Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Cardinals Game

The team came out flat today and was severely outplayed by a team who came out with great intensity. That being said, we were one very, very, very poor play call from our offensive coordinator from going into overtime. Wow this team really has come a long way when they can win such a game. Ultimately I think that Nathaniel Hackett learns the most from this game. Lee is a goner after this year, Keelan Cole pretty much gives you equal productivity a cheaper price point.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-26-2017, 10:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we all wanted to win today,but if your gonna lose one of the next 2 games its better to lose to cards today then a division game to colts next week.  im not saying jags will win or lose next week,just the division games are super imporent. all games are imporent,but if you want to in your divisioon you have to win the division games.
This is true. Also, you can add the fact that it wasn't even a conference game. If there was a game to lose it was one like this, but DAMN it was BLAINE FREAKING GABBERT!

lets not forget jags have a nack to lose to the back up qbs. they seem to espialley lose all the time to 3rd tring qbs.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The good thing is we can still win this quarter with a win at the Colts

Where was the pass rush yesterday? We couldn't even get there with the blitz. Campbell has been quiet the past few weeks. I thought Barry Church got exposed yesterday. Also, please do not play Ivory anymore. Give Grant more carries.

(11-27-2017, 08:42 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Where was the pass rush yesterday? We couldn't even get there with the blitz. Campbell has been quiet the past few weeks. I thought Barry Church got exposed yesterday. Also, please do not play Ivory anymore. Give Grant more carries.

Ivory and Yeldon both have fumble issues.  Grant should be our 2nd string RB.  He has improved with pass protection

(11-27-2017, 09:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:42 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Where was the pass rush yesterday? We couldn't even get there with the blitz. Campbell has been quiet the past few weeks. I thought Barry Church got exposed yesterday. Also, please do not play Ivory anymore. Give Grant more carries.

Ivory and Yeldon both have fumble issues.  Grant should be our 2nd string RB.  He has improved with pass protection

And gives us speed at the position.

Jags couldn't really muster a pass rush due to the fact that the Cards just dinked and dunked all game. Jags had about 3 dropped interceptions, countless almost sacks and missed assignments. This was the defenses worst game all season and they STILL set this team up for the win. They still scored a TD and they still set up a game winning drive with Churchs interception. It's up to the offense to carry it's weight.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 10:04 AM by Kane.)

(11-26-2017, 09:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 09:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags should have lost the Chargers game. Could have won this one. I had a bad feeling about this game all week.

Karma comes back around I guess.

I see the defense coming out next week ready to prove the doubters wrong.

I hope you are right.

What I am afraid of is a repeat of the 1999 season.

If you recall, nobody really solved the Jaguars defense until the Saints did late in the season.  After that, the defense did not seem as effective.  What I'm hoping is that these lapses in the passing game, especially the quick hitting passes to the TE, are an aberration.

We play too much zone... gotta man up especially when facing bad QBs.

RBs out of the backfield have been an issue too and that's on the coverage of our backers/safeties.

(11-27-2017, 09:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags couldn't really muster a pass rush due to the fact that the Cards just dinked and dunked all game. Jags had about 3 dropped interceptions, countless almost sacks and missed assignments. This was the defenses worst game all season and they STILL set this team up for the win. They still scored a TD and they still set up a game winning drive with Churchs interception. It's up to the offense to carry it's weight.

Agreed... as much as the D was "bad" the offense was worse.

And I know all the built in excuses like 2 OL out and top 2 WRs down too....

But damn.... when Bortles was using his feet, I said "OK.. finally, we've figured out something that works..." and then the next drive they let Bad Blake start throwing again...
I dunno... play calling was suspect but Bortles was off target much of the game. OL wasn't blocking well in pass pro and wasn't blocking at all in run game...

The offense was a mess and got showed up by an offensive unit led by Blaine frickin Gabbert.

I find it hard to beat up the D too much this game. They got pressure, and held the Cards to minimal points early with our offense barely even showing up until the 2nd half.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 10:15 AM by Caldrac.)

Is it just me? Or does anybody else find it extremely odd that for the second straight week not a single offensive holding call was flagged against our pass rushers? I am not saying it's supposed to happen every game or play. But it just seems odd that you're going to basically tell me that two teams with struggling pass protection and back up or rookie passers in the huddle have managed to get absolutely pristine and perfect pass protection?

With no holds against the most dominate pass rushing defense in the NFL this year? Something isn't adding up. Maybe I am being nit picky here. The Cardinals by all accounts lost the penalty battle yesterday. But I still feel like our front four has been getting the screw job to them now the last two games. Hopefully this doesn't trend over into the clots game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2017, 10:01 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 09:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I hope you are right.

What I am afraid of is a repeat of the 1999 season.

If you recall, nobody really solved the Jaguars defense until the Saints did late in the season.  After that, the defense did not seem as effective.  What I'm hoping is that these lapses in the passing game, especially the quick hitting passes to the TE, are an aberration.

We play too much zone... gotta man up especially when facing bad QBs.

RBs out of the backfield have been an issue too and that's on the coverage of our backers/safeties.

(11-27-2017, 09:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags couldn't really muster a pass rush due to the fact that the Cards just dinked and dunked all game. Jags had about 3 dropped interceptions, countless almost sacks and missed assignments. This was the defenses worst game all season and they STILL set this team up for the win. They still scored a TD and they still set up a game winning drive with Churchs interception. It's up to the offense to carry it's weight.

Agreed... as much as the D was "bad" the offense was worse.

And I know all the built in excuses like 2 OL out and top 2 WRs down too....

But damn.... when Bortles was using his feet, I said "OK.. finally, we've figured out something that works..." and then the next drive they let Bad Blake start throwing again...
I dunno... play calling was suspect but Bortles was off target much of the game. OL wasn't blocking well in pass pro and wasn't blocking at all in run game...

The offense was a mess and got showed up by an offensive unit led by Blaine frickin Gabbert.

I find it hard to beat up the D too much this game. They got pressure, and held the Cards to minimal points early with our offense barely even showing up until the 2nd half.
I don't think I'm really ever going to beat up on this defense considering they are the sole reason we are 7-4. The defense has 6 return TDs on the season while Blake has thrown for 12. The defense continues to bail out the offense (SD and Cleveland) and it was just a matter of time before they give up a few points.

Teams are figuring this offense out and its not that hard. Stack the box on 1st and 2nd down then blitz from the right, forcing Blake to make a read (lol) or roll him out left.

(11-26-2017, 10:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lee is as good as gone come season enx

I'm starting to wonder if Lee thinks he's a db with all of the dropped passes.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

So many thoughts...

1. Chris Ivory, please just sit down. While he will occasionally flash, usually in the screen game, he's just not effective enough to overcome is ball security issues. Yeldon has unquestionably outplayed him this year.

2. Barry Church - Yes, he gave up the 52yd TD. I completely disagree w/ the first one being on him, though. You could clearly see him screaming at McCray pre-snap, pointing at the TE. Then as he rotated across and saw that McCray stood there like a statue and let his man run right past him, wide open, his reaction said it all. You know what else spoke loudly? McCray didn't see the field again on Defense. Church also had what SHOULD have been the game winning pick.

3. Ramsey/Bouye - As good as advertised. Fitzgerald's only meaningful catch was against Zone Coverage, on Barry Church, who was absolutely all over him and Fitz just made (yet another) a Fitz play.

4. Telvin Smith - It wasn't a complete defensive meltdown when he went out... but you could definitely feel the difference.

5. A.J. Cann - Wow did he look lost much of the game. Even on his "great block" that the announcers called out on Bortles' first TD Run, he just kind of stood out there, not really blocking, just... being there. On the blown up screen, he again was just in space, standing there as Fournette ran into him from behind. Additionally, on one of the sacks, he completely whiffed on his pull. Overall pretty terrible game for him. Wasn't great for the O-Line in general, but he was particularly bad.

6. Marquise Lee - I'm personally done w/ him. He'll be signing elsewhere this off season. Too many dropped passes, not enough impact. His biggest mistakes come in the biggest moments. Add in his injury history and I just can't see signing him to a meaningful deal. He's struggle to be available, and when he has been, he hasn't been impactful. Fast guys who can't catch aren't that uncommon.

7. That 2nd Down Pass - Simply inexplicable. There's no logic behind that decision, at all. Had that been the 1st down call, it's completely defensible, as one could simply say "Ok, we're playing for the win, but had to check down". By running the ball up the gut on 1st Down, you've effectively committed to playing for OT. At that point, the ONLY reasonable options are running it up the gut, or taking a knee. With the amount of time left on the clock, AZ having only a single timeout, a simple 3 runs/knees ends regulation. ANY stoppage of the clock additional to their 1 timeout, means you have to punt. The decision to throw the short pass is just... honestly, stupid. There is very little, if any, chance that meaningful yards were going to be gained from that play. Best realistic case? 1st Down. Ok... we could already run out the clock without the 1st Down. Every other possibility from that play (aside from the sub 1% chance of Lee taking it from the ~15 all the way down the field) gives AZ a chance to win in Regulation. You can't make that call.

8. The decision not to even take a chance on 1st down - People can argue back and forth on the forum here about what we think about Blake Bortles. With 1:14 remaining and 2 Timeouts, needing only a Field Goal to win, the coaching staff decided not to even TRY and go downfield to win the game. Compare that to AZ, on their 3rd String QB, willing to throw into the #1 Ranked Defense. Let that sink in. They trust Bortles less than Arizona trusts their 3rd String QB. I no longer need to speculate. The writing is on the wall.

9. Leonard Fournette - Our line played poorly, and it further proves that no matter how good a Running Back is, they still need at least decent O-Line play in front of them.

10. Blake Bortles - I touched on this in #8, but he's simply not the guy. Don't give me the "he put the team on his back" line. Yes, he had some good runs. That's a bonus for a QB. If you can't read defenses and make the throws, then I don't care how well you ran the ball. The WRs get a lot of grief because of balls that "hit their hands". I thought the announcers did a really good job yesterday of pointing out the issues. Bortles continuously puts the ball in places that are incredibly tough for WRs to actually make a play. On the deep pass to Cole, he had inside leverage. Had Bortles put the ball on his right side, he likely scores. Instead, Bortles put the ball outside, on his left, effectively bringing the DB back into the play. He does this A LOT. It goes back to 2015 where A-Rob was making him look good by making incredible plays winning the "50/50" balls. Those were exceptional catches, not well thrown balls. The INT was a horrendous decision. You're already in Field Goal range, albeit on the edge. The SkyCam view from behind Bortles showed that Westbrook was NOT open. He was not going to make that catch. For one, the CB was all over him. Secondly, he was quickly running out of real estate and would have likely been out of bounds. There was almost no chance of a positive play there. You HAVE to throw that ball away. Even more egregious, was the overload blitz. That one play really summed it all up for me. The Nickle CB and SS both came up and showed blitz on the right side of the line. Bortles didn't react AT ALL. No adjustment. Mistake 1. Then, he decides to half-stumble his way to the left and chuck the ball, as opposed to Blitz Beating 101, he throws to the side the Blitz is coming from... he goes "deep" to the opposite side of the field. Mistake 2. Compounding this, he throws off-balance and into double coverage. Mistake 3. All on one play. Fortunately, the ball was so underthrown that the defense was unable to pick it off. It's mental issues like that which continue to prove he's simply not the guy. Every week I watch multiple games and you regularly see average QBs making these reads, making adjustments to a blitz, throwing INTO the Blitz where coverage is weaker. Again... Arizona trusted their 3rd String QB against the #1 Ranked Defense, more than Jax trusted Bortles at the end of the game. There's good reason for that.

Overall, it was a deeply depressing game to watch. Our offense is just plain bad. There's just no way around it. There's a very noticeable difference watching the Jags offense vs most of the NFL. We look absolutely lethargic for most of the game, and the positive plays that are made seem almost accidental. It's not just A-Rob and Hurns being out. Way too much credit is given due to our having such a "lack of talent at WR" right now, which is laughable. Cole and Westbrook certainly have talent. While not seasoned Vets, let's not act like they aren't good. We know our QB isn't getting it done, and likely never will. We know our line isn't getting it done and thus Fournette's poor numbers. The playcalling has been questionable at best. At this point, I honestly expect some significant changes this coming offseason, both at QB and at Offensive Coordinator. I expect another Offensive Lineman of note to be picked up, be it in FA or the Draft.

I also expect us to be 1 and done in the playoffs this year. You know what? I'm ok with that. This is a team that is overachieving because of an incredible defense. The very fact that we will be in position to LOSE a Playoff game is actually very exciting to me. We are 1 very VERY important piece away from being a legitimate contender. We've thought that in years past, but it's a giant neon sign this time around. The Defense WILL carry us if we get average play out of our offense. Despite the pessimism above, I'm incredibly optimistic about the next few years. It's been a LONG time since I could say that.

Tough loss. Tougher still because of who was starting at QB for AZ. Hopefully it was the gut shot needed to get the team focused and they handle their business to close out the season and we can see what miracles may come in January.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

On the Brightside we are still in it going into the month of December. All I can think is if we only had a top 15 QB and could use more of the playbook. It is unbelievable how much they have to negate the QB position with this "offense". The opposing defense can use a simple game plan to counter it.

All that said...
One thing Blake is very tough and demonstrates grit. I just wish he had more ability for the position. I think it is too much to expect someone that had Gus over him for years to turn it around in one year. I have a feeling we are going to look at this year positively but with regret for what could have been.

Go jags.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-27-2017, 10:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Is it just me? Or does anybody else find it extremely odd that for the second straight week not a single offensive holding call was flagged against our pass rushers? I am not saying it's supposed to happen every game or play. But it just seems odd that you're going to basically tell me that two teams with struggling pass protection and back up or rookie passers in the huddle have managed to get absolutely pristine and perfect pass protection?

With no holds against the most dominate pass rushing defense in the NFL this year? Something isn't adding up. Maybe I am being nit picky here. The Cardinals by all accounts lost the penalty battle yesterday. But I still feel like our front four has been getting the screw job to them now the last two games. Hopefully this doesn't trend over into the clots game.

Its the NFL bud. These other players from different teams get paid as well as does the Jaguars DLine. It happens sometimes. I didnt think Jax pass rush was bad yesterday... I just think Bruce Arians did a nice job designing a game for Gabbert to release the ball fast on those dink and donk.

Good day everyone, here are my thoughts from this game.

Blake Bortles - I thought he played decent with what he was given, stepped up while being hit, delivered some good accurate deep passes,.needs to lead receivers away from defenders on the deep one, but they have been acurate.

Wrs/te/rb - awful only one who seemed to make a impact was Dede and he was only in on 3 wr sets. Cole and Lee dropped alot of balls, blake has no trust in these two you can tell. He keeps trying to trust them.and they let him down.week after week. Cole is a rookie I get it but Lee isn't. Due to Oline our running lanes were non existent.

Oline - absolutely abused this game you can tell our LG and RT back ups were not very good. That block by Cann on bortles TD run or shall I say just standing there was pathetic. They need to do better as a whole bortles had no time to setup anything. There was one deep on the seam Cole beat his guy but Bortles was pulled to the ground as he thru it cause didnt have time to set and throw.

Defense - as a whole I think they played decent, yannick kept going to the outside of his blocker and gabbert would.move up, yannick goes inside thise are sacks or fumbles. The pressure was there just not finishing. 2 dropped picks and 1big blown coverage.

Overall the team needs the wrs/te to step up they need to execute on 3rd downs when the balls are thrown tight and coverage is good. Not going to have a perfect ball and no defender on you every time. We need Parnell and Omahah back for the sea and hou games.
Jags 4 Life

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017, 11:42 AM by Bullseye.)

(11-27-2017, 10:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Is it just me? Or does anybody else find it extremely odd that for the second straight week not a single offensive holding call was flagged against our pass rushers? I am not saying it's supposed to happen every game or play. But it just seems odd that you're going to basically tell me that two teams with struggling pass protection and back up or rookie passers in the huddle have managed to get absolutely pristine and perfect pass protection?

That does seem peculiar.

(11-27-2017, 11:06 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 10:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lee is as good as gone come season enx

I'm starting to wonder if Lee thinks he's a db with all of the dropped passes.

One of the troubling things is how many of his drops come in the 4th quarter/OT/otherwise clutch situations.

Coming into this season, I was thinking we should retain Lee.  Now...I'm not so sure we should.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-27-2017, 11:20 AM)Diz Wrote: So many thoughts...

1. Chris Ivory, please just sit down.  While he will occasionally flash, usually in the screen game, he's just not effective enough to overcome is ball security issues.  Yeldon has unquestionably outplayed him this year.  

2. Barry Church - Yes, he gave up the 52yd TD.  I completely disagree w/ the first one being on him, though.  You could clearly see him screaming at McCray pre-snap, pointing at the TE.  Then as he rotated across and saw that McCray stood there like a statue and let his man run right past him, wide open, his reaction said it all.  You know what else spoke loudly?  McCray didn't see the field again on Defense.  Church also had what SHOULD have been the game winning pick.

5. A.J. Cann - Wow did he look lost much of the game.  Even on his "great block" that the announcers called out on Bortles' first TD Run, he just kind of stood out there, not really blocking, just... being there.  On the blown up screen, he again was just in space, standing there as Fournette ran into him from behind.  Additionally, on one of the sacks, he completely whiffed on his pull.  Overall pretty terrible game for him.  Wasn't great for the O-Line in general, but he was particularly bad.

6. Marquise Lee - I'm personally done w/ him.  He'll be signing elsewhere this off season.  Too many dropped passes, not enough impact.  His biggest mistakes come in the biggest moments.  Add in his injury history and I just can't see signing him to a meaningful deal.  He's struggle to be available, and when he has been, he hasn't been impactful.  Fast guys who can't catch aren't that uncommon.

7. That 2nd Down Pass - Simply inexplicable.  There's no logic behind that decision, at all.  Had that been the 1st down call, it's completely defensible, as one could simply say "Ok, we're playing for the win, but had to check down".  By running the ball up the gut on 1st Down, you've effectively committed to playing for OT.  At that point, the ONLY reasonable options are running it up the gut, or taking a knee.  With the amount of time left on the clock, AZ having only a single timeout, a simple 3 runs/knees ends regulation.  ANY stoppage of the clock additional to their 1 timeout, means you have to punt.  The decision to throw the short pass is just... honestly, stupid.  There is very little, if any, chance that meaningful yards were going to be gained from that play.  Best realistic case?  1st Down.  Ok... we could already run out the clock without the 1st Down.  Every other possibility from that play (aside from the sub 1% chance of Lee taking it from the ~15 all the way down the field) gives AZ a chance to win in Regulation.  You can't make that call.

8. The decision not to even take a chance on 1st down - People can argue back and forth on the forum here about what we think about Blake Bortles.  With 1:14 remaining and 2 Timeouts, needing only a Field Goal to win, the coaching staff decided not to even TRY and go downfield to win the game.  Compare that to AZ, on their 3rd String QB, willing to throw into the #1 Ranked Defense.  Let that sink in.  They trust Bortles less than Arizona trusts their 3rd String QB.  I no longer need to speculate.  The writing is on the wall.

9. Leonard Fournette - Our line played poorly, and it further proves that no matter how good a Running Back is, they still need at least decent O-Line play in front of them.  

10. Blake Bortles - I touched on this in #8, but he's simply not the guy.  Don't give me the "he put the team on his  back" line.  Yes, he had some good runs.  That's a bonus for a QB.  If you can't read defenses and make the throws, then I don't care how well you ran the ball.  The WRs get a lot of grief because of balls that "hit their hands".  I thought the announcers did a really good job yesterday of pointing out the issues.  Bortles continuously puts the ball in places that are incredibly tough for WRs to actually make a play.  On the deep pass to Cole, he had inside leverage.  Had Bortles put the ball on his right side, he likely scores.  Instead, Bortles put the ball outside, on his left, effectively bringing the DB back into the play.  He does this A LOT.  It goes back to 2015 where A-Rob was making him look good by making incredible plays winning the "50/50" balls.  Those were exceptional catches, not well thrown balls.  The INT was a horrendous decision.  You're already in Field Goal range, albeit on the edge.  The SkyCam view from behind Bortles showed that Westbrook was NOT open.  He was not going to make that catch.  For one, the CB was all over him.  Secondly, he was quickly running out of real estate and would have likely been out of bounds.  There was almost no chance of a positive play there.  You HAVE to throw that ball away.  Even more egregious, was the overload blitz.  That one play really summed it all up for me.  The Nickle CB and SS both came up and showed blitz on the right side of the line.  Bortles didn't react AT ALL.  No adjustment.  Mistake 1.  Then, he decides to half-stumble his way to the left and chuck the ball, as opposed to Blitz Beating 101,  he throws to the side the Blitz is coming from... he goes "deep" to the opposite side of the field.  Mistake 2.  Compounding this, he throws off-balance and into double coverage.  Mistake 3.  All on one play.  Fortunately, the ball was so underthrown that the defense was unable to pick it off.  It's mental issues like that which continue to prove he's simply not the guy.  Every week I watch multiple games and you regularly see average QBs making these reads, making adjustments to a blitz, throwing INTO the Blitz where coverage is weaker.    Again... Arizona trusted their 3rd String QB against the #1 Ranked Defense, more than Jax trusted Bortles at the end of the game.  There's good reason for that.

Overall, it was a deeply depressing game to watch.  Our offense is just plain bad.  There's just no way around it.  There's a very noticeable difference watching the Jags offense vs most of the NFL.  We look absolutely lethargic for most of the game, and the positive plays that are made seem almost accidental.  It's not just A-Rob and Hurns being out.  Way too much credit is given due to our having such a "lack of talent at WR" right now, which is laughable.  Cole and Westbrook certainly have talent.  While not seasoned Vets, let's not act like they aren't good.  We know our QB isn't getting it done, and likely never will.  We know our line isn't getting it done and thus Fournette's poor numbers.  The playcalling has been questionable at best.  At this point, I honestly expect some significant changes this coming offseason, both at QB and at Offensive Coordinator.  I expect another Offensive Lineman of note to be picked up, be it in FA or the Draft.

I also expect us to be 1 and done in the playoffs this year.  You know what?  I'm ok with that.  This is a team that is overachieving because of an incredible defense.  The very fact that we will be in position to LOSE a Playoff game is actually very exciting to me.  We are 1 very VERY important piece away from being a legitimate contender.  We've thought that in years past, but it's a giant neon sign this time around.  The Defense WILL carry us if we get average play out of our offense.  Despite the pessimism above, I'm incredibly optimistic about the next few years.  It's been a LONG time since I could say that.

Tough loss.  Tougher still because of who was starting at QB for AZ.  Hopefully it was the gut shot needed to get the team focused and they  handle their business to close out the season and we can see what miracles may come in January.

1.  Chris Ivory qualifies as a FA disappointment. 

2.  After seeing replays, etc., I agree the first TD was not on Church.  Mea culpa.

5.  I can't understand Cann's drop from competence to what we saw this past Sunday.

6.  I will say this much about Lee.  If we let him go, we have to re-sign Robinson.  How will his knee be?  Now that the team is winning, will he be more inclined to stay?  I hope so.  Can Westbrook be trusted off field?  Seemingly so far so good.

7 & 8-The sad part about these two is that it never should have come to those plays.  Once Campbell scored the TD and then Church made the INT, the game should have been closed out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-29-2017, 11:20 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: Good day everyone, here are my thoughts from this game.

Blake Bortles - I thought he played decent with what he was given, stepped up while being hit, delivered some good accurate deep passes,.needs to lead receivers away from defenders on the deep one, but they have been acurate.

Wrs/te/rb - awful only one who seemed to make a impact was Dede and he was only in on 3 wr sets. Cole and Lee dropped alot of balls, blake has no trust in these two you can tell. He keeps trying to trust them.and they let him down.week after week. Cole is a rookie I get it but Lee isn't. Due to Oline our running lanes were non existent.

Oline - absolutely abused this game you can tell our LG and RT back ups were not very good.  That block by Cann on bortles TD run or shall I say just standing there was pathetic. They need to do better as a whole bortles had no time to setup anything. There was one deep on the seam Cole beat his guy but Bortles was pulled to the ground as he thru it cause didnt have time to set and throw.

Defense - as a whole I think they played decent, yannick kept going to the outside of his blocker and gabbert would.move up, yannick goes inside thise are sacks or fumbles.  The pressure was there just not finishing. 2 dropped picks and 1big  blown coverage.

Overall the team needs the wrs/te to step up they need to execute on 3rd downs when the balls are thrown tight and coverage is good. Not going to have a perfect ball and no defender on you every time. We need Parnell and Omahah back for the sea and hou games.

Bortles has absolutely NOT been Accurate.  Ever.  Period.  Simply getting the ball within 5 yards of a WR is not "accurate", especially not at the NFL level.

Lee dropped 1 pass.

Cole didn't have any "drops".  He failed to make 2 spectacular catches in which Bortles threw the ball into the coverage instead of away from it.  Cole has ONE registered drop on the season.

We should probably calm down the hyperbole making it seem like guys are dropping the ball all over the field.  The reality is, balls are being thrown in positions where the DBs are easily able to make plays on it, and the WRs have to make spectacular catches.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(11-29-2017, 01:57 PM)Diz Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 11:20 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: Good day everyone, here are my thoughts from this game.

Oline - absolutely abused this game you can tell our LG and RT back ups were not very good.  That block by Cann on bortles TD run or shall I say just standing there was pathetic. They need to do better as a whole bortles had no time to setup anything. There was one deep on the seam Cole beat his guy but Bortles was pulled to the ground as he thru it cause didnt have time to set and throw.

Defense - as a whole I think they played decent, yannick kept going to the outside of his blocker and gabbert would.move up, yannick goes inside thise are sacks or fumbles.  The pressure was there just not finishing. 2 dropped picks and 1big  blown coverage.

Bortles has absolutely NOT been Accurate.  Ever.  Period.  Simply getting the ball within 5 yards of a WR is not "accurate", especially not at the NFL level.

Lee dropped 1 pass.

Cole didn't have any "drops".  He failed to make 2 spectacular catches in which Bortles threw the ball into the coverage instead of away from it.  Cole has ONE registered drop on the season.

We should probably calm down the hyperbole making it seem like guys are dropping the ball all over the field.  The reality is, balls are being thrown in positions where the DBs are easily able to make plays on it, and the WRs have to make spectacular catches.

Lee dropped only 1 pass this week because he only had 2 targets. Peterson pretty much took him out of the game.

But Lee has 8 counted drops on the season. (Feels like more)
That's no good. Especially a dude in a contract year.

Outside of Lee... our drops aren't any more than most teams... Everytime Cole "drops" a pass, it's because he has a defender there making a play. People should lighten up on the UDFA rookie.

But to the point you're making. The QB isn't throwing these guys open and these guys aren't getting much separation.