Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump rejects TIME for Man of Year

(11-29-2017, 11:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 05:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: #FakeNews

I still don't fully understand how you (among others) can be so quick to fling around the #fakenews label when the man throwing it is the king of making [BLEEP] up.

Market up nearly 30% since he took office, GDP growth already at levels Obama never saw in 8 years, and tax reform about to pass. Cleaning up the NK mess Clinton & Obama made. Nothing fake about that.

I had a liberal buddy tell me today that this is still Obama's market and Trump can't take credit for anything that happens before 1/20/18. Do these people really believe this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2017, 12:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 11:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: I still don't fully understand how you (among others) can be so quick to fling around the #fakenews label when the man throwing it is the king of making [BLEEP] up.

Market up nearly 30% since he took office, GDP growth already at levels Obama never saw in 8 years, and tax reform about to pass. Cleaning up the NK mess Clinton & Obama made. Nothing fake about that.

I had a liberal buddy tell me today that this is still Obama's market and Trump can't take credit for anything that happens before 1/20/18. Do these people really believe this?
Trump lies on a consistent basis. You think he's different than every other politician? The guy tweets fakes videos of muslims. He constantly contradicts himself on just about every topic. He takes what people say on FoxNews as gospel.

A talking head on CNN surmised it well: Democrats take Trump literally but not seriously. Republicans take Trump seriously but literally.

Funny how the "small government conservatives" now take the words of politicians to be true. Boy, how some people bow before those in power.

What has Donald done to deserve credit for the economy? Stocks are going up on the assumption that the Donor Appreciation Bill (reform? yeah, right) will help corporations. And if you're lucky Daddy Warbucks will throw you a nickle. Funny how profits are at a all time high and yet wages are stagnant. But keep believing the words of your betters.

And who takes Donald literally or seriously? He's too busy re-tweeting racist posts. I really think Donald is very close to coming out.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(11-30-2017, 11:05 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Funny how the "small government conservatives" now take the words of politicians to be true. Boy, how some people bow before those in power.

What has Donald done to deserve credit for the economy? Stocks are going up on the assumption that the Donor Appreciation Bill (reform? yeah, right) will help corporations. And if you're lucky  Daddy Warbucks will throw you a nickle. Funny how profits are at a all time high and yet wages are stagnant. But keep believing the words of your betters.

And who takes Donald literally or seriously? He's too busy re-tweeting racist posts. I really think Donald is very close to coming out.

Wages are stagnant for those who refuse to better themselves. There is plenty of money in my (IT) industry. Which sector are wages stagnant in?

Donald's mere presence has excited the country and boosted the economy.

(11-30-2017, 05:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 11:05 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Funny how the "small government conservatives" now take the words of politicians to be true. Boy, how some people bow before those in power.

What has Donald done to deserve credit for the economy? Stocks are going up on the assumption that the Donor Appreciation Bill (reform? yeah, right) will help corporations. And if you're lucky  Daddy Warbucks will throw you a nickle. Funny how profits are at a all time high and yet wages are stagnant. But keep believing the words of your betters.

Wages are stagnant for those who refuse to better themselves. There is plenty of money in my (IT) industry. Which sector are wages stagnant in?

Donald's mere presence has excited the country
and boosted the economy.

Boy, howdy, but not totally the way he's stirred you.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-30-2017, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A talking head on CNN surmised it well: Democrats take Trump literally but not seriously. Republicans take Trump seriously but literally.

This is actually pretty accurate. Most people believe you should take what a person says to be what they mean but Trumpers say "naah". So most go on to ask, "Well, then how do you know what they mean?" Trumpers say "it just comes to us in a dream".

Well, okay then!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-01-2017, 11:35 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A talking head on CNN surmised it well: Democrats take Trump literally but not seriously. Republicans take Trump seriously but literally.

This is actually pretty accurate. Most people believe you should take what a person says to be what they mean but Trumpers say "naah". So most go on to ask, "Well, then how do you know what they mean?" Trumpers say "it just comes to us in a dream".

Well, okay then!

Or you can ignore what he says and just go by what he does. That's the best way to evaluate every politician.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(12-02-2017, 08:16 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 11:35 PM)hb1148 Wrote: This is actually pretty accurate. Most people believe you should take what a person says to be what they mean but Trumpers say "naah". So most go on to ask, "Well, then how do you know what they mean?" Trumpers say "it just comes to us in a dream".

XWell, okay then!

Or you can ignore what he says and just go by what he does. That's the best way to evaluate every politician.

But how can you speak truth to power if words don't create reality? It's like you don't even believe the mysticism of the left or something. Guns cause crime, we're killing the Earth, America is the most evil entity to ever exist, kneeling for the National Anthem is respectful, and all men are raging rape monsters; they said it so it must be true!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-29-2017, 11:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 05:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: #FakeNews

I still don't fully understand how you (among others) can be so quick to fling around the #fakenews label when the man throwing it is the king of making [BLEEP] up.

And they know this.  It isn't like he's hiding that he's a known serial liar.

(12-02-2017, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 08:16 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Or you can ignore what he says and just go by what he does. That's the best way to evaluate every politician.

But how can you speak truth to power if words don't create reality? It's like you don't even believe the mysticism of the left or something. Guns cause crime, we're killing the Earth, America is the most evil entity to ever exist, kneeling for the National Anthem is respectful, and all men are raging rape monsters; they said it so it must be true!

That this is what you hear shows more about who you're listening to tell you what the "left" is saying than what is actually said.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-02-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But how can you speak truth to power if words don't create reality? It's like you don't even believe the mysticism of the left or something. Guns cause crime, we're killing the Earth, America is the most evil entity to ever exist, kneeling for the National Anthem is respectful, and all men are raging rape monsters; they said it so it must be true!

That this is what you hear shows more about who you're listening to tell you what the "left" is saying than what is actually said.

It's funny how you guys never want to admit your deepest yearnings. If your positions are so wonderful why do you pretend you don't really believe them? Just because they're massively unpopular among rational people and admitting them would be the death of the left is no reason not to put on your [BLEEP] hat and own it!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-30-2017, 05:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wages are stagnant for those who refuse to better themselves. There is plenty of money in my (IT) industry. Which sector are wages stagnant in?

There's a huge difference between refusal and inability.  What percentage of the US working-force do you believe possesses the mental capacity to perform in a higher paying industry such as IT?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-03-2017, 08:38 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 05:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wages are stagnant for those who refuse to better themselves. There is plenty of money in my (IT) industry. Which sector are wages stagnant in?

There's a huge difference between refusal and inability.  What percentage of the US working-force do you believe possesses the mental capacity to perform in a higher paying industry such as IT?

And what percentage of those jobs are laying off domestics and going to H1s and H2bs like happened at Disney?

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 10:37 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(12-03-2017, 08:38 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

So, lack of "mental ability" to perform a highly sought after skill automatically translates to a demand for $15 an hour for a skill a kiosk or robot can perform?

It is a lot easier to complain on a forum or Twitter about wage injustice than it is to go back to school.

(12-03-2017, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 08:38 AM)Sneakers Wrote: There's a huge difference between refusal and inability.  What percentage of the US working-force do you believe possesses the mental capacity to perform in a higher paying industry such as IT?

And what percentage of those jobs are laying off domestics and going to H1s and H2bs like happened at Disney?

With all due respect, sounds like just another excuse for someone to be lazy.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 12:00 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(12-02-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But how can you speak truth to power if words don't create reality? It's like you don't even believe the mysticism of the left or something. Guns cause crime, we're killing the Earth, America is the most evil entity to ever exist, kneeling for the National Anthem is respectful, and all men are raging rape monsters; they said it so it must be true!

RJ, can you tell us who is your trusted source in mainstream reporting so we can also be enlightened?  The CIA claims we can't trust any of them:

“The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media.”
– William Colby, former CIA director

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
– William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting, 1981)

(12-03-2017, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 08:38 AM)Sneakers Wrote: There's a huge difference between refusal and inability.  What percentage of the US working-force do you believe possesses the mental capacity to perform in a higher paying industry such as IT?

So, lack of "mental ability" to perform a highly sought after skill automatically translates to a demand for $15 an hour for a skill a kiosk or robot can perform?

It is a lot easier to complain on a forum or Twitter about wage injustice than it is to go back to school.

(12-03-2017, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And what percentage of those jobs are laying off domestics and going to H1s and H2bs like happened at Disney?

Sure, when you get replaced with immigrant labor who'll work for 70 cents on the dollar and your severance is contingent on you staying on 120 days to train your replacement them you might be more sympathetic.

(12-03-2017, 01:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, lack of "mental ability" to perform a highly sought after skill automatically translates to a demand for $15 an hour for a skill a kiosk or robot can perform?

Sure, when you get replaced with immigrant labor who'll work for 70 cents on the dollar and your severance is contingent on you staying on 120 days to train your replacement them you might be more sympathetic.

I am not unsympathetic to situations like the Disney situation. All I am saying is there are plenty of ways to improve yourself and be employable.

(12-03-2017, 06:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 01:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, when you get replaced with immigrant labor who'll work for 70 cents on the dollar and your severance is contingent on you staying on 120 days to train your replacement them you might be more sympathetic.

I am not unsympathetic to situations like the Disney situation. All I am saying is there are plenty of ways to improve yourself and be employable.

One of the easiest is to punish those corporations who manipulate and abuse the American market and workforce

(12-03-2017, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

(12-03-2017, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And what percentage of those jobs are laying off domestics and going to H1s and H2bs like happened at Disney?

If you re-read my post carefully, you will realize I neither stated, or even suggested, that the inability to perform a task requiring a higher mental capacity translated into any wage entitlement whatsoever.  I am merely suggesting that, for a significant percentage of the workforce, anything more than very modest advancement is simply not possible due to lack of mental ability. 

I'll ask you again, what percentage of the US working-force do you believe possesses the mental capacity to perform in a higher paying industry such as IT?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.