Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Re-watching the 99 AFC Championship Game

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017, 02:29 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

First off, that was definitely not a PI and should have been a pick.... Lol such agony... 

My question here is regarding the playoffs. PLAYOFFS?!?!? I know we're a ways out, but if we play up to our talent, we should get in. My question is, do we have a way to meet Tennessee in the championship again? Could this be the year to get our revenge? 

5. Titans.                   5. Titans
4. Chargers.              2. Steelers.       
                                                                  5. Titans
                                                                  3. Jags
6. Bills.                       3. Jags
3. Jags.                      1. Pats

By this way it could happen, highly unlikely. But oh my I wish this happens!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only reason it's unlikely is because it's unlikely one team will make it to the AFCCG, let alone two. In terms of seeding it's very likely:

If the division winner gets seed #3 then the WC need to be seed #5, if the winner is seed #4 then the WC need to #6. in both those cases they can only meet in the championship game.
If the division winner is seed #2 then they'll only meet is the WC is seed #6, if the WC is seed #5 than seed #6 has to lose.
If the division winner is seed #1 then the WC has to be seed #5.

Why would you inflict such torture upon yourself?

(11-30-2017, 02:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Why would you inflict such torture upon yourself?

This was my exact thought...

(11-30-2017, 02:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Why would you inflict such torture upon yourself?

I like pain! Bwahahahahaahaha
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

The Pats would draw the tacks and we’d get the Steelers in your scenario.

(11-30-2017, 01:59 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: First off, that was definitely not a PI and should have been a pick.... Lol such agony... 

My question here is regarding the playoffs. PLAYOFFS?!?!? I know we're a ways out, but if we play up to our talent, we should get in. My question is, do we have a way to meet Tennessee in the championship again? Could this be the year to get our revenge? 

5. Titans
                                                                  3. Jags

1.  That PI was bogus.  Even the announcers doubted the validity of the call.  That was one of three completely unforced errors (meaning the Titans had nothing to do with forcing those errors) that turned the tide of the game to the Titans.  Had those three unforced errors not happened, Tennessee does not win that game.

2.  I would submit that reaching and, more importantly winning the Super Bowl would be sufficient revenge, even if we never met the tacks in the playoffs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-30-2017, 03:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 01:59 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: First off, that was definitely not a PI and should have been a pick.... Lol such agony... 

5. Titans
                                                                  3. Jags

1.  That PI was bogus.  Even the announcers doubted the validity of the call.  That was one of three completely unforced errors (meaning the Titans had nothing to do with forcing those errors) that turned the tide of the game to the Titans.  Had those three unforced errors not happened, Tennessee does not win that game.

2.  I would submit that reaching and, more importantly winning the Super Bowl would be sufficient revenge, even if we never met the tacks in the playoffs.

Good point.

I doubt very many teams had more questionable calls or things fall in their favor than the 1999 Titans had.

Hope that the Jaguars make it to the AFC Title Game and really win. But there are a lot of teams that are very powerful. Would love Jaguars to sneak up and win it all. Would be nice.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(11-30-2017, 03:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

5. Titans
                                                                  3. Jags

But beating the tacks in the playoffs would make it that much more sweet tho. I would love to see the tacks in the playoffs, it would be different this time.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-30-2017, 08:12 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 03:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  That PI was bogus.  Even the announcers doubted the validity of the call.  That was one of three completely unforced errors (meaning the Titans had nothing to do with forcing those errors) that turned the tide of the game to the Titans.  Had those three unforced errors not happened, Tennessee does not win that game.

But beating the tacks in the playoffs would make it that much more sweet tho. I would love to see the tacks in the playoffs, it would be different this time.

Make no mistake.  I don't have to be sold on the merits of a playoff revenge tour where we knock off the tacks and Pats in the postseason on the way to winning the Super Bowl.  That would be a most enjoyable postseason.

But the key to that whole thing would be winning the Super Bowl.

I would be just as happy if we won the Super Bowl if we did not play the Pats and tacks in the postseason and just listening to tacks fans gnash their tooth at the idea we won the big one before they could.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I rewatched that 99 champ game recently too. The entire game is on youtube.
Brings me to this: what did jags fans think of steve mcnair? Relevant question seeing how this thread is about '99

(12-01-2017, 07:31 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: I rewatched that 99 champ game recently too. The entire game is on youtube.
Brings me to this: what did jags fans think of steve mcnair? Relevant question seeing how this thread is about '99

He was a big physical QB in the style of Roethlisberger. Not nearly the player that Roethlisberger has been but in the same style.  With regards to that '99 game, the Jags should have gone to the Superbowl that year except for the tacks pulling a Belichick before Belichick thought of it. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-in-1999/
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 02:04 PM by Jeff.Fisher.)

(12-01-2017, 08:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 07:31 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: I rewatched that 99 champ game recently too. The entire game is on youtube.

He was a big physical QB in the style of Roethlisberger. Not nearly the player that Roethlisberger has been but in the same style.  With regards to that '99 game, the Jags should have gone to the Superbowl that year except for the tacks pulling a Belichick before Belichick thought of it. 

Sounds like bullcrap to me. Guess we had microphones in the huddle too? What good is a playbook if u have no idea what play is called?
And that doesnt explain the other 2 times the Titans beat the Jags that season

I've got the 96 games against buffalo and the Broncos. Much more enjoyable

As I recall, Mark Brunell and Tony Brackens were giving their all to the very end, but by late 4th quarter the rest of the team had basically called it in.
'02

(12-01-2017, 02:02 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 08:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote: He was a big physical QB in the style of Roethlisberger. Not nearly the player that Roethlisberger has been but in the same style.  With regards to that '99 game, the Jags should have gone to the Superbowl that year except for the tacks pulling a Belichick before Belichick thought of it. 

Sounds like bullcrap to me. Guess we had microphones in the huddle too? What good is a playbook if u have no idea what play is called?

The first game was a fluke. The second game was in tacksville so that was legit win. In the playoff game, explain how having the playbook of your opponents DOESN'T give the cheating team an advantage?

(12-01-2017, 07:58 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 02:02 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Sounds like bullcrap to me. Guess we had microphones in the huddle too? What good is a playbook if u have no idea what play is called?

The first game was a fluke. The second game was in tacksville so that was legit win. In the playoff game, explain how having the playbook of your opponents DOESN'T give the cheating team an advantage?

I was too young to remember those games. Why do you say the first game was a fluke?

(12-01-2017, 10:33 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 07:58 PM)hb1148 Wrote: The first game was a fluke. The second game was in tacksville so that was legit win. In the playoff game, explain how having the playbook of your opponents DOESN'T give the cheating team an advantage?

I was too young to remember those games. Why do you say the first game was a fluke?

It was a very strange game. Jags were big favorites as I recall. Jags led 17-7 going into the 4th quarter and had really dominated the game until a series of questionable calls over about a 6 minute span in the mid 4th-quarter got the tacks up 20-17 with about 2 minutes left. Jags were driving and were on the 11 yard line (IIRC) ready to score and Mark Brunell threw an interception in our end zone in the pouring rain which essentially ended the game. We did get another safety on them with a few second left for the final score. Jags dominated the game in every statistical measure except the final score. Main things I remember were that the Jags were clearly more talented and the absolute flood running down the stairs in the stands during the 4th quarter.

So it's a fluke because teams that dominate like that rarely lose.

(11-30-2017, 02:26 PM)Kane Wrote:

This was my exact thought...

Dilly Dilly... that is the last football game I would ever watch again.
No pain, no gain.