Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When did you become a Jags fan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1998. Nobody knew American Football in France....still not very popular.

Sigh this again do a search man. This is beat to death.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 06:36 AM by SunriseCottage.)

November30, 1993........was driving in my car, heard the announcement on the radio, immediately went downtown to The Landing where a huge crowd had gathered, all singing “ Whoomp! There It Is “! A day I’ll never forget.
“ I was a male, trapped in a female body........and then I was born. “

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 06:58 AM by UKJag.)

The year was 1994 and the satellite tv company here in the U.K. started showing American Football, I knew some teams from a book about the sport in my school aged 11.

I didn’t pick a team because they showed (and to this day show) lots of different teams. Nevertheless I got hooked on the sport.

In 1995 that satellite broadcaster showed lots of the Jags games. I could have picked the teams well known over here in the U.K. by the small amount of Brit’s watching the game with all their storied history. 

I decided to pick a team whose history I could live, I have been a Jags fan ever since. Been put to Jacksonville to see them as well as Miami for a game. I watch them every year in the U.K. and every week online.

2006 for me.

Huh

1999. When the Jags lost only 3 games all season. I knew then that this would be a special rivalry.

9/2/1994, the day I moved to this town.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Day 1 of the announcement.

I was in the stadium after we beat Broncos in the playoffs when they were 9-0 in the playoffs.

I watched Dave Widell say "Jacksonville Do You Believe In Miracles"

Thumbs Up 

(11-26-2017, 06:05 AM)surfon Wrote: Sigh this again do a search man.  This is beat to death.

And yet you felt the need to click on it? Makes sense

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 01:05 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-26-2017, 08:24 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: 1999. When the Jags lost only 3 games all season. I knew then that this would be a special rivalry.

And what was so aggravating is that Jeff Fisher always seemed to have our number. The first Jags game I ever attended was against the Titans. They spanked us. I detested Fisher with a healthy respect.

When they were called the Sharks, Then the Bulls, and now the JAGS. was under the gator bowl at 620 pm the day they announced the team buying tickets from jag officials handing out paper reciets out of a book.

(11-25-2017, 10:35 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: The day we won the team rewarded by the NFL, bored and raised in Duval

There is no reason to be bored here...there are a lot of things to do in this city!!  Cool
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

2009, all I've ever known from this team was garbage, this season has been a surprise.

Just before/during the 95 Draft (I was 17 at the time) when they traded for Brunell. He was my favorite college football player back then and the hometown Eagles almost traded for him just before the draft. It fell thru just before the draft and I was upset. It came out during the draft that he was traded to the Jags and I’ve been a diehard ever since. I have no connection whatsoever to Jacksonville. Born/raised/spent all my life here in the Philly area.

October 12, 1998.

Boselli vs. Taylor. I'd watch games just to see Boselli.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 03:43 PM by Rockman1966.)

Grew up in Balto. Was a diehard "Balmer Coats" fan. Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Roger Carr, and the Sack Pack.
On March 29, 1984 I stopped watching the NFL. Moved to JAX in 1992. Became a Jaguars on November, 30, 1993. Still amazed the NFL awarded JAX the team.

*Was impressed that Modell left the Brown's name and unis in CLE. Indy should be the Speed Racers or the 500's. Don't think the fans in Balto. have forgotten the Irsays. Whenever Indy plays the Ravens the scoreboard never lists the team name, only Indy. Will not display COLTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 04:55 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

1995 was a fan of brunell first game and never looked back since.  He was a lefty and so am I.

Prior to that I was a kid and a Die Hard Eagles fan through Cunningham years. But rich kotite killed my team. And I moved on. And wanted own team to root for and not same as my step dad. And he moved on to green bay so I took a break for a few years and then see above.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Been a fan since the team was announced. I was in my mid teens then and the Jags were my introduction to watching football. It is still the only team I have ever followed.