosophy. Why rush them back when we're still in good postseason shape?
No pain, no gain.

The Jaguars posted a picture on their FB page of Ramsey fresh off the plane holding out his hands. They're clearly fine. He's obviously playing.
'02

Let's give em something to talk about, all about...

Go hot boy, let em grasp, what else can they do?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(11-25-2017, 01:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm curious where you are coming up with this whole narrative of Ramsey defying his coaches. Have you any proof of this other than speculating based on things that happened at FSU?

Recent article at The Ringer.  Notice they say this happens during walkthroughs, not full-speed practices.  It's bush league and detrimental to the team.  One player decides he's going to defy the coaches and not let the QB practice plays to one side?  A horrible precedent is being set here.  

"No one is spared from Ramsey’s web, even the people he cares about most. During team walkthroughs last season, he would knock down any pass thrown his way, much to the chagrin of then-Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley. “He would tell me to stop, and I would say, ‘No, I won’t stop,’” Ramsey says. “I’m not going to even get in the habit of letting somebody catch it. It was just a mind-set thing. It got to the point at the end of the year when Blake [Bortles] would just throw it the other way.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/16...trash-talk

Seriously?  If it was that big of a problem, don't you think they would have just taken him out of the walk-through? 

"Oh, my God, how do we stop Jalen from knocking down all the passes?" 

"Uh, coach, you could just tell him to stand over here for a while."

But but but Jalen said he wasn't playing!!!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The journalists that reported it knew he was joking... they ran with it anyway... they get clicks when they say he isn't playing and more clicks when they report that he IS playing.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Ramsey likely will play Sunday despite injuring his hand in practice Friday and telling reporters he would be out this weekend.

NFL.com

I love how Ramsey trolled ESPN and NFLN lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-26-2017, 12:26 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Welp, the O Line is banged up, might as well sit Fournette as well.

I hope your joking, Fournette had over 100 yards last week with a banged up OL
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>