Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Mullen - Florida Gators

I like the hire.

Question: does Mullen flip some of his recruits, most specifically dual threat 4-star QB Jalen Mayden from Texans

https://mississippistate.rivals.com/comm...tball/2018

Mullen knows the QB position --- finally, perhaps UF will have a legit offense !!!

.... good Florida teams make the sports bars so much better in the fall !!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2017, 04:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like the hire.

Question: does Mullen flip some of his recruits, most specifically dual threat 4-star QB Jalen Mayden from Texans

https://mississippistate.rivals.com/comm...tball/2018

Mullen knows the QB position --- finally, perhaps UF will have a legit offense !!!

.... good Florida teams make the sports bars so much better in the fall !!!

I read that he's bringing over a good chunk of his assistants, I assume he will be trying like hell to do the same with his recruits. He shouldn't have a hard time...
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I think UF is still pretty locked in with Corral, and Fields followed UF and Mullen's twitter shortly after the announcement so that's induced speculation that he might flip since UGA is obviously beyond stacked at QB still.

My dad and all his family went to Mississippi State. So from a Mississippi State fan perspective, I am sad to see him go.

I might tinkle myself if Florida ever fields a good quarterback again!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-27-2017, 06:16 PM)Brett Wrote: My dad and all his family went to Mississippi State. So from a Mississippi State fan perspective, I am sad to see him go.

I can't blame you. Mississippi State is in a tough spot in the West. Under Mullen they have been pretty good, and he has recruited well.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(11-27-2017, 06:00 PM)Upper Wrote: I think UF is still pretty locked in with Corral, and Fields followed UF and Mullen's twitter shortly after the announcement so that's induced speculation that he might flip since UGA is obviously beyond stacked at QB still.

Mullen loves his dual-threat QBs and that's exactly what Jalen Maylen (his Miss State) recruit is.    Check out the video link .... the dude looks like Tebow at QB !!!

I think it's more about fit so I wouldn't be surprised to see Maylen flip from MS State to UF and then Corral back out of UF

..... just speculation of course, but it kind of makes sense at this point of the game.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...ayden-2831

Mullen just got his QB. Emory Jones flipped from Ohio State to Florida!
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(12-20-2017, 02:03 PM)Achilles Wrote: Mullen just got his QB. Emory Jones flipped from Ohio State to Florida!

Did he flip?  Ohio State didn't really even offer.  It really just came down to FSU and UF.

FSU is taking a big hit today.  Florida isn't having a great day either, but with Jones and the DB they had sign shortly after they rebounded a bit.

(12-20-2017, 05:18 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 02:03 PM)Achilles Wrote: Mullen just got his QB. Emory Jones flipped from Ohio State to Florida!

Did he flip?  Ohio State didn't really even offer.  It really just came down to FSU and UF.

FSU is taking a big hit today.  Florida isn't having a great day either, but with Jones and the DB they had sign shortly after they rebounded a bit.

For Mullens first class and the short time he had, he did pretty well so far.