Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars going back to their roots

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 09:00 PM by jaguarmvp.)

The core of every good Jaguar team was to play good defense and run the ball down the opponents throats.  That was true under Coughlin (Means, Taylor, Stewart, etc) and was true under JDR (Taylor, MJD.)

The Jags drafting the best Rb, best OT, and a beast of a FB tells the tale.   Excited to see what this team can do if it evolves from a weak vertical pass attack to a power run offense.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The core of every good Jaguar team was to play good defense and run the ball down the opponents throats.  That was true under Coughlin (Means, Taylor, Stewart, etc) and was true under JDR (Taylor, MJD.)

The Jags drafting the best Rb, best OT, and a beast of a FB tells the tale.   Excited to see what this team can do if it evolves from a weak vertical pass attack to a power run offense.

Its what we've needed so badly. This is a formula that works. Play action is going to be an absolute terror to defend against us now. Go look at the I formation sets in Miami with Marquez Williams. Dude flattens every one coming on a delay and gives extra time for his QB. The deep game is going to kill this year. 

That power run game is going to come in handy when we are trailing by 28 in the 3rd quarter due to 2 BB5 pick-6s

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 10:09 PM by JagFanFirst.)

It will also take some of the pressure off Blake. He shouldn't be throwing the ball 35 times. Hopefully fewer passes means fewer mistakes.

Quote:It will also take some of the pressure off Blake. He shouldn't be throwing the ball 35 times. Hopefully fewer passes means fewer mistakes.

Bingo.

Smash. Mouth.

If everyone else is going sissy basketball on turf, make it hockey on turf.

Pound them.  Then pound them some more.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I like it

Been waiting for this style to finally come back to the Jags

<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

Quote:Been waiting for this style to finally come back to the Jags
If anyone should do it we should. I think the league has gotten so pass oriented that having an elite running game might be something most Ds can't defend against anymore.

Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

Quote:It will also take some of the pressure off Blake. He shouldn't be throwing the ball 35 times. Hopefully fewer passes means fewer mistakes.

So much this.

I've long thought the event horizon for Bortles is 30 attempts. Once you ctoss that line, you're more often than not playing with fire.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:So much this.

I've long thought the event horizon for Bortles is 30 attempts. Once you ctoss that line, you're more often than not playing with fire.
With a real play action threat and a time consuming run game, I doubt we will be getting in the same bad situations as we did in the past which made Blake push it.

Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

Quote:If anyone should do it we should. I think the league has gotten so pass oriented that having an elite running game might be something most Ds can't defend against anymore.

Ebb and flow.

If everyone else is getting soft, take he opposite route and steamroll them.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Tennessee sort of did the same thing, taking some pressure off their QB with a strong OL, 2 big RBs and a solid defense.  Since TC arrived there has been a strong emphasis on Special Teams which I do not think is unwarranted.  Special Teams can certainly swing games and generate cheap points.  If you have 4 or 5 core players, Montel Owens type guys, then you can start to game-plan tricky formations, trick plays, etc.  Special Teams is a fundamental science as well as an art form.  I'm happy to see so much emphasis placed there.

Quote:Ebb and flow.

If everyone else is getting soft, take he opposite route and steamroll them.

Exactly. This old school approach will do well against the Colts' new addition. Malik Hooker don't want none of LF. And with defenses going more towards speed and less towards tackling, it's only a matter of time before we see a resurgence in the old school fullbacks and physical offenses. There's still a place for this kind of offense
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

I think you will see an offense similar to the DG days. Run it all day with 4net and Ivory, ball control/sound defense. Blake will get 20-25 throws a game. Expect him to have a 15/25 2 TD 1-2 Int type game all year. I would not be shocked if he ended up with ~350 Attempts and around ~25 TDS and ~20 Ints.

Quote:I think you will see an offense similar to the DG days. Run it all day with 4net and Ivory, ball control/sound defense. Blake will get 20-25 throws a game. Expect him to have a 15/25 2 TD 1-2 Int type game all year. I would not be shocked if he ended up with ~350 Attempts and around ~25 TDS and ~20 Ints.

If he throws 20ints next year while throwing way less passes then he needs to go.